4.9.4 Iray Render constantly crashes after a couple renders

Had zero problems with the previous release.  Immediately after installing 4.9.4, the same scene I was previously working on now crashes everytime on the second or third render.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "F:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:000000000AA13645, mi_neuray_factory()+5380309 byte(s)

Is there any way to re-download the previous release?

Comments

• No, if you didn't make a back up (or have an older beta) I'm afraid there isn't. Please report the issue you are having.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited June 2017

Had zero problems with the previous release.  Immediately after installing 4.9.4, the same scene I was previously working on now crashes everytime on the second or third render.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "F:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:000000000AA13645, mi_neuray_factory()+5380309 byte(s)

Is there any way to re-download the previous release?

I've had this happen in previous releases if I had Optix acceration enabled - especially if I kept several previous render images open.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • edited June 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried disabling Optix Prime but there was no difference. I actually was never able to render with Optix enabled without a crash until the previous release when it actually worked for me for the first time. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sometimes it crashes before the render starts, while it is processing the scene, sometimes it crashes during the render, in which case it will actually continue on rendering until I close the Day Studio fatal error window.
    Post edited by zn2501_4b5ee4e0fd on
  • After some more testing, it seems if I render with CPU only I do not have this problem. Unfortunately CPU only rendering is painfully slow. I have an EVGA GTX 980ti and my drivers are updated.
  • durinerduriner Posts: 26

Hi there!

Not sure if it could be your case, but I was having the same problem until today. I enabled Optix (which was disabled by default) and disabled CPU on nVidia settings, leaving only GPU and until now there's been no more crashes.

• edited July 2017
    Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestion. I tried your solution, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. This issue sure is becoming frustrating, constantly having to reload a scene after Daz crashes takes up so much time. :-/
    Post edited by zn2501_4b5ee4e0fd on
  • I don't know if my tests and experiences with the same error message / path can help you.

In my case, the rendering crashed, as you mentioned, before it even really started. Re-starting DAZ or the entire computer did not help.

The last thing I had done in the scene I had worked on and previously rendered in perfectly, was exchanging a surface of two elements in the scene. The surfaces I loaded were Uber-surfaces. From then on, the rendering no longer was possible.

I tried to exchange the surface wih another surface, but that did not work. Then, I threw out and deleted those two elements where I had exchanged the surface before the rendering was no longer possible and the rendering worked perfectly again.

I can't say for sure, but I think the surface crashed the rendering ability, though the surface I had added was an assigned surface for that material.

I hope that helps you with your scenes.

• moticmotic Posts: 3
    edited September 2017

Strange, never had those crashes til 4.9.4 and tried different things but... the trick that so far helped was disabling the cpu, optix still on en still no crash.

Gonna try some more renders i know they crashed before but ... so far so good!!

Thanx for the tip duriner ;O)

Post edited by motic on
  • I use GPU shark to check the gpu usage...  
    Daz is still not releasing video memory unless you close Daz.. 
    so I start with 500 m on the card (monitor usage)... 
    start a render and it runs up to usually just under 4000m during a render and then drops back to around 2500m ... which means if I start another render it will run out of card switch to cpu (without giving a message with the option to cancel the render. 
    ---
    If I don't have a program running that limits Daz it will naturally freeze the computer as Daz's render engine grabs 100% usage on the cpu. (and that means you can't even get a click in to cancel the render. 

• Same here. After  3-5 times rendering a szene, DAZ Studio 4.9.4.122 crashes after having loaded the assets and maps and wants to start rendering with iray. I run Windows 7 pro and 2 GTX 950. I reinstalled the earlier version 4.9.2.70 and it works fine again. I do not have the issue with the new version on my laptop though.

• jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134

i'm having this same problem, but only since update to 4.10

• jstilton said:

i'm having this same problem, but only since update to 4.10

The same for me :( Only with 4.10

• 4.8 and earlier were bullet proof. That's what I liked about it. Most of my issues were fixed with a program shut down / restart. What on earth is going on?!
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878

Im not having this issue with DS 4.10.0.123 on Windows 10 Pro with 2 Zotac 980TI AMP Extremes, using the latest nvidia drivers.

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474
    Mattymanx said:

Im not having this issue with DS 4.10.0.123 on Windows 10 Pro with 2 Zotac 980TI AMP Extremes, using the latest nvidia drivers.

I was ok for a long while using an external 980 TI and an internal 980 TI together in DAZ 4.10.0.123 and all of a sudden I am crashing as of mid February. Updated my drivers everytime a new one came out but Windows 10 no longer acknowledges my external GPU as of mid February. I am using the MSI gold 980 TI.

• FareusFareus Posts: 21
    edited April 2018

I just had the same issue with DAZ Studio 4.10. My first attempt ever to render anything in DAZ3D, crashed immediately every time I tried. I turned off CPU and left it as GPU only and that seemed to work. Using i7-8700k and a NVidia Titan X (Pascal).

Post edited by Fareus on