The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

kitten updates?

Last night the tortoise shell kitten tried to open her eyes a bit.

Aw

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    kitten updates?

Aw

I checked on her today and she was trying to open her eyes.

edited December 1969

Taco Time! One soft beef taco, one crispy beef taco, with hot salsa on the side! Yummy and biteable! :snake:

I have a pair of stripper shoes that should work for the Frank-en-furter character. W00t!

*edit* Argh - my Rendo wish list is filling up! I'm going to have to work longer hours to afford it all, or skip a couple of strip club visits... well, since I DID buy that stripper stage...!

*edit edit* I need more M4 characters. I've been going through my order history here, at RNDA, and Rendo - and I'm low on men! I put some into the wishlist, I'm going to need male characters for my steampunk comic and The Vicky Diaries (yes, it lives AGAIN). I need to make a props list AND a spreadsheet of everything I have. There's a few hours of copy/paste/format (blech).

Save tweaked characters as Face files, lets you apply expansions to Gen 4 characters in Poser without having to start over after extra channels are applied :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

Micah was trying to take a nap. I touched him and he woke up. Now he is wondering if he can take a nap or I will try to wake him up again.

edited December 1969

Falafel in a bag for lunch, wow nice day here, all golden brown and sunny *wants swim wants* ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...sheesh, shiny new expensive forum software and the eBots still go south.

Fortunately this thread is right next to the "Stupid" thread (where the eBots still seem to work OK) so I can go to the bottom of the page and click on the link to this one.

Just slogged through eight pages.

While it's hot down in Austin it has been unseasonably cool up here again. We are going to get a brief taste of summer midweek but then back to drizzle and below normal temps again for the end of the week and weekend. Seems our "summer" already happened in May this year.

Hmmm, Mike and a stripper pole? The mind wanders on this one. Gives me a fiendish Idea.

Kittens opening their eyes, sweet.

Complaints

...Weekend was way too short again.
    ...Left the travel mug on the desk at work and will have to endure getting my tea in a paper cup tomorrow (blech).
    ...Super that I stop at on the way to work is still out of the 8oz cans of Red Bull (which are on sale)
    ...Croatia lost in the 88th minute to Spain and was eliminated from the Euro 2012 tournament.
    ...Don't have anything for lunch tomorrow as I didn't do the weekly shopping trip since I was defrosting the fridge.
    ...Wanted to get a couple bratwurst at the local natural food market for dinner but the bakery there doesn't sell bulk buns or rolls (the cheapest pack is 3.50$).

Non Complaints

...The take out Korma curry dead bird over coconut rice was very delicious and had a nice kick to it.
    ...Zip files for some older Daz PC based content are beginning to appear..
    ...Fridge is back on line.
    ...Monday is in the books.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    This thread is getting close to 100 pages.

...this leads me to wonder. With the new forum software, will the thread need to be broken at 101 pages as was necessary in the past?

...or...

...will it spontaneously combust?
    ...will it affect the price of tea in China?
    ...will it cause the earth's magnetic poles to flip?
    ...will it prove Elvis is still in the building?
    ...will it prove Nazis really have a base on the far side of the moon?
    ...will it create a quantum singularity?
    ...will it cause the likeness of the Blessed Virgin to appear in a Twinkie bought at a 7-11 in Bozeman Montana?

...wandering minds need to know.

...been a long day to start a long week.

...nitiey nite all.

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
  • bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hahahahahaaaa! I found a stripper stage on Renderosity! :coolgrin: :snake:

I wonder how Mike is going to like dancing? And does he have the legs to pull off high heels?

Hee hee heee! I'm in a twisted mood today!

Link pls, I kind of need one. :)

Hmm... check the Star Trek thread, I seem to recall ptrope put a bonus item in the TOS Bridge he did. Might be this one: http://www.sharecg.com/v/27883/poser/23rd-Century-Bridge

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited June 2012

List of stuff:
    1) Didn't get much sleep, and was up all night. My shift ends at 8:00 this time instead of 7:00. Extra $$$ for me since I get paid by the hour, but will I make it? :P
    2) Was so exhausted when I finally got home. The door was locked so I had to splat everything on the ground and run across the street for a key. My grandpa was asleep so he couldn't get me one, but the staff gave me what she thought might unlock it. It didn't fit, but as I was trying to put it in the door swung open with a mere push. I forgot that door refuses to close, which means I wasted all that time running around >_>
    3) My Dracopedia book on the "*Great Dragons" was waiting for me and had arrived earlier that day. It's still more about painting than drawing, but does go over a bit of the basics on theory and a bit more on poses than the other Dracopedia book did. Still out of my league so I just read over all the colorful text and "History" in it. Was especially intrigued with the Blacks and Greens.
    3a) Not much poaching or other garbage that usually accompanies Dragons living in a modern world, with the exception of a bit of the oriental yellow/gold dragons, but "rumors of" efforts to weaponize the Blacks by the Soviet Union were mentioned. While not much poaching takes place, there are still folks trying to illegally sell specimens to private owners just like in the (More youth-oriented and magical) Dragonology series.
    3b) The black hatchlings are so adorable looking :3 The blues and greys look prettier when grown up though. (Also I love the signs at parks and such that say "DO NOT FEED THE DRAGONS" XD)
    4) Did some more "Import model, add a light, hit render" stuff with Indigo for fun.
    5) Red vs Blue Season 10 is in the works. Had fun watching the 4th episode today. Can't wait until next week :3
    6) Starting to slowly lose interest in FF Tactics again.
    7) Bungie's favorite number.
    8) I'm hoping 343 will change their minds and host a beta for Halo 4 like Reach had. Watching the teaser videos and the first few minutes of the campaign was so exciting.
    9) Folks on FA for some reason actually look forward to me arts I upload. Not sure why since there are so many there who are more talented (And more willing to do what I won't) than I am.
    10) I like some of Vue's Volumetric atmos, but changing them to the more detailed and realistic Spectral model destroys it. Hmm...
    11) Does the forum still "delete" line breaks or ENTER spaced or do I still need to add a period every time I want to hit ENTER?
    12) eggs eggs eggs eggs

zunu-raptor.gif
    100 x 100 - 9K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    kitten updates?

