anchor points visible in render

NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, fairly new to DAZ but not new to 3d, use autocad at work, but got a problem with some clothing items. There is what I assume are anchor points or guides of some sort, little purple wedges, that appear with the fairy clothing for kids4. Is there a way of turning these off as they are showing up in the renders. I've attached a pic that shows what I'm rambling about. Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Sometimes called 'handles' ... look in the Scene Tab. They should be appearing as a bone with the clothing item they are for. Close the 'eye' to hide them. They are used to apply some additional posing abilities to the clothing items.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If that's on K4, look for a utility pose to Hide Handles, or turn off visibility on the Handles in the Scene tab. If it's been Autofit to Genesis those methods probably won't work, so go to the Surfaces tab and find the material named Handles and set Opacity Strength to 0

• NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
    edited April 2013

Thanks for the help guys, you got me looking in the right direction. Was nothing under the scene tab or utilities but found a setting for them in the surfaces tab. I was able to adjust the opacity down to zero. So problem solved. Thanks again.

render2.png
    1024 x 576 - 843K
    Post edited by NedKelly on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I haven't ever encountered those, but haven't used much clothing yet. Quick question- if you do have handles on clothing, will there be morph settings for them over in Parameters too?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I haven't ever encountered those, but haven't used much clothing yet. Quick question- if you do have handles on clothing, will there be morph settings for them over in Parameters too?

Handles are basically attached to extra bones on the figure to move things like skirts and other flowing parts of a garment. The handle itself isn't really intended to be visible, so doesn't come with morphs. Manipulating them directly can give movement to the outfit they're attached to, hence their name.

They're fairly common on older figures including many V4 items as well as the lovely Sadie Fae outfit for toon girl Sadie.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

One problem, that Mike refers to, is that when an item is AutoFit to Genesis the handles are treated as part of the mesh for the clothing and can no longer be selected and hidden (or set not to render) on their own. That's why their surface has to be set to zero opacity, though that's normally a second-best over hiding.