3D Bridge error in Photoshop CS6

zeldaisgodzeldaisgod Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) and just installed the latest versions of DAZ Studio 4.5 (64-bit) with 3D Bridge for Photoshop plug-in (64-bit). I also have Photoshop CS6 (64-bit).

It appears I have installed the 3D Bridge plug-in correctly. But when I try to launch 3D Bridge from Photoshop, I get an error message: "Could not complete the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command because of a program error".

I've read about similar issues in this forum, but found no one who has successfully solved this issue. I will attempt to contact DAZ support, but first... any ideas?

Comments

• roger_8a3dce01bfroger_8a3dce01bf Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

No ideas but please post back if you do find a solution as I get this error too.

Cheers

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Have you heard anything back from tech support about this?

I have exactly the same setup and problem. (see http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20485/)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

I have a similar setup and didn't have any issues getting the bridge two work. Win8 64bit, DS4.5.1.56 64bit and Bridge installer 1.2.1.56 64bit, Photoshop CS6 64bit 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428)

I can show you my Adobe CS6 Daz3D plugin folder that has four files to eliminate if there is any missing software.

ScreenShot001.jpg
    658 x 161 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I have a similar setup and didn't have any issues getting the bridge two work. Win8 64bit, DS4.5.1.56 64bit and Bridge installer 1.2.1.56 64bit, Photoshop CS6 64bit 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428)

I can show you my Adobe CS6 Daz3D plugin folder that has four files to eliminate if there is any missing software.

Thanks Lindsey.

It appears to not be a problem with Photoshop 13.0. It seems with an Adobe update to 13.1 the error manifests itself.

There is a 2 month old help request on the photoshop forum that reports the same issue and points out that it worked with 13.0 and after the 13.1 update no longer works.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cs6_64_bit_creative_cloud_updates_break_the_daz_studio_3d_bridge

Of course Adobe points its finger at DAZ

So don't update Lindsey :p

I am using CS cloud and you get the updates automatically, but I think there is a way to rollback to a previous version. I may have to try that.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited April 2013

Thanks for the HU on the problem with the 13.1 update! I will definitely keep everything as is and hope you're able to roll back to 13.0!

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Moving back to Photoshop 13.0 did the trick and 64bit Photoshop runs the plugin and launches 64bit DAZ Studio just great. Phew!

• WarcatWarcat Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Any word on this? I"ve downloaded the latest bridge updates but it is still broken. Please advise. . . .

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

File a bug report to tech support

• susibikersusibiker Posts: 31
    edited March 2014

Frank0314 said:
    File a bug report to tech support

Sadly, this is still an ongoing problem. For me anyway.
    Both on Photoshop CC 64 and 32 bit.

http://lookpic.com/O/i2/493/60pNTvYQ.png

BugRep done.

Susi xx

Post edited by susibiker on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

The bridge doesn't work with CC. The coding for CC changed, and last I read by a Daz employee was that they couldn't pinpoint what exactly was changed so they could get the bridge working in CC.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    The bridge doesn't work with CC. The coding for CC changed, and last I read by a Daz employee was that they couldn't pinpoint what exactly was changed so they could get the bridge working in CC.

Oh poo. :(

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I'll have to downgrade to CS6 v13 then, unless anyone can suggest an easy way to do something similar to the DAZ version of Bridge?
    It would have saved me literally days of messing about that if below the proud statement on the 3D Bridge waffle page proclaiming -
    "Note: This plugin has been updated to work with DAZ Studio 4 and higher; requires Photoshop CS4 or higher."
    If it also said -
    "Doesn't work with Photoshop versions newer than CS6 v13. If you dare upgrade - tough!"

OK, a bit harsh, maybe, but at least let people know of the limit of Bridge compatibility.
    I wasted hours trying to get this to work :(

Thanks again Vaskania.
    Best Wishes,
    Susi xx

edited March 2014

Yes, the product page for the Photoshop bridge should probably be update to say that you need CS4-CS6. When it was updated for DS4, CC didn't exist.

Take a look at LDP-R http://www.daz3d.com/light-dome-pro-r

Check with Dreamlight first though to see if it works with CC.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26593/

edited December 1969

I get what you're saying re: CC, but I cannot get it to work with CS6 either..
    I suspect that the CC stuff is still interfering somehow, but I cannot tear out all the Adobe stuff and reinstall CS6 from scratch, I've got to finish the stuff I'm working on first.

I've asked in the forum, OK, I seconded a request for information regarding compatibility.

Thanks again Vaskania for the help.
    Susi xx

edited March 2014

I can confirm that it does work with CS6. I've used it between the most recent DS4.6 and CS6 Extended plenty of times.

Be sure DS, Photoshop, and the bridge all have the same bit, either 32 or 64, no mixing and matching.

In DS, go to Help > About Installed Plugins and look for 3D Bridge in the Daz Studio Pro Plug In Bundle section.
    This will let you know if it’s not installed (doesn’t show up), or just not working properly (green vs red plug icon).

For Photoshop, if it shows up under File > Automate, then it’s installed properly on Photoshop’s side of things.

The easiest way to install the bridge, is via DIM. Check Daz Studio's path, add Photoshop's path, and let DIM download and install the plugin.

This image highlights Poser, but you can choose any app in the list and set it's own settings.

dimapps_add.jpg
    972 x 672 - 380K