What is this on my screen that won't go away!?

Hi,

What is this thing in the middle of my screen? It appears on the screen any time I click to begin and never goes away. To me, it appears to be some remnant of a 'Demo' version, but I worked around it and even did my first model with no problems.

I first installed manually to the program files/x86, then uninstalled, reinstalled to a My Programs folder because one of the forum threads said to avoid the protected program files/x86 folder. Still appears. In fact after reinstalling, the program did NOT ask for a serial number...?

I have edited the preferences, BUT am not sure what to look for as I know not how to describe this thingy...

Using Win 7 Ultimate/64 bit.

Thank you.

Scott aka boris0317

Comments

• Never seen that before. Mine is installed in the default folder in Windows 10 64-bit Pro. My computer has admin rights.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977
    edited November 2017

_and Is it ONLY on with Hexagon Or Not_??

_looks like somekind of _widget _``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
  • ed3D said:

_and Is it ONLY on with Hexagon Or Not_??

_looks like somekind of _widget _``~...

Never seen it before, and ONLY Hexagon.

• It looks somewhat like the Spotlight tool in zBrush, which is used to display images for use in applying textures, but I have no idea if Hexagon actually has something similar.

• You don't have any weird 3D drawing speed-test overlay enabled for your video card do you?

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Are you using any input hardware besides a standard mouse ... like a gaming device or tablet?

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited November 2017

It looks like the Amazon echo dot top view of the app

Post edited by DzFire on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Looks like it's an app called Sonic Radar. It's a program that is used with FPS games that shows ambient sounds from nearby enemies on the radar ... 
    quite useful for shooters. It may have been installed with a recient graphics upgrade or with a new game.

• Ha! I'd remember installing something like that on my computer. Probably a loner computer.

• DzFire said:

Looks like it's an app called Sonic Radar. It's a program that is used with FPS games that shows ambient sounds from nearby enemies on the radar ... 
    quite useful for shooters. It may have been installed with a recient graphics upgrade or with a new game.

That's exactly what it is. Key board short-cut toggles it on/off.

Thank you so much!

• You don't have any weird 3D drawing speed-test overlay enabled for your video card do you?

Sonic Radar- a sound tool used for gaming. Gone now. Thx.

• cdordoni said:

Are you using any input hardware besides a standard mouse ... like a gaming device or tablet?

Sonic Radar- sound tool for gaming. Thx.