Variety of eyeball types

VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Not just plain, old, human eyes, but cat eyes, dragon eyes, snake eyes, etc. When working with a Genesis character in particular, the eyes need to match the species being created.

Color variations are fine, but not all creatures and beings have ROUND pupils in their eyes yet still may have different colored irises.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
  • VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Definitely a help. I can see at least three eyes that I can use. Thanks for locating them--I'd missed that set.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Have you considered creating your own? They are truly easy to create and any software you might need is available for free.

Use the textures from what you have and customize them to what you want. It's fun to create and rewarding.

• VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Have you considered creating your own? They are truly easy to create and any software you might need is available for free.

Use the textures from what you have and customize them to what you want. It's fun to create and rewarding.

As I have said before elsewhere, I have neither the skills nor the talent to create my own models and textures.

"Cat Eyes" in the full range of normal eyeball shades can be used by almost anyone wanting to create an alien or semi-human model, yet the eyes available that I've seen so far with slit pupils are limited to a very few 'normal' colors and several 'monstrous' colors. On the other hand, it seems there are thousands of round-pupiled eye textures everywhere you look.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

No problem. It was just a suggestion. I've never seen your posts. Hope you find what you need.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Vulpine said:

As I have said before elsewhere, I have neither the skills nor the talent to create my own models and textures.

"Cat Eyes" in the full range of normal eyeball shades can be used by almost anyone wanting to create an alien or semi-human model, yet the eyes available that I've seen so far with slit pupils are limited to a very few 'normal' colors and several 'monstrous' colors. On the other hand, it seems there are thousands of round-pupiled eye textures everywhere you look.
    Because the pupil should be changed by a morph, not the texture, generally speaking.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I am fairly sure that I saw some slit pupil morph among my Genesis morphing dials. I am just not sure whether it is a basic morph included in the free Genesis, or part of some paid-for item that I have bought (I am not at my home PC right now and can´t check).

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Genesis Evolution Head Morphs has a Pupil Slit morph.

pupil.jpg
    600 x 225 - 112K
  • edited December 1969

I tried a little experiment with contact lenses for genesis. Quite simple with 2 materials. Allowed me use any shape or colour I wanted to by just drawing on a texture template. Could easily have different left and right ones too. None of my patterns were particularly sophisticated.
    It did save me messing with genesis eyeball texture or morphs and the like.

ContactExamples.jpg
    666 x 494 - 69K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Nice idea! Would be very useful.

• edited December 1969

Work in progress ~ A couple of test renders

LimeSnake01.jpg
    500 x 650 - 151K
    RY01.jpg
    500 x 650 - 151K