Bug in DAZ 4.5: Adding Camera Crashes Daz

2»

Comments

• studiohstudioh Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

ADDICT -
    1000% Yes, it is an issue that Daz needs to fix. It's not a hardware/driver/apple issue.
    That's because, it works if you select the command from the menu bar, but not if you select it from the "tabs" control.

If it was any problem other than a DAZ issues, it wouldn't work from the menu bar.

-Robert

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

studioh said:
    ADDICT -
    1000% Yes, it is an issue that Daz needs to fix. It's not a hardware/driver/apple issue.
    That's because, it works if you select the command from the menu bar, but not if you select it from the "tabs" control.

If it was any problem other than a DAZ issues, it wouldn't work from the menu bar.

-Robert

And if it was a purely Daz issue as you say ALL mac users would experience it and All do not. We have many Mac users who never have issues and some that do. It is more often than not a OS setting that needs fixed or set properly. I will flag this Thread up for our Mac CV to look at and see if you can get the issue resolved.

Also a users Forum Status is not their Handle. Szark was the CV helping you not ADDICT.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thx Jaderail but I don't mind being called ADDICT. I have been called worse. :) and thanks for the backup.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

studioh - are you using 4.5.1.56 or an older version?

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Jadderail: I think you have a case of sampling error. You don't see any bug reports, so you assume it's not a real problem. However, it's not clearly posted anywhere WHERE to send bug reports (and posting it in threads like this doesn't count, it's not stickied or better yet in the main text of the website) so fewer people will even attempt to report. And people to attempt to report here often get told that it's their fault, they're just not doing things right, or that their OS is messed up that that also reduces the number of people likely to report problems.

For what it's worth: I reported the Q-widget problem causing crashes two weeks ago, I just didn't know why it was showing up in my log files. Also, when I try and tile a pattern over a primitive (like a sphere), everything works fine until I try to save it. I've been keeping "use defaults" checked because that's what the tutorial says to do. However, it crashes every time, no matter what I do leading up to it. And I've done every sort of maintenance possible on this system to be sure there were no corrupt caches hanging around.

I'm running MacOSX 10.6.8 So now you have three possible datapoints, three different versions of the OS. If you'll tell me where to send the bug reports, I'll start sending my screenshots and coredump reports along. Breaking software used to be my job.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

OK, I can reproduce the problem by adding a carmera through the Camera Tab Pane, never ever done that before.
    Bug will be reported unless someone has a bugreport.

But I can say the same bug exists for the lights pane and has been reported already (and the bug doesn't look like a DAZ bug to me but a bug in qt (formely Trolltech qt, later Nokia qt) which is the gui toolkit used for the development.

edited December 1969

I stand corrected. I withdraw all previous comments and apologize for my ignorance.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I stand corrected. I withdraw all previous comments and apologize for my ignorance. why I thought Totte's comment would have turned that around

and the bug doesn’t look like a DAZ bug to me but a bug

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Jaderail said:
    I stand corrected. I withdraw all previous comments and apologize for my ignorance. why I thought Totte's comment would have turned that around

and the bug doesn’t look like a DAZ bug to me but a bug

It is a known bug and I did say it was not. So That I withdraw.