Looking for more realistic "Furry" character models and skins.

VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

My complaint is not only with the DogWorld and CatWorld skins which put unrealistic tails (if any) and colors on otherwise humanoid models but also with the Lycan series which uses identical heads for both wolf and fox while offering no tail whatsoever. There are also several others which, to put it bluntly, are simply too Toon-y for the imagery I wish to create.

Give me a bipedal fox that actually looks like a fox--even to the digitigrade legs.
Give me a bipedal cougar that actually looks like a cougar--even to the digitigrade legs.
I need male AND FEMALE forms of both of these species types.

(Note: if anyone wishes to contact me privately about commissioning these models, my email is listed.)

Comments

• VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Ok, it seems nobody had any interest in this. However, what I'm looking for is, if not the ability to create the models myself, then somebody to work with me to create several models who are decidedly non-human yet have approximate human form. The Anubis model is too ugly and the Genesis Dog and Cat heads don't meet up to what I need. While I am quite aware of different packages to 'rough in' a number of different species, I would much prefer to pay someone to develop models and textures (skins) that meet my needs. The artwork is to be used for book covers and other very visible sites.

Since it seems "furry" here is either Toonish or Horror, I need something more natural in appearance as though these beings are truly intelligent and walking around in a real world. Please, somebody, help.

• edited December 1969

I think something like Garibaldi or Look at my hair could help with that, to make nice hair anywhere you want and in any format you want?

edited December 1969

I think something like Garibaldi or Look at my hair could help with that, to make nice hair anywhere you want and in any format you want?

I've been looking at that and have it in my "wishlist". However, while I'll need that to help detail the characters, I still need the models themselves. I'm not all that happy trying to plug pieces onto a generic model and say that's 'good enough'.

Feline digitigrade legs don't look the same as vulpine, canine or equine. Making those body types stand upright on those legs tends to twist muscles in interesting ways that most animal model structures don't like and the generic "Anubis" legs and paws just don't look right. Try getting your dog or cat to stand on their hind legs and tell me those Anubis paws look like that.

This is why I'm now asking for a direct artist/creator to help me.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
  • WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Could you plz give us a little taster of your foxy artwork?

edited December 1969

Now see? Why isn't this set accessible directly from the DAZ or Poser web pages?

Love what I see, but still need specific models for my stories. These may be able to offer more 'bits and pieces', but not an homogenous whole.

edited December 1969

Wolpi said:
    Could you plz give us a little taster of your foxy artwork?

I don't have any non-copyrighted 3D imagery of the characters and none of my Pardu species. However, if you look up Rhiann of the Sauk, you will find a number of images online that represent her (a few of them 3D--even online it's hard to protect copyright) and maybe one or two rough representations of Hsaarra of the Pardu. These two and others have definite stories behind them which I am preparing to publish in ebook and graphic novel formats.

• DTAikoDTAiko Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Hello Vulpine,

sorry i have seen this thread not before ^^'

your first Topic is right the Genesis "furrys" are not soo good... not bad is the texture but not the heads. But whats up with "Melody" she is a furry model create out of A3.

i work with both Melody/Micah A3/H3 it is all fine and with a bit time and muse you can create very good Images. ;3

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited May 2013

Hello Vulpine,

sorry i have seen this thread not before ^^'

your first Topic is right the Genesis "furrys" are not soo good... not bad is the texture but not the heads. But whats up with "Melody" she is a furry model create out of A3.

i work with both Melody/Micah A3/H3 it is all fine and with a bit time and muse you can create very good Images. ;3

I'm betting that Melody is going to be too toony for the OP Taste.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • DTAikoDTAiko Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

hmm.. i think it is a question of time and muse. you can Morph melody to a really good looking model. i work with her at FA under my name DTAiko and it works fine. the fact is "furry" is fantasy so it HAS a little bit toon in there ^^'

edited December 1969

hmm.. i think it is a question of time and muse. you can Morph melody to a really good looking model. i work with her at FA under my name DTAiko and it works fine. the fact is "furry" is fantasy so it HAS a little bit toon in there ^^'

Fantasy doesn't need to be toony, all you have to do is look at the Lord of the Rings movies and The Hobbit to see fantasy creatures that look realistic. I really don't believe I'm asking too much and to be quite honest, piecing one together from the myriad of parts currently available would cost at least as much as a custom original model created in Blender, for instance.

To paraphrase 'Bones' McCoy, "I'm a Writer, Jim. Not a sculptor!"

• RakceyenRakceyen Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Im with you on this one. Im looking for the same thing. The best model Ive found so far is Anubis, the rest look more like monsters. Of course, Im looking at wolves and foxes instead of cougars.

edited December 1969

Rakceyen said:
    Im with you on this one. Im looking for the same thing. The best model Ive found so far is Anubis, the rest look more like monsters. Of course, Im looking at wolves and foxes instead of cougars.

Exactly. Anubis' head is too dog-like; doesn't work well for either fox or wolf.

Oh, and I'm looking for both fox and cougar models.