pistol_wyrm.gif
    400 x 300 - 710K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hey cute - someone's homework? ;)

edited December 1969

Desktop Images closed http://www.desktopimages.com/ wow !

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hey cute - someone's homework? ;)

Actually it was more of his boredom killer and a fun idea he had :3

edited December 1969

classic flipbook stuff :)

edited December 1969

random: ppl I know found out they were out of a job today - next week, next month, they don't know exactly when the axe will fall and seem to be freaking out. I'm out of a job, or at least my contract is up, in November, and I'm kinda happy, or at least not unhappy, about that. Is a strange planet, SNAFU I guess.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Been there several times -- happy about the gig ending, that is.

edited December 1969

I do much better with short contracts, can work hard and look forward to R and R afterward. Permanent jobs seem to encourage conservation of energies at many levels, with little to look forward to except more of the same. Guess that's easy for me to say, with so many looking for full time work *shrugs helplessly* :)

edited December 1969

I know that feeling too!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I work with another guy doing Land Surveying. We just wok when we have work and I get a percentage. That would be sorta the same. What I like about it is the freedom. If I need to do something one day other than surveying then I do and we do the surveying the next day. We set our own hours. The other thing I like about it is typically I make pretty good money by getting paid a percentage. Overall it is so much better than an 8 hour a day 5 days a week job and getting the same amount of money every payday. What is not good is there are times when we have no work and I have no money coming in so at the end of the week I have no idea what I will bring home which makes paying bills difficult in the lean times.

edited December 1969

This thread is getting close to 100 pages.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hey congrats, you can count, or is it just read numbers :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

There's a difference? :)

edited December 1969

Irrational numbers rock :) (except for PI, am a Tau kind of 'borg)

edited June 2012

Funny and cute avatars!

8.gif
    100 x 75 - 32K
    e403cd99c0ad7ae61707b177c19eb6ea.gif
    100 x 100 - 147K
    dbabdde0b3e347514e8795bbd29b23b4.gif
    100 x 100 - 15K
    98 x 98 - 98K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I work in IT (no, duh) and for most of my working life I've worked in one form of customer tech support, either via phone, remote or by being present in flesh.

Now, don't get me wrong: I absolutely love to help users. I want to hug them and tell that everything will be all right, and just listen to what I have to say, do as I tell you to do, and work with me, and together we'll make things awesome again. There are tons and tons of people who are cool, and willing to do that, and then there are those who are kind of neutral or meh, but things will work out in the end.

And then there are those incredible pains in the butt.

It is that latter group, despite being minority most of the time, that burns out all my accumulated goodwill and turns me into a sour, bitter and cynical individual with ease. My preferred work these days would be interacting with other sysadmins (who are just as burned out and bitter so they're less likely to give ****) or customer reps who deliver the complaints, and then I'll just fix them in silence, and send back an ack that the problem has been solved or "this will take a bit longer, it will be fixed SOON, now tell that howler monkey at the other end of the line that unless he wants to come down here and write a driver from scratch for this POS NIC by wiping his butt-cheeks to the keyboard, he's not to bother me ever again". And other sysadmins would just nod quietly, sip slyly fortified stuff from their coffee mugs, and go back to fixing things before they get assaulted by a horde of baboons.

The problem is that we do care, and then someone hits you with a tire iron and screeches how his utterly important "c u l8r" message (and he's totally a CEO of some law firm and he's gonna sue us all -- I'm astonished how many lawyers this country holds, and no one is, say, a plain ol' custodian) is delayed because how dare a sudden storm take out a cell phone tower by smashing it to smithereens or server experience a sudden fatal crash? All the while you're busy trying to fix the goddamn thing, make sure that everything can be re-routed or the server's backup restored to a different server that needs to pick up the slack.

Sysadmins are generally people who like stability, hate surprises, hate anomalies, and want to see system running as smooth as possible.

Partially so they don't need to deal with inflated baboon buttocks screaming to their faces, but above all, to make life best for ALL users alike. Because we want to make the world awesome for those who can appreciate it.

*sips fortified stuff from her mug*

Soooo... what were we talking about again?

edited December 1969

And for the cute ones...
    (I collect avatars :3 )

ef7f0868d422ff8e1e4d063ac0288747.png
    100 x 100 - 11K
    0ee61a753a5c739ffaeaaf48b48fa3a4.png
    100 x 100 - 17K
    Dragon__Hungry_by_Mangust_art.gif
    32 x 64 - 7K
    d8420ed0dfd2e4c51cd51f82b6f89e94.gif
    75 x 75 - 27K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I can do neither, my computer told me what to say, otherwise I would be incapable of anything.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Nietzsche is Peachy, but I Kant read! :snake: %-P

Good day! Morning here in lovely Austin, TX. where it's going to be in the upper 90s again, then rain tomorrow and Wednesday (HOT rain from the looks of things). Should be a quiet week, the boss is on vacation and I have a pile of things to do in C# for this silly UI thing. Well, it's going to look good on a resume, I guess!!

Coffee and milk for breakfast, tacos for lunch, and a Filet-O-Fish at McDs for dinner tonight! Then it's time to set up all my runtimes in PPro, that's tonights work.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I don't know why I find this so cute, but I do! :D
    I love how it just falls on its face after it fires the bullet XD

That's cool! I wish I was that talented. :down:

edited December 1969

Hahahahahaaaa! I found a stripper stage on Renderosity! :coolgrin: :snake:

I wonder how Mike is going to like dancing? And does he have the legs to pull off high heels?

Hee hee heee! I'm in a twisted mood today!

edited December 1969

I have great respect for tech support, got me out of trouble and made me look good plenty of times ;)

edited December 1969

I wonder how Mike is going to like dancing? And does he have the legs to pull off high heels?

Link pls, I kind of need one. :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Link pls, I kind of need one. :)

We aim to please!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=93865

Can't wait to get home and get Mike up that pole!!!! I also bought a nice, long hair for him to swish around when he's stripping (heh).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    wahhh no one wants to come over and play canasta with me. or pinnacle. :( *snitchulls*

I luv both of those games, but especially canasta which I am very good at.

really? yoo wanna come over?

Sorry it took so long to get back with you, I was looking at the rules for 2 handed canasta. I'm heading out the door now so I should be at your place in a bit. I forgot, do I take a right or left at the light?

2nd star to the right, straight on to morning :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    quick, what's the first motown song that pops into your head?

"stopp in the name of luv"

river deep mountain high

"ain't no mountain high enuff"

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

What???? Two days of rain here in Austin? I was planning to work in the yard. Oh, never mind. It's too hot to work in the yard. Guess I'll stay with my computer.

edited December 1969

tee hee. remember the scene in scooby doo movie, he's dressed up in heels, walking to the freak song. (they dressed scooby like gramma to sneak him on the plane)

paging Mr. Doo

edited December 1969

HAHAHA http://e-akahele.deviantart.com/art/Rescue-Dragon-147827782
    It's this funny flash game where people are falling from the sky and you have to catch them in the dragons mouth to get points (THey have to land on the tongue or they asplode)

rescue-dragon.jpg
    396 x 494 - 75K
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    What???? Two days of rain here in Austin? I was planning to work in the yard. Oh, never mind. It's too hot to work in the yard. Guess I'll stay with my computer.

Well, you know the weather here - just because Google Weather and the Stateman weather say "rain" doesn't mean it'll happen, or that it'll rain where you or I are! The last big storm completely missed my place, it was weird.

We sure could use the rain, though.

This discussion has been closed.