Aw

I checked on her today and she was trying to open her eyes.

New life is awesome :)

edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Ledhead said:
    This thread is getting close to 100 pages.

...this leads me to wonder. With the new forum software, will the thread need to be broken at 101 pages as was necessary in the past?

...or...

...will it spontaneously combust?
    ...will it affect the price of tea in China?
    ...will it cause the earth's magnetic poles to flip?
    ...will it prove Elvis is still in the building?
    ...will it prove Nazis really have a base on the far side of the moon?
    ...will it create a quantum singularity?
    ...will it cause the likeness of the Blessed Virgin to appear in a Twinkie bought at a 7-11 in Bozeman Montana?

...wandering minds need to know.

...been a long day to start a long week.

...nitiey nite all.

I vote for new magnetic poles, which will prove beyond any doubt that the Great Southern Land is on top of the world :) Fallback position would be more nunBun. The world needs more nunBuns :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Left elbow is still hurty-hurty.

edited December 1969

Hoping elbow is better by now :) Went for a swim at the local indoor, chorine eeeeeeowww but got all my kinks out :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hoping elbow is better by now :)

Nope. :( I just lifted my glass with left hand and nearly screamed in agony. :sick:

Imagine your funny bone being banged whenever you move your arm (and fingers going numb at the same time), except the pain is more like a rotten tooth root pain in your funny bone.

edited June 2012

I can't quite remember, but wasn't Sintel (The character, not the film itself) sort of released under a model where you could use the character for your own stories and work under the condition you credited the original authors (The Blender Foundation)?
    *edit* Sorry to hear about the elbow pain D: Not sure what might help... A very hot steamy bath perhaps?

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

No, I probably need to bandage my arm so I can't bend the elbow. That, of course, means I can't use my computer (efficiently) for a while.

edited December 1969

Dislocated my shoulder last year and had to make do one handed *empathises*

edited December 1969

^sigh* am really bad at animating quadrupeds. That is my complaint.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Digital Tutors has some vids on rigging and animating quads, not sure if any of them are free though.

edited December 1969

TY :) meh it's more I don't have a feel for it - six legs (ripple or tripod gaits) are absolutely fine, I worked with a woman studying centipedes to get the idea, two legs no problem, with four I'm having a hard time coping with the body as a horizontal object - does it roll or sway or both at once (swoll?), everything I do seems a bit borked. A lot borked. WAAAAAAAA! Feeling frustrated, gots ta laugh at myself :)

edited December 1969

managed to spit out 80 frames trial and error *needz moar practisse yesss*

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh. Taking a mental health day today, I'm stressing myself out too much! :ahhh: :ahhh:

So today I'll sit at home, listen to music, write off and on, and get PPro set up with my content libraries. I might merge most of them into higher-level categories as I think I went overboard... :wow: I must have 30 runtimes, divided by place of purchase, figure generation, item type, etc. etc. argh!

Nuts (cashews, almonds) and coffee for breakfast. It's even kind of healthy...!

edited December 1969

That's a great idea, had to get out for a swim before, all work and no play makes for dull 'borg. I use lots of runtimes and swap them in and out, clone and replicate is my usual MO :)

edited December 1969

Can frozen, solidified methane be considered ice?

edited December 1969

Methane freezes at -180C or so, water at 0C, I guess that is icy, or icky,real cold anyhow ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Mornins!

Weez iz goin from 74 Fs to 90s Fs, whiskeytangofoxtrot?
    Today Partly Cloudy High74° Low67°
    Tomorrow Mostly Sunny High91° Low74°
    Thursday Sunny High93° Low74°

http://dragcave.net/view/ZMGSu

ZMGSu.gif
    26 x 28 - 352B
    edited December 1969

i like the exp system. to each her own.

maybe if Daz reads the new tutorial on exporting Cr2? :lol:

i sees the mil dragon morphs in the !Daz folder. been toying with the idea to setup Mil Dragon with the empty channels so i can only inj the morphs i'm using. i'm hoping that would let me fit more dragons into a scene.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

flying quadrupeds?

bears kind of lope. cows bob their heads when they walk.

horses gallop, trot, prance, or are trot and prance the same thing? either way they look happy when they're prancing. and then there's the hi-ho-silver :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    List of stuff:

11) Does the forum still "delete" line breaks or ENTER spaced or do I still need to add a period every time I want to hit ENTER?
    12) eggs eggs eggs eggs

yoo don't need the dots, just hit enter twice.

now it's habit, it's hard to break, my rendo forum posts have extra breaks now

edited December 1969

*waves* past my bedtime here, and cold and inky dark outside my window brrrrr Studio export to Lightwave works pretty good, there doesn't seem to be a fix for the Genesis floating joint centres when you export a genesis to Poser, think the compatibility problems with exp channels are small fry by comparison

This discussion has been closed.