Hexagon + transparency + UV editor?

tomislaawtomislaaw Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello to all!

First, sorry about my confused English, but I hope that you will help to me. :)

1. Is announced some fix version of Hexagon by developers due often crashing to desktop? (I tried to reset preferences, but not helps)
Or you can suggest some 3D program from 3D Daz product that is very similar to this program without crashing?

2. How I can import transparent texture in Hexagaon? I think ... when I create hair mesh (builted by grides) then I make texture with .png format, I want to check how hair texture looks on the mesh without showing of grides or planes?

3. For example, I have a two (separated) meshes & unfold mapped, then if I want to merge points of both meshes together that I can get two parts into 1 mesh. For example, when I use option Weld points and after all, I go on Texture or UV View ... map texture is missed or invisible? How I can return it back? :(

Thank you for answers! :)

Post edited by tomislaaw on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

tomislaaw said:
    Hello to all!
    ... edit ...

2. How I can import transparent texture in Hexagaon? I think ... when I create hair mesh (builted by grides) then I make texture with .png format, I want to check how hair texture looks on the mesh without showing of grides or planes?

After you've have uvmapped the mesh, create a new Shading domain. Then assign the material to include the "texture image" of the hair. You may have to "flip the texture", option is on the same tab.

3. For example, I have a two (separated) meshes & unfold mapped, then if I want to merge points of both meshes together that I can get two parts into 1 mesh. For example, when I use option Weld points and after all, I go on Texture or UV View ... map texture is missed or invisible? How I can return it back? :(

Thank you for answers! :)

Sorry no can do. Welding will make the uvmap go away. Make the final uvmap after "all" the modeling is finished.

Save the project "very often".

Hexagon is an old program which was updated a little to enable the bridge to work between D/S and itself. While many bugs were fixed, a few more were created :-(

Helps to turn the Dynamic Geometry to "no DG".

set_to_none.png
    297 x 185 - 19K
  • tomislaawtomislaaw Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

After you've have uvmapped the mesh, create a new Shading domain. Then assign the material to include the "texture image" of the hair. You may have to "flip the texture", option is on the same tab.

First, thank you very much on answer. :)
    A new Shading domain? Sorry if I'm like as meddler :D, but how I can create Shading domain. When I think on hair texture, I think on alpha channel with hair texture.

If you can explain how make it or suggest some tutorial, I would be very grateful. :)

Sorry no can do. Welding will make the uvmap go away. Make the final uvmap after "all" the modeling is finished.

Save the project "very often".

How a pity, but thank you. So, I can't save UV Map after doing welding. :(

Hexagon is an old program which was updated a little to enable the bridge to work between D/S and itself. While many bugs were fixed, a few more were created :-(

It's very good and easiest 3d program. I think that this program need to be often updated because it's priced. Very lovely program.

Helps to turn the Dynamic Geometry to "no DG".

I do it already together with reseting preferences. If I do not use some options, I can create a long time. :)

Thank you for re-answer. :D

P.S. I figured out for making shading domain. Thank you. :))

Post edited by tomislaaw on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You're welcome, glad you got the Shading domains figured out.

Yes it's a delightful program ... and one many of us do hope gets some more fixes in the future.