Utility to repair damaged Installers Available

Comments

• mtlegacymtlegacy Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

BY JOVE !!!

You're a GOD ! Your fix is perfect and come in a handy :)

Sam from Marseille

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

vlatka said:
    BY JOVE !!!

You're a GOD ! Your fix is perfect and come in a handy :)

Sam from Marseille

I'm glad it was helpful to you.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Just want to add my thanks, Kendall. This is right up there with Runtime Repair in the "utilities I can't live without' list.

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

So have DAZ fix the issue with old files be download and able to run the installer or do we still need to run the utility the customer wrote?

Thanks

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so very much. I thought I would never be able to use these files until I found this Thread and your Utility. It works like a charm. Files are fixed and the installers run without a problem. You are very generous with your time. Thank you and shame on DAZ to rely on their members and customers to supply the fixes for their plunders. I will keep this utility in a very safe place.

Warm regards from Mexico.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

I guess when I run this I put the bad installer as the input, but what do I put as the output?

edited December 1969

I guess when I run this I put the bad installer as the input, but what do I put as the output?

It is the "fixed" installer name. The name cannot currently exist.

See this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/17281/

Kendall

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

I can't seem to get this to work for 14575_ClassicBikini3_1.0_gc. It creates the new file, but that file still won't run. Anybody had any luck with that one?

edited December 1969

I can't seem to get this to work for 14575_ClassicBikini3_1.0_gc. It creates the new file, but that file still won't run. Anybody had any luck with that one?

I don't have this (yet). Could you pull the archive into notepad or wordpad and PM me the last little bit of the file (about 500 bytes or so)?

Kendall

• shyguy275shyguy275 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I've had no joy on this either. I've tried both 64 bit and 32 bit utilities on 14575_ClassicBikini3_1.0_gc. The resulting file size appeared to be unchanged, and none of the versions I have of this file execute including the fixed versions. The other three installer files for Classic Bikini did seem to work for me without having to run the tool.

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

I don't have this (yet). Could you pull the archive into notepad or wordpad and PM me the last little bit of the file (about 500 bytes or so)?

Kendall

Will do.

edited December 1969

As of 28-Jun-2012 my utility no longer works on the downloads. If anyone needs me to update the utility, please PM me and I will. Otherwise, the utility will only work with files downloaded prior to 28-Jun.

Kendall

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

As of 6/25, the Daz exe files I have downloaded no longer have the web server error at the end. If anybody is still getting corrupted downloads, it is likely a different problem. I had one download on 6/25 that would not install (br_sc005_AllContent.exe for Bryce), but downloading it again fixed the problem. Again, I see no more "0AFatal error..." stuff at the end of the files using a hex editor. A great utility, Kendall, but hopefully, its shelf life has officially expired. :lol:

edited December 1969

As of 6/25, the Daz exe files I have downloaded no longer have the web server error at the end. If anybody is still getting corrupted downloads, it is likely a different problem. I had one download on 6/25 that would not install (br_sc005_AllContent.exe for Bryce), but downloading it again fixed the problem. Again, I see no more "0AFatal error..." stuff at the end of the files using a hex editor. A great utility, Kendall, but hopefully, its shelf life has officially expired. :lol:

Tonight, all of the downloads I received had a smaller, but different error at the end. Hopefully, this is a transitory thing.

Kendall

edited June 2012

Tonight, all of the downloads I received had a smaller, but different error at the end. Hopefully, this is a transitory thing.

Kendall

The new downloads I have all have a hex 0A" at the end, but nothing else. I'll try resetting an old generation installer and downloading.

Edit: I reset two old items that had installers that would have shown a problem, but the content has been converted to a zip file. In this case, a good thing is a bad thing, because we can't isolate a problem. :down:

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
    edited December 1969

Kendall

The new downloads I have all have a hex 0A" at the end, but nothing else. I'll try resetting an old generation installer and downloading.

This is at the end of all of the files downloaded this afternoon:

0A 46  61 74 61 6C  20 65 72 72.Fatal err
    6F 72 3A 20  45 78 63 65  70 74 69 6F  6E 20 74 68  or: Exception th
    72 6F 77 6E  20 77 69 74  68 6F 75 74  20 61 20 73  rown without a s
    74 61 63 6B  20 66 72 61  6D 65 20 69  6E 20 55 6E  tack frame in Un
    6B 6E 6F 77  6E 20 6F 6E  20 6C 69 6E  65 20 30 0A  known on line 0.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Good grief! I didn't get that. Well, the error still starts with "0AFatal error: " (0A 46 61 74 61 6C 20 65 72 72 6F 72 3A 20). Looks like that ray of hope was premature. Looks like your magic is still needed.

edited December 1969

Good grief! I didn't get that. Well, the error still starts with "0AFatal error: " (0A 46 61 74 61 6C 20 65 72 72 6F 72 3A 20). Looks like that ray of hope was premature. Looks like your magic is still needed.

