WGD Crazy Artwerks

1235»

Comments

• Lol!  Sounds like you are settling in with your temporary limitations.  Just remember not to sit down in front of the computer for too long. You need to get up and stretch every so often.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I was on crutches for almost 6 months about 15 years ago.  Couldn't even carry a cup of coffee across the room.  It totally sucked lol.  Glad to hear you've been able to cut down on the pain meds!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

KM,  Just got up and did a lap around the house per yer instructions... too much pressure on leg is bothering me again after hand washing/drying dishes last night... that gave me perhaps too much standing exercise mostly on good leg with other mostly for a bit of balance along with holding counter hopefully it will be feeling good again tomorrow.

Those dishes which were nearly all from before accident have now all been washed and half put away. 2 of my good SSteel pans need more cleaning as there are a few places which didn't quite come clean... time to get out my Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser to clean up like new again.

Sonja,  Good grief... 6 months!  Hopefully I'll graduate to a cain before end of year.  Know what you mean by carrying open containers or even plates of food across room.  I had been mixing Gatorade and using open glasses before... just got an idea to pour it into empty plastic soda bottles but don't know how yet to use my washable plates and take to computer desk... perhaps I have to eat at kitchen table for awhile.  Will have to look in kitchen to see if I have and other containers for liquids that seal tightly at top for transport.  Oooooh.... what would be cool is a robotic mini-fridge... I could just load it up with what I want and put open glasses/cups and dishes on top and have it follow me back to computer desk... perhaps I'll model one and just dream about it as being a reality.  They do make a basket and also a food tray for walkers but I elected to buy neither since they are both a bit 'spensive... couldn't see buying either since this is temporary.  Perhaps I'll look into getting a cart with nice cushy tires that can be used later for anyone to move things around the house or even mainly for display... hmmm.

Spoke a bit soon about pain meds... leg was bothering me when trying to fall asleep so finally gave in and took one last night... but none today... so far... if anything I'll give Motrin or Tylenol a try tonight instead, if needed.

Sounds like you are making good progress!  And it was NOT a fun 6 months let me tell you lol.  My kids were open enrolled out of their designated school zone so had to be driven to school.  After I quite taking the pain killers after surgery, I taught myself to drive with my left foot and just hooked the right one over the middle floor divider lol.

Sounds like you are making good progress!  And it was NOT a fun 6 months let me tell you lol.  My kids were open enrolled out of their designated school zone so had to be driven to school.  After I quite taking the pain killers after surgery, I taught myself to drive with my left foot and just hooked the right one over the middle floor divider lol.

Not fun indeed.  Imagine that it took a lot of extra time just getting into that position.

Today I had PT, Nurse then later OT...  still can't raise entire left leg up from a laying down position but can with very slight help from PT... 10 reps... oh the pain at top of hip, surgery area... level=8,... but gotta keep at it or won't get better.  I did make two trips downstairs via chair lift then walker across and into the garage... one trip needed something from car and was able to sit sidways in seat, no problem,... didn't try yet to put legs in... perhaps will take for a short drive around block or further hopefully in near future.  Both times when going back upstairs I stopped the chair lift and took last 3 steps on my own using banister and arm of lift chair for safety... made it without a problem... perhaps I'll try 4 or 5 steps next time.  At rehab center in Ninja Torture Squad room by the end of 2nd week I made it up and down 5 steps twice in a row, with banisters for extra support/balance/safety, so had some confidence I could do it here.  Just gotta be careful to not let Therapy catch me or they will put a stop to that without their supervision.  Got banned from moving shower chair today. :(

Also today, I believe it was OT, asked if pain level ever goes away... I replied...the only time I'm unaware of it is when I'm asleep.

I've started taking Motrin and Tylenol... alternating each... once in morning and then again at nite around bedtime, if needed, instead of Norco which is heavier duty.

