Importing an interior into Das Studio 4

qbfijiqbfiji Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I recently bought an interior from the Daz store and installed it but can't seem to open or import it. I'm definitely doing something wrong... I just have no idea what it is so if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Each time I double click on the interior in the Content library I'm hit with a series of warnings which I have taken screen shots of below.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue.

Cheers,

Jr.

Comments

• qbfijiqbfiji Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This was the next warning that came up.

Screen_Shot_2012-06-18_at_2.57_.01_PM_.png
    449 x 209 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Followed finally by this one.

Screen_Shot_2012-06-18_at_2.57_.11_PM_.png
    506 x 172 - 27K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

who ever made it miss named one of the files - see if you can find it

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

No, I didn't misname any files. The Playschool has been in the store for a couple of years now and I'm sure I'd have heard by now if there was a problem.

What I suspect is that the installer has maybe put the files in the wrong place. Here's what you should see in windows Explorer.

Daz Studio/content/data - 94 folders (prefix 'IP_')
    Daz Studio/content/Maclean/Interiors - 3 folders - Playschool, Playschool Letters, Playschool Presets
    Daz Studio/content/Runtime/textures/maclean/Interiors - 55 .jpg files (prefix 'IP_')

If the files are in something like 'Daz Studio/content/content', you'lll need to move them.

If that's not the problem, post and let me know.

mac

edited December 1969

Thanks for the prompt replies!

I'm using Daz Studio on a Mac but the paths you gave are essentially the same as the ones I have as well.

My exact paths are:

[username] / Documents / Daz 3D / Studio / My Library / Content / Data / IP Folders

[username] / Documents / Daz 3D / Studio / My Library / Content / Maclean / Interiors / Playschool, Playschool Letters, Playschool Presets

[username] / Documents / Daz 3D / Studio / My Library / Content / Runtime / Textures / maclean / Interiors / .jpg files

When I'm prompted to locate the .jpeg I do locate them but then the other two warnings still pop up. I don't know what I'm not doing.

Thanks again for your time and help on this.

Jr.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited December 1969

There shouldn't be a "content" folder under "My Library".
    Try moving everything you have under "My Library/content" to "My Library" directly.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much! That worked!

Appreciate the help!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,213
    edited December 1969

Please report this as a bug, if the installers put the Content folder there - it shouldn't do that.

edited December 1969

Glad it worked. And thanks for buying the Playschool! Hope you like it!

mac

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

Could someone help me? I'm having the same issue except I have the Classroom Interior. Any help assistance would be greatly appreciated!

edited December 1969

404nicg said:
    Could someone help me? I'm having the same issue except I have the Classroom Interior. Any help assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I'd need a little bit more information to be of any help.

When you say 'the same issue', have you tried following the same steps to solve it? What error messages are you getting and where is you content folder.

mac

edited February 2013

maclean said:
    404nicg said:

When you say 'the same issue', have you tried following the same steps to solve it? What error messages are you getting and where is you content folder.

mac

I'm getting pretty much the same error messages. I tried moving the files but I must have misplaced them again. I know it's a matter of simply placing the files in the right spot but I can't seem to find where they belong

Screen_Shot_2013-02-23_at_10.05_.37_AM_.png
    1036 x 473 - 210K
    Screen_Shot_2013-02-23_at_10.05_.28_AM_.png
    793 x 486 - 178K
    Screen_Shot_2013-02-23_at_10.04_.19_AM_.png
    705 x 333 - 119K
    Post edited by 404nicg on
    edited February 2013

maclean said:
    404nicg said:

mac

EDIT: False alarm I got it to work! The scene is awesome bro thanks for your help and thanks to Leana as well!

Post edited by 404nicg on
    edited December 1969

Glad you got it all fixed.

cheers

mac