I'm hoping that won't be the case. I'll hold off on an update unless someone needs it. Hopefully, DAZ will get it fixed quickly. At least there's only 1 error this time.

Kendall

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

I am going to go ahead and unsticky this thread as there is a link to it in this thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ as well so everyone can easily get to it. Just wanted to let you all know so you didn't wonder how to find it or where the sticky went :)

PS TY Kendall for this utility and for helping with this issue! :) Though I think I told you that before but it never hurts to say it yet again :)

edited December 1969

I am going to go ahead and unsticky this thread as there is a link to it in this thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ as well so everyone can easily get to it. Just wanted to let you all know so you didn't wonder how to find it or where the sticky went :)

PS TY Kendall for this utility and for helping with this issue! :) Though I think I told you that before but it never hurts to say it yet again :)

Considering that the utility is no longer needed, unsticky-ing it is fine by me.

Thanks
    Kendall

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

You said the utility is no longer needed; so this means all the downloads are fixed now?

edited December 1969

You said the utility is no longer needed; so this means all the downloads are fixed now?

Not completely. The error changed on 6/28 and the utility no longer strips it, but no one has contacted me about updating the utility. So, I assume that since no one is having issues worth asking for a fix for, the utility must no longer serve a purpose.

Kendall

edited December 1969

It might not be a lack of interest that you haven't had requests. For example, I hadn't actually tried your utility yet only because I didn't need to use my purchases immediately and figured I could just wait a bit until DAZ gets the issue resolved, then download them then. However I'm starting to wonder how long this will take (days? months? soons?) If this isn't fixed this month either, I'd give your utility a try.

edited December 1969

I don't intend to remove the utility from my site for quite some time, so for those files downloaded prior to 6/28 it'll probably continue to fix the problem. For files downloaded after that date until the complete fix, I'll have to write an update if I get any interest.

Kendall

edited July 2012

OK Folks!

I have updated the Mac version of the download utility. Windows will come a little later this evening (I hope).

By popular demand, this new version appends “-fixed” to the archive name before the extension.

EDIT: WIN32 and 64 versions uploaded.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Nolamom3507Nolamom3507 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I have downloaded your utility (thank you) but I don't quite understand how to use it. What do I put in the Input File and Output File? Yes, I'm pretty hopeless...

edited December 1969

I have downloaded your utility (thank you) but I don't quite understand how to use it. What do I put in the Input File and Output File? Yes, I'm pretty hopeless...

If you're using Windows make sure that you download the archive named newFixDaz.zip

Once you extract the version you want (32 or 64 bit), run it. Click on "Browse" next to the input area and select the downloaded installer that is having problems. The utility will automatically fill in the output. Click on "Go". If the error is one of the supported errors that can be fixed you will see "Done." You should now have a version of the installer in the same location as the original with a "-fixed" in the name. If you see any other message, then you have a different problem and will probably need to "reset" and "redownload" the installer.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I tried running FixDaz32.exe on the re-downloaded IM00004019_daedalus-sky-mercenary-for-m3.zip, but get the message "No error found in a reasonable space. Assuming no problems." I'm guessing this .zip is corrupted in a different way and not fixable by this utility?

Extract All on the .zip in Windows XP gives me "Unexpected end of file.", and in Windows 7 it gives me "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
    !!!VIS.pz2
    Type: PZ2 File
    Date modified: 1/25/2006 1:40 PM
    Size: 0 bytes
    "

edited December 1969

I tried running FixDaz32.exe on the re-downloaded IM00004019_daedalus-sky-mercenary-for-m3.zip, but get the message "No error found in a reasonable space. Assuming no problems." I'm guessing this .zip is corrupted in a different way and not fixable by this utility?

Extract All on the .zip in Windows XP gives me "Unexpected end of file.", and in Windows 7 it gives me "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
    !!!VIS.pz2
    Type: PZ2 File
    Date modified: 1/25/2006 1:40 PM
    Size: 0 bytes
    "

Your download most likely got cropped. My utility can't help with that :-)

Kendall

• BraincellsBraincells Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

New versions available for download. Handles new problems for those in need.
    Kendall

...Just wanted to say thanks on behalf of the MAC users, too.