Wagner Character & Hair for M5 ~commercial~

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Dark and mysterious, a man of great passion. Wagner is a lover, a noble warrior, a rake, and a scoundrel. He can take you from your deepest desires to your most frivolous indulgences... if only you will let him. ;-)

The Wagner Hair and Character Bundle is the complete package. Including both the highly detailed character and the classic ponytail hairstyle, this set will give your renders a whole new feel.

We have offered the Hair and Character up in their own packages if you feel you only want to buy one or the other.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/wagner-for-m5 - character

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/wagner-hair-for-m5 - hair

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/wagner-hair-and-character-bundle - bundle

You can buy them on their own at 30% off, or buy combinations of MM items alongside these to get 50% off.

Enjoy!

Anna, Chrys, Jonathan & Terry

Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Of course, I picked this up right away. (Seriously, it's practically Pavlovian.)

One question, mostly about form and not function: I was wondering if any of Wagner's sliders are supposed to have icons. None of them do. I checked in the data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Male_M3dia\Wagner M5 directory to be sure, and there aren't any icon files there. It is a bit difficult to tell what the sliders are supposed to do without them.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
    edited December 1969

Aw crap. I knew there was something I was meant to do! *smacks forehead* D'oh!!

I apologise, usually all our characters have the slider icons. But they are labelled. Sorry. :red:
    I glad you like the character. We had alot of fun putting this whole set together.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Adding one of the actual renders I did (that's in the bundle promos but not the M5 one), and some slight teases from an addon we're working on. I wanted some body hair added, but it didn't make it in time so we're doing some addition options including some morphs for F5 and the underused D3 shape...

Hairy_Chest_Crop.jpg
    1000 x 1244 - 205K
    D3_Head_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 538K
    M5_Head_03b.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 839K
    Promos13.jpg
    700 x 910 - 215K
    edited March 2013

Adding one of the actual renders I did (that's in the bundle promos but not the M5 one), and some slight teases from an addon we're working on. I wanted some body hair added, but it didn't make it in time so we're doing some addition options including some morphs for F5 and the underused D3 shape...

Ah, that would explain the "no chest hair" options, when "with chest hair" isn't in there.

That said, there seems to be an issue with the file paths on the EHSS version. When I first try to apply the preset "00 Hair Head and NO Chest Hair Default", Studio says it can't find "Runtime/textures/JSGraphics/Wagner/3. Spec/2. Torso/2. Hair/1. No Genitals with Hair/Wagner Torso No Gens Hair Spec.jpg" If I'm understanding the error message, it's saying that's all one long path, instead of several paths. If I tell it to ignore the error message, I *think* it's finding everything but the specular textures, but I'm really not sure at this point. The Daz Studio default shader version seems to work without any issues.

EDIT: OK, it's only not finding THAT particular specular map; it isn't having issues with any of the other files -- or Studio isn't saying so if it is. It's not loading the specular map into the SkinHead section. And it doesn't have the same issue with a missing file with the Bald version, only the one with the painted hair.

The map that Studio is loading into the SkinNeck section is "Wagner Torso No Gens No Body Hair Spec.jpg" -- which is located in the "No Genitals with NO Hair" directory -- and that map clearly has the painted hair, so I'm guessing that's the issue.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

wonderful set !

a lot of bodys, heads and options :o)

i've got the same message as vwrangler but it does'nt seem to alter the render ;o)

edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:
    wonderful set !

a lot of bodys, heads and options :o)

i've got the same message as vwrangler but it does'nt seem to alter the render ;o)

Depends on the lighting, I'm afraid. I tried a setup that had some strong lighting from the side, and the line across the head where the specular map should have been was very noticeable.

Anyway, the bald one is what I'll likely be using most frequently, and that setup is fine.

Below, using primarily Wagner and Benny heads, with a touch of Samuel and Frederick, and half and half with bodies 1 and 2. Set is the 3DC Photostudio, i13 Hot Modern couch (Fabricatored), and some clothing items from DZheng.

