Battle Craft

I modeled this Battle Craft a while back. Finally finished building a hierarchy using the parent option on the Linking tab. Just put it up for download today. Enjoy.....Download here Battle Craft.

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Looks great, Thanks!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Thank you, very generous.

• Outstanding model. Many thanks for sharing it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thanks for sharing this beautiful model smiley

edited October 2017

I decided not to wait too long and tested you model in a scene. I added an unrealistic tree I made with NgPlant (which is quite good at making strange things), an element from the set by Mihnea Dumitru and a Poser robot called Brainstem (don't know why this name, but a robot needs a name, of course). The terrains in the background are (stretched) alien terrains (from a set by Brian Djamker (Module one)) that you can find on Renderosity. I did give them a Bryce procedural texture.

I think your model looks wonderful in a scene, Stephen!

paperleaftree.jpg
    875 x 875 - 928K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - beautiful scene, awesomesmiley

edited October 2017

Thanks, Mermaid.

I also created a night-version. I rotated some elements of the battle-craft somewhat, aimed the spotlights at Brainstem, modified the material of the window and added a light and an inhabitant (well, only a head) to the inside of the battle-craft. Makes for kind of a surreal sci-fi view, I think.

paperleaftree2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 683K

Hansmar - I like the night version better, is the head part of the model or something you added.

Thanks, Mermaid. The head is not part of the model. It is a M4 head that I took of its body and added. I used the head before (with hair, in that case) in one of the contests (surreal).

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited October 2017

Thanks S Ray but it appears to be unusable unless I leave it in exactly the same position it loads at.

When selecting it, it's all seperate objects and there is no "G" in the menu to allow grouping.

So when I go to move it it splits in to all of it's seperate components.

Untitled.jpg
    477 x 406 - 105K
    Untitled2.jpg
    751 x 528 - 196K
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited October 2017

Hi Stuart, I don't recognise this problem at all. I can move, rotate, etc. the whole thing with no problem whatsoever. To move my head and extra light togeter with it, I of course had to group them. I made a quick new render, where I moved the craft and light and head (I first moved the craft alone: it worked well). Then I rotated the spotlights to hit the tree. Here is the new version. Maybe the issue is, that it is loaded into Bryce as an obp and that therefore it works differently then if you import an obj?

paperleavetree3.jpg
    875 x 875 - 499K
    edited October 2017

I can't understand it, I cant even group the objects together. Theres no G on the menu.

And the option to group in the Objects menu is greyed out and not available.

Also it says in the text file included with the model:

"There is no group it is all parented together to the BC_1Body_1 mesh to build a hierarchy. To translate the whole model select BC_1Body_1. "

But when looking at the list of meshes there is no BC_1Body_1 mesh

Untitled3.jpg
    1079 x 721 - 296K
    Untitled4.jpg
    179 x 387 - 36K

Haha. It must be me.

All I had to do was select all objects and click the 3rd button down on the menu and it linked all objects together.

The G appeared in the menu and I can now Group, Ungroup and move the whole object as 1.

Untitled5.jpg
    176 x 172 - 17K

Hansmar - the 2nd night version is awesome too. I downloaded the model but did not get a chance to play with it yet, hopefully this weekend.

Stuart - good you sorted it out, I'll know what to do if I have a similar problem smiley

Mermaid, thanks.

Stuart, I also do not have a G, but I can select the full object and it is called 'battle craft'. I did not have to link things first and have no clue why you had too. How did you enter the craft into the scene?

edited October 2017

How did you enter the craft into the scene?

I imported it into the other primitives and saved objects that appear when you click the little triangle next to the Create button.

Or you could just copy and paste it in to here, either the "Installed" folder or the "User" folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets\Objects\User

StuartB - Select Family 9 and you can resize and position the whole craft, no need to group.

Hansmar- good job.

edited October 2017

I had some fun with Stephen's the Battle Craft. The foreground is a double stacked Moon DEM terrain with the crater Purbach above at left and Apiana cut at the right edge. In the crater Werner is Phillip Drawbridges Hog, a huge crashed spacecraft. The Battle Craft finally located it. The backdrop shows M42, a panorama I faked from HDRI photographs of the Orion Nebula made at the observatory of our local astronomy club some years ago.

Found

Found.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 125K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo: great job!

edited October 2017

Thanks very much S Ray.

Just thought it might have another use, as an Observer Craft.

Observer.jpg
    1169 x 602 - 934K

Stuart: Very useful use and great render!

Hansmar - thank you.

Stuart - great use of the craft, beautiful underwater scene.

Thanks very much Hansmar and Horo.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

StuartB, my bad I renamed the parent mesh to Battle Craft but forgot to change the readme file

Nice renders 

Horo- great space scene

Stuart - lovely underswater scene

Thanks S Ray, no problem, sorted it in the end.

Thanks Mermaid.

edited October 2017

At last I got to play with this lovely model, the lighting and terrain are from David and Horo’s Sky Toolbox https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-sky-toolbox/

I went shopping for a freebie to include in the craft and found "Alfred" at Turbosquid. ThanksSRay and Hansmar wink

eg5b.jpg
    900 x 675 - 67K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Great!! Thanks for this!!

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited November 2017

Many thanks to Stephen for such a well crafted  model. Found the light setups most investing. Like Stuart a saw it as a bathyscaph like vessel and gave me a good excuse to mess around with volumetric effects.

The objects are surround by a cube with a very simple volume texture. Illuminated by 2 spots and one omni (slightly modified form Stephen’s) and the Bryce sun.

The aquatic plants are from Lisa’s Botanicals.

The Marlin is from a very old collection of models whose creator I can’t remember (something like Tucon).

Rendered at normal AA, bout 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks for looking (and thanks again to Stephen).

bc.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 191K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2017

Mermaid - thank you. Great render, beautiful landscape and sky.

Beautifully done, Dan. Great light.

Post edited by Horo on