To infinity...and beyond! [Commercial]

Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Just in time for March Madness, Infinite Gardens is a modular garden creator with over 50 props to create your very own backyard scenes. Comes with a pre-made scene, a light set and skydome.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/infinite-gardens

Oh and get 30% off my entire store too ;-)

Post edited by Merlin Studios on

Comments

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

It's beautiful and it's in my cart! I do love these modular creator products, so many possibilities.

I'm just deciding what else from your store will be joining it... not easy when my MM budget is all but gone and I want everything I see there. Lucky I kept a few dollars back just in case your store came on sale. :)

• Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    It's beautiful and it's in my cart! I do love these modular creator products, so many possibilities.

I'm just deciding what else from your store will be joining it... not easy when my MM budget is all but gone and I want everything I see there. Lucky I kept a few dollars back just in case your store came on sale. :)

Thank you, it's very much appreciated! :)

IGHD02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • edited December 1969

It looks beautiful. That grass looks fabulous. Is it transmapped? If it's not transmapped, are there morphs on the grass? For wind or footprints. That's probably a crazy thing to ask, but I thought I would since you are a master at making amazing things in 3D.

Also, is there scenery in the skydome? For example, that rolling hillside in the background, or the trees behind the fence in the image above this post. Are those included in the skydome? And if so, what's the resolution of the skydome?

Lots of questions, I know, but I can think of so many uses for this...

edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    It looks beautiful. That grass looks fabulous. Is it transmapped? If it's not transmapped, are there morphs on the grass? For wind or footprints. That's probably a crazy thing to ask, but I thought I would since you are a master at making amazing things in 3D.

Also, is there scenery in the skydome? For example, that rolling hillside in the background, or the trees behind the fence in the image above this post. Are those included in the skydome? And if so, what's the resolution of the skydome?

Lots of questions, I know, but I can think of so many uses for this...

The grass is fully modelled and no transmaps are used in the grass or flowers for faster rendering. No morphs though I'm afraid :-) the skydome and 360 degree panoramic view are both included as separate props yes, as well as a light set. Can't remember the resolution off hand, I'll look it up in the morning and let you know :-)

• edited December 1969

Great, thanks. I love fully modeled grass and flowers. They tend to look good from all angels. No worries on the morphs - that would probably have to be a separate product all on its own :)

That 360 panoramic view looks fantastic. I can't wait to find out the resolution. I need to do high resolution renders since that's what's required for ebook covers these days, and one high resolution panaromaic view could provide a lot of mileage.

edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    Great, thanks. I love fully modeled grass and flowers. They tend to look good from all angels. No worries on the morphs - that would probably have to be a separate product all on its own :)

That 360 panoramic view looks fantastic. I can't wait to find out the resolution. I need to do high resolution renders since that's what's required for ebook covers these days, and one high resolution panaromaic view could provide a lot of mileage.

The panoramic view is a 13365 x 2490 seamlessly tiled image (taken in Derbyshire, UK) and the skydome is 4000x2000 :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

The grass is fully modelled and no transmaps are used in the grass or flowers for faster rendering. No morphs though I'm afraid :-) the skydome and 360 degree panoramic view are both included as separate props yes, as well as a light set. Can't remember the resolution off hand, I'll look it up in the morning and let you know :-)

I was fighting against having to buy it ...
    now I lost.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I was fighting against having to buy it ...
    now I lost.

You've not lost, you've just called a short time out on winning :)

edited December 1969

*grin*
    I won a garden, two gardens, more gardens!
    ;-)

edited December 1969

I've just noticed there are a load of promos missing from the store page so I've uploaded some of them here :)

IGPromo09.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 264K
    IGPromo08.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 372K
    IGPromo07.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 281K
    edited December 1969
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:

The panoramic view is a 13365 x 2490 seamlessly tiled image (taken in Derbyshire, UK) and the skydome is 4000x2000 :)
    I still find myself regularly using the panoramic supplied with the Church set recently released. They're beautifully done and so flexible. The gorgeous grass combined with the panorama are reasons enough alone for this to go into the cart.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

The dandelion is included as part of that worn grass tile, not as a separate prop.

edited December 1969

I still find myself regularly using the panoramic supplied with the Church set recently released. They're beautifully done and so flexible. The gorgeous grass combined with the panorama are reasons enough alone for this to go into the cart.

I took the The Church panorama in the grounds of Chatsworth House, during the same trip as the pano for the Gardens set :)

edited December 1969

The dandelion is included as part of that worn grass tile, not as a separate prop.

Yippieh! It is there!
    Honestly, as I do have a real garden ... the dandelion is an ultrarealistic accessory for a garden.
    LOL

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

That's a lovely garden but I'm already over budget :-S

The flintlocks went straight into the cart though because I need them for my Les Miserables renders :cheese:

• edited December 1969

sikeus said:

Great! Thanks for taking a look at it. There are so many useful pieces in this set, I'm very excited about it.

edited December 1969

I have to say that the grass looks amazing when rendered out. Having actual geometry really adds a lot of little details which are missing in a lot of other grass props I've used in the past. After throwing a few things together I came up with this. I also put the Garibaldi plugin to work adding hair underneath her bonnet. It's near-impossible to get normal hairstyles to behave with headgear, but with LAMH or Gari you can simply style it to match. Handy.

The great thing about this set is it's entirely modular, so the pieces are useful for any outdoor scenes, not just gardens.

Garden.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 734K
    edited December 1969

I have to say that the grass looks amazing when rendered out. Having actual geometry really adds a lot of little details which are missing in a lot of other grass props I've used in the past. After throwing a few things together I came up with this. I also put the Garibaldi plugin to work adding hair underneath her bonnet. It's near-impossible to get normal hairstyles to behave with headgear, but with LAMH or Gari you can simply style it to match. Handy.

The great thing about this set is it's entirely modular, so the pieces are useful for any outdoor scenes, not just gardens.

Thanks! That's a great render! :) The embossed framing is a nice touch too!

edited December 1969

Thanks. The entire scene had about 1 million polygons, since there's a lot off-camera. I mostly wanted to see how Daz would cope with a large amount of grass. Surprisingly, it seemed to work without much slowdown.

• edited December 1969

I agree about that grass. I love that there are different heights of grass, which gives it added realism as well.

edited December 1969

It always comes down to a trade off between poly count verses texture detail :) I made some stupidly high poly grass initially, rendered the top view out as a texture, then lowered the poly significantly and used the high detail texture for the grass base. Rendered from any angle it didn't look any different to the high poly version :)

edited December 1969

Out of curiosity, how high poly was the original grass?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Love it!

Haven't had time to play with it yet though.

edited December 1969

Out of curiosity, how high poly was the original grass?

I can't remember off hand but it was in the region of 100k+ polys. Using the detailed texture as a base reduced the poly count by over 70% while still keeping the same detail levels.

edited December 1969

My entire store is back on sale today (Friday) for one day only :)

http://www.daz3d.com/merlin-studios

StoreSale.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 596K