(There seems to be an interesting trend lately to rescaling the male characters away from the M5 Phillip default size to something more average. Wagner, P3D Tom, and Deacon, all in the store in the last three days, all come in at 185 cm or less (six feet or shorter, for we non-Metriccer peoples) as opposed to M5's default of 6 foot 5. I only noticed this with Wagner because I had to rescale the couch to keep his feet somewhere near the floor.)

wagner-3dcphotostudio-igphotostudiolights-02.png
    829 x 872 - 1M
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

Ah, that would explain the "no chest hair" options, when "with chest hair" isn't in there.

That said, there seems to be an issue with the file paths on the EHSS version. When I first try to apply the preset "00 Hair Head and NO Chest Hair Default", Studio says it can't find "Runtime/textures/JSGraphics/Wagner/3. Spec/2. Torso/2. Hair/1. No Genitals with Hair/Wagner Torso No Gens Hair Spec.jpg" If I'm understanding the error message, it's saying that's all one long path, instead of several paths. If I tell it to ignore the error message, I *think* it's finding everything but the specular textures, but I'm really not sure at this point. The Daz Studio default shader version seems to work without any issues.

EDIT: OK, it's only not finding THAT particular specular map; it isn't having issues with any of the other files -- or Studio isn't saying so if it is. It's not loading the specular map into the SkinHead section. And it doesn't have the same issue with a missing file with the Bald version, only the one with the painted hair.

The map that Studio is loading into the SkinNeck section is "Wagner Torso No Gens No Body Hair Spec.jpg" -- which is located in the "No Genitals with NO Hair" directory -- and that map clearly has the painted hair, so I'm guessing that's the issue.

Hi there,

I'm sorry about this. I have emailed DAZ the missing texture and the files should be updated asap. I'll letcha all know when it's updated.

We're happy you are enjoying him!

Anna
    xxxx

edited March 2013

vwrangler said:

(There seems to be an interesting trend lately to rescaling the male characters away from the M5 Phillip default size to something more average. Wagner, P3D Tom, and Deacon, all in the store in the last three days, all come in at 185 cm or less (six feet or shorter, for we non-Metriccer peoples) as opposed to M5's default of 6 foot 5. I only noticed this with Wagner because I had to rescale the couch to keep his feet somewhere near the floor.)

Actually each of our male characters since Braxton M5 last year had a shorter scaled character, so actually we were the first that offered scaled characters. The short shapes of Santo M5 are similar in height to the original David 3. ;)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited March 2013

vwrangler said:

Actually each of our male characters since Braxton M5 last year had a shorter scaled character, so actually we were the first that offered scaled characters. The short shapes of Santo M5 are similar in height to the original David 3. ;)

Oh, yes, I know. You were, as far as I know, the only people doing that sort of scaling for the male characters, and it wasn't the default height, just one of the options. (As far as I can tell, Wagner doesn't actually have a default M5-height version; all five body morph presets are coming in at the same 185cm height.)

And then abruptly, within three days, three different vendors do the same thing, including you. It's just a very odd coincidence, I guess.

Though not as odd as the fact that working with these characters has trained us all to think of perfectly average height as somehow a little short!

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

hi

wagner was updated !

thanks a lot !

edited December 1969

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Here he is, great character and hair ;-)

drink_for_queen_cut.jpg
    1006 x 974 - 338K
    edited December 1969

Just a quickie render...

WagnerActive01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 255K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Such a lovely render. We're so pleased you like him. Seeing all these nice renders makes the work all the worth while. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Such a lovely render. We're so pleased you like him. Seeing all these nice renders makes the work all the worth while. :)

As I said to FeralFey, Wagner-Bundle was a nobrainer to buy, great character and hair, perfect for everything from "Fantasy Princes" via "slimy Dennis in the first episode of Midsomer Murders" on to a "Silicon Valley Millionaire with a Linux Tail" ;-)

edited December 1969

Just a quick note that the addon for Wagner is available!

http://www.daz3d.com/wagner-for-m5-f5-character-add-on

M5_Sam_03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 362K