The PC 'Expired members' party thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I think it's better to just tell DAZ3D to get off their butts and get all new files into zip format! They've been converting older files, I don't understand why they aren't putting new products directly into zip format rather than creating just more files that will have to be converted! >:-(

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Sunfire said:
    I don't suppose someone could tell DAZ to contact Nortons and find some way to keep Norton anti-virus from finding WS.Reputation.1 in all my DAZ downloads? This is only a recent occurence for me as I downloaded the last freebie without problem.

THis sort of thing is not Daz3D 's fault. It is just that the latest updates on some AV programs have gone into paranoia mode, and theri heuristics are set wrong imo. I have had "false positives" on some quite surprising things, including flagging up my old version of MS Office, the one that has been on this PC since it was built, when I tried to open a word file I had saved.

Editing to add that my PC is scanned regularly, and by Spybot and malwarebytes as well as my AV, so no chance that the alerts are other than false
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2012 and haven't been getting reports, false or otherwise, on downloads - it has been turning its little nose up at the uninstallers created by DS and its plugins, though, so it's working (for certain values of "working").

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited June 2012

Sunfire said:
    I don't suppose someone could tell DAZ to contact Nortons and find some way to keep Norton anti-virus from finding WS.Reputation.1 in all my DAZ downloads? This is only a recent occurence for me as I downloaded the last freebie without problem.

That's the main reason I stopped using Norton.On the earier versions it would throw up false positive on everything. We even had it throw up something on Photoshop when we were installing it. Same with Poser. It got to a point we couldn't use some of our programs cause every time we opened it it would throw up a virus alert and shut the program down.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Totally4RyoTotally4Ryo Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I want to join this party! I'm totally confused. With all the issues going on in the last few weeks, I could not check when my PC membership needed renewal, which I believe was in the midst of this chaos where I could not make any purchases even if I had some things sitting my cart waiting to be purchased.

Today I finally had success in purchasing and I seem to have gotten the PC prices. I think.... are there $1.99 and reduced prices for everyone? Anyway, I also just found out how to check my PC status. And apparently it's been cancelled. I know I didn't cancel my subscription, so what the heck?

It says my last ordered amount was $7.95 when I know I paid for 3 months. It also says next delivery 6/15/12, which might be correct. Now when I click on the link to renew my PC membership, I see the following:

Subscription type: Monthly
    $7.95

First Period Price: $20.97

Normally I would think that the $20.97 is for another 3 months, but with everything going on here, I can't really be sure. So, if I click to pay that, I will renew my PC membership by 3 months, and not end up paying anything else?

I guess what really confuses me is the prices I just paid for items. Did I get an addition month, as I've been reading, but it's not showing or what? I would really love to maintain my membership.

As I said, I'm really confused. Help!

edited June 2012

You are showing up as a PC member. If you are seeing (and paying) $1.99 for PC items, then your membership is indeed functioning.

THe other things are being worked on, the incorrect displays etc.

I would hang on with renewing until we can get some information about this £20.97 which has shown up for a couple of people.
    Maybe it could help to contact Sales, and see if they have any idea, but be aware that there is a bit of a lag in processing Zendesk support tickets, as there are a great number being submitted. THere is also a toll free number that you can call, once the Office opens again on Monday. Daz3D is on Mountain time.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Totally4RyoTotally4Ryo Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info! I'll try to give a call during the week and see what's going on. Meanwhile, I'll take your advice on holding off for now. I just don't want my membership to run out to the point that I'll have to pay the $29 again plus current months. I'll keep checking my account and these boards as well. Thanks again.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Sunfire said:

That's the main reason I stopped using Norton.On the earier versions it would throw up false positive on everything. We even had it throw up something on Photoshop when we were installing it. Same with Poser. It got to a point we couldn't use some of our programs cause every time we opened it it would throw up a virus alert and shut the program down.

Me too, that and the fact that it takes up huge amounts of space and slows things down to a halt at times. I switched to the free version of Avast.

edited June 2012

Gee, I haven't had any issues with Norton! And I just installed new files last night and there was no issue then, either. Those who are having issues, are you using a 64-bit version?

