Ubersurface 2's Reflection 2 not working?

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi. Let me try to explain what I'm trying to do and hopefully someone can help. :)

I want to place a mask on a clothing item's surface so that a reflection on the 2nd Ubersurface material only appears in the masked (white) areas. I loaded the mask into the Layer Blend Strength (at 100%), set the Blend mode to Mask Blend, set Reflection2 Active to On, loaded a reflection map into the Reflection2 Environment Map box, and set the Strength to 75%.

When it renders, the masked area always appears black. If I turn Diffuse on, it renders with a solid Diffuse color. Specular also works, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the 2nd Reflection.

Any advice would be appreciated. I kinda need to find out what's behind this fairly soon if possible. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

Seems to be working here in RayTrace mode, at least.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Hm...does it sound like I did everything correctly in my description? Not sure what else to do then, I guess I'll try it again when we get a new version of Studio. Thanks.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

Did you try without a map? I just made one colour yellowish and one bluish so there'd be a difference, with a bunch of primitives and an uberEnv for lighting.