eye texture help

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, I have a bunch of eye texture with bad sclera textering

What I wanted to do was take an eye texture that has a a sclera to my liking.

Anyway, I'm looking at the V4/M4 seam guides. What the heck are the "Tear" things I see labeled on the guide?

I don't even see this guide being used with daz's offical textures...and I don't see it be used in the free ones I'm looking at.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Ok, I have a bunch of eye texture with bad sclera textering

What I wanted to do was take an eye texture that has a a sclera to my liking.

Anyway, I'm looking at the V4/M4 seam guides. What the heck are the "Tear" things I see labeled on the guide?

I don't even see this guide being used with daz's offical textures...and I don't see it be used in the free ones I'm looking at.

Underneath the eyeballs, between them and the face.

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There a reason why I don't see if often it in most, if not all, textures?

Is it something not needed?

edited April 2013

I think most people leave it simply 'coloured' and possibly somewhat glossy/transparent, like a tear.

There is mesh there so yes one can apply a texture to it ... and some do for special effects such as in crying.
    Or possibly painting it black as in eyeliner trying to make the lashes look thicker/longer.
    I've met a few women who will do that in RL. It's not a recommended practice though.[in RL]

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

oohhh, your talking about that thin skin on top of the eyelid

ok, so I guess unless it's not needed to worry about, unless for makeup

edited April 2013

The bottom eyelid, yes.

If you're making a full character or face set, I'd suggest doing 'something'. I just downloaded a free one in which it was totally forgotten about and even thought the skin is pale, somehow grey stands out!

If you're just fixing a set of eyes on an otherwise fine set, then yes you can leave it be.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Full character set?

No, just doing eyes so I can exchange them out

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

the "tear" section is normally transparent. (like water (tear's )
    if you look closely at a V4 / M4 figure,. the model has a little line of mesh at the bottom eye lid,. to simulate eye fluid build up,.. like a tear.

It doesn't need to have a texture,. unless it's a vampire with bleeding eyes etc,... :)

You can also change the Texture for the Sclera, or any other part of a figure,. using the"Surfaces" panel to select and change the texture maps in any part of the figure.

Hope it helps :)