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I use a free version of Norton and it generally does not give me problems.

When should we renew our membership?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Gee, I haven't had any issues with Norton! And I just installed new files last night and there was no issue then, either. Those who are having issues, are you using a 64-bit version?

Dana

Yeah they might have changed things in these latest versions. I haven't used them since 08 cause of all the problems.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yeah they might have changed things in these latest versions. I haven't used them since 08 cause of all the problems.

08 was about four years ago give or take a few months. Things could have changed since then.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm using the 64 bit Anti-virus. I do not use internet security or 360. And this only just started as in, with my first download yesterday. Prior to the stuff I started downloading yesterday it wasn't a problem. In fact my nortons would say a file was safe when windows was going this file may be unsafe as it is an executable.

And it's not doing it on all of them. It accepted the fantasy bath just fine, but didn't like the woodland warrior or its textures and didn't like my genesis to poser cr2 either. I can get nortons to restore it, but it's a pain in the backside. (I would understand nortons throwing a fit over a file that hadn't completely downloaded and was trying to pretend it had, it's done that before and that makes sense because things don't add up.)

I do know that Nortons is aware of it kicking out false positives.

edited December 1969

Is Norton still a resource hog. If not I may consider going back to them since I'm hearing that it isn't kicking up that many false positives anymore.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    DanaTA said:
    Sunfire said:
    So... anyone else find a 10 dollar store credit in their account? I do so hope Daz doesn't want it back...

Oh! Let me go look...

nope! :down:

Dana

*hugs Dana*

me neither :-(

edited December 1969

So Sunfire, did you find a reason for that store credit? Maybe it was for something you returned a while back before the store change. Or maybe for a PC renewal mishap.

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Is Norton still a resource hog. If not I may consider going back to them since I'm hearing that it isn't kicking up that many false positives anymore.

I just run the antivirus and the utilities, and I don't find it to be any more resource intensive than say my outlook, on my win 7 machine. Though I do have 8 meg of memory.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    So Sunfire, did you find a reason for that store credit? Maybe it was for something you returned a while back before the store change. Or maybe for a PC renewal mishap.

Dana

I haven't returned anything in a while... and I haven't, to my knowledge, suffered from any mishaps with my membership... yet *knocks on wood*

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

It doesn't seem too bad on resources, but it does give flase positives with DAZ Studio and plugin installers at the moment. I haven't had an issue with content installers, or downloads.

edited December 1969

Hmm... 10 dollars shows up in my account (though it didn't stay long once I learned of it's presence) I can see the MO forum, I can see the PC pricing... and my subscription says... active.

I wonder if the credit has anything to do with that...

Anyone else showing active yet?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

No. No $10, nothing in the subscriptions. No love...

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

Daz is serving a LOT OF WAFFLES at this party.

edited December 1969

UHF said:
    Daz is serving a LOT OF WAFFLES at this party.

I like waffles. I have a waffle maker somewhere.

Does daz have a 3d model of a waffle?

I am confused by the statement.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Hmm... 10 dollars shows up in my account (though it didn't stay long once I learned of it's presence) I can see the MO forum, I can see the PC pricing... and my subscription says... active.

I wonder if the credit has anything to do with that...

Anyone else showing active yet?

I'm now active, but no $10 :(

edited December 1969

DO we get thrown out of the party if we are now unexpired members.

edited December 1969

Hope not., good party this :)

edited December 1969

I'm still cancelled, and still haven't seen that $10. It would be nice. I let that sale on Evolution Morphs Bundle lapse. Oh, well. Maybe another time. I haven't even installed DS4Pro yet anyway. 8-/

I wish the Smileys window would stay open until you're done with it. Sometimes I want to put more than one smiley...I have to open that window every time, and it's not a quick window, either!

Dana

edited December 1969

I agree, keeping the smiley window open would be a definite improvement :)

edited December 1969

I will be glad if they fix hotlinking, so I can use some of my saved collection of smilies, Really miis the versatility they can give. You can almost carry on a convo with smilies if you collect enough.

edited December 1969

I find it quicker to type tho :)