How to use DzProcess on a Mac?

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369

I have created a small program that I am calling from Daz Script.  The windows version works perfectly.  I cannot get the Mac version to work. 

First, where does Daz want these small programs to be located on a Mac (this is for a product to be sold)?  On Windows, I can just put them in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common and it works fine as Windows isn't particular about where an exe runs from.  On Mac, I have tried both just /Applications and /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/bin.  I can run my program directly from the shell in those two locations, e.g.,

$ /Applications/MyProgram.app/Contents/MacOS/MyProgram

This works.  However, I cannot get the DzProcess code to work.  The Process.start always returns false.  Is it supposed to work on the Mac?  Any help is appreciated.  Here is my DzProcess code:

var sMacOSXTattooApp = '/Applications/MyProgram.app/Contents/MacOS/MyProgram';

[...]

if (App.platform() == App.Windows)
  {
     var file = helper.replaceAll(sWinTattooApp, '/', '\\');
    var aProcessArgs = [
      '"'+file+'"',
      "getFont",
      tempfile,
      'DONOW'
//      '"'+helper.replaceAll(tempfile, '/', '\\')+'"',
    ];
  }
  else if (App.platform() == App.MacOSX)
  {
    var file = sMacOSXTattooApp;
    var aProcessArgs = [
      '"'+file+'"',
      "getFont",
      tempfile,
      'DONOW'
    ];
  }
  else
    return [];
  oProcess = new DzProcess();

// Assign the arguments
  oProcess.arguments = aProcessArgs;
  oProcess.communication = DzProcess.Stdin | DzProcess.Stdout;
  // If starting the process fails
  if( !oProcess.start() ){
    // Inform the user
    MessageBox.critical( qsTr("Could not start Word Tattoo.  Please check your installation"), qsTr("Fatal Error"), qsTr("&OK") );
    return [];
  }

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

Did you succeed? Otherwise I can take a look as I might need to do something like this myself, call an app ;-)
    One thing, the thing you call, is that an app bundle or the tool directly? 

• Totte said:

Did you succeed? Otherwise I can take a look as I might need to do something like this myself, call an app ;-)
    One thing, the thing you call, is that an app bundle or the tool directly? 

No, I didn't.  From memory, I believe I call the tool directly at the command line which works.  I tried both from DzProcess.  If you can figure it out, that would be great.  I would be happy to give you a copy of Word Tattoo for free smiley

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited October 2017

Try removing the double quotes for the MacOSX section.

[..]    var file = sMacOSXTattooApp;    var aProcessArgs = [      file,       // <----      "getFont",      tempfile,      'DONOW'    ];

Also, try specifying a working directory.

Post edited by jag11 on
  • jag11 said:

[..]    var file = sMacOSXTattooApp;    var aProcessArgs = [      file,       // <----      "getFont",      tempfile,      'DONOW'    ];

I will try both this weekend.  Thanks.

• jag11 said:

Thank you very much!  I finally got around to trying your suggestions... removing the double quotes worked!  Yea!