Last nigth I started designing a custom font for the Ninja Torture Squad.which I will load in as Carrara text... hopefully it will work out well without furter modification.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

I hear once the NTS has you in their sights you better learn to run fast :) glad you are feeling better,

edited October 2017
    head wax said:

I hear once the NTS has you in their sights you better learn to run fast :) glad you are feeling better,

I talked to one of them today about using a cane and seemed OK on the idea... but of course with their supervision at first... they discourged me from trying it on my own... but then who knows what Crazy John will do while they aren't looking. wink

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    edited October 2017

I made a quike banner earlier this evening to see if I could add it to my sig, I've had noting for quite awhile.  Right now it only contains a few elements...  the WGD is the same font I designed using the Amiga Computer...  the CA I designed in Carrara's vertex modeler for any who want the CarrarArtist Logo, in the background, brown/tan is a shader setting I came up with, the purple color behind the CA is three layers of very thin Carrara Fog,  and finally at the far right is a mini pic of my 2nd place winning entry in the Carrara Challenge 31 "Music  for my eyes"...  note that everything excecpt a round speaker was modeled by me... see the full pic for more details Here which is back one page.

If you want to see the banner full size click on the mini pic below... note that the mini pic only shows a portion of it.

WGD_CA_banner_fin02.png
    1024 x 100 - 234K

Nice job on the banner!  I saw that entry and thought it was super cool!

• Nice banner.  I remember that entry.  Super cool image, that one was!

Thanks Sonja and KM.  I really like how the fog color mix just blends into the background... when I'm lucky the effects/tools can create a postwork like look, IMO.... gotta give myself bonus points when I can pull that off.   Bye the way the fog x 3 group is originally a Nebula look I created... in a starry sky you can see occasional stars through it... kewl.

But alas... I'm still not satisfied... need to make the CG stand out more against the background and be a tad bit larger.  Perhaps I'll pitch in a few other objects since there is so much empty space... whaddya think?

Hah... I started to model a walker last night... only set up the height before the curve to top... it was very easy to just make a path and sweep a circle along it tonight.  Still in very early stage and will post beginning in Modeling thread.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Hope you are feeling better.  Keep doing your PT.  It is so important to try to get full range of motion as early as possible.

In the modeling thread, saw that you have started on the rocker model.  Good start.  Looking forward to seeing the finished, textured, and rendered result.

edited October 2017

Made some changes to the banner... CA logo now stands out on a darker fog effect... it's closer to camera and has a slightly diff rotation... also I noticed that I'd chopped off part of the render/pic at right side... so fixed it.

WGD_CA_banner_05b2.png
    1024 x 100 - 229K

PT Update...  They have given me the ok to start practicing on my own with a cane.  Saw Doctor today at Rehab Center... and he gave me the go ahead to start driving... when I got home was able to get into/outof car with no problems... even loaded the walker in and started it up.  Now I can run some errands myself instead of bothering friends and relatives.

I've been eager to re-visit the Rehab Center in order to find out what the NTS's black garb looks like... I might just have to model it... but just in case I bought some scrubs for V4 which will need to be modified since the style is quite different.

See my current WIP here for Carrara Challenge #36 - Pinups and Cheesecake and Hunks - Oh My!.

• Your WIP looks pretty good.  Something classic to do to a spaceship.  ;)   Glad to hear you are getting more mobile and more independence.  

Great news on your progress! Just don't over do.

Thanks KM.

Sonja, I feel like I've overdone it... there are 18 exercises to do... I normally forget 1 or so.  Supposed to do 10-20 reps twice a day... I'd been stuck on 10 reps but moved up to 15 today... while laying down lifting straighten leg upwards is worst one that bothers the hip area.

Today was last visit with PT.  After Nurse examines me tomorrow I'm on my own.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Curious if you have tried the new DForce for Daz Studio yet.  Hope you are still doing well with your exercises.

• How's the PT going? I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to pop in recently.  You doing okay?

Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.  Let us know how you are!

• Hi all, wgdjohn niece here. Sadly I bring terrible news, we lost my uncle right before Christmas to unknown/unexpected reasons. I know he loved his daz3d community and modeling, he was always showing me what he was working on, for that reason his buddy and I are trying to connect with you all to let you know he will no longer be active. Maybe one day my interest will bring me here to get into modeling like he loved. Right before he passed his computer went down and he was waiting on someone who could fix it to get back on here so that is why such the long absence. Good luck with your future projects, your art is wonderful and it means something. Don’t ever stop. xoxox -niecetina <3