The PC 'Expired members' party thread

Comments

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Dana, use the 800 number at the bottom and call sales to get it fixed.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Dana, use the 800 number at the bottom and call sales to get it fixed.

Thanks, Sunfire! If it persists tomorrow I might do that, if I'm around.

Dana

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

just checking in here... things weren't going too badly for me, except for constantly having to re-log-in to the member's only forum, but now i'm seeing that my annual subscription has "expired" suddenly, even though it's supposed to be good through october. I think they're "working on it". then i got the pc-coupon, and it worked, but now i'm having that whole "not so-and-so?" thing again, even though i've cleared everything a dozen times or more....
    sigh.
    i'm trying to be zen about it all, there's so much unhappiness clouding the forums these days, it makes me sad....

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Is everyone here still 'expired' I am :(

edited December 1969

Yes I'm still expired.

edited December 1969

I'm still cancelled. Well, actually I'm Canceled. It seems either is an acceptable spelling. But neither is an acceptable status! >:(

The site is really slow right now...it even timed out on a couple of pages. I guess they're working on it again.

Dana

edited December 1969

yh, the forums are really slow too :)

edited December 1969

Oh good I'm not the only one with slow loading of pages here.

Maybe DAZ hit a bandwidth cap and someone is throttling their connection now? *scratches head*

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2012

It's been very, very, very slow over here for the last day or so. Only had a page timeout on me a couple of times, but it is sometimes taking something like 10-30 seconds to open most new store and forum pages. Occasionally a lot longer. Once the page does start, though, it zips in at close to its usual speed, so I doubt if it's anything like a bandwidth cap. Maybe just very slow initial processing of page requests?

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THey have been doing some work on things. Seems to have recovered now.

edited December 1969

forum still slow tho for me.

edited December 1969

Well we are told that they are working on all sorts of things at the moment. I think they are chasing the Magento guys around with whips, to keep their noses to the grindstone.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well we are told that they are working on all sorts of things at the moment. I think they are chasing the Magento guys around with whips, to keep their noses to the grindstone.

we can only hope :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I'm still cancelled. Well, actually I'm Canceled. It seems either is an acceptable spelling. But neither is an acceptable status! >:(

The site is really slow right now...it even timed out on a couple of pages. I guess they're working on it again.

Dana

You're also still a member of the PC, at least according to your forum profile. I think whether you have the PC in your profile, and whether you can access the PC features of the forum and store, is a better guide than the Subscriptions page right now :(

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

You're also still a member of the PC, at least according to your forum profile. I think whether you have the PC in your profile, and whether you can access the PC features of the forum and store, is a better guide than the Subscriptions page right now :(

I pay more attention to my renewal date, and whether or not I get the PC prices.

• edited June 2012

Joining the expired club. Not seeing too much of a party in here at the moment. I thought everyone would be sharing food and drink.

Oh well. Sets out some glasses and ice tea, some buffalo hot chicken wings and lots of napkins for the stragglers like myself who wander in. Enjoy. :)

Post edited by i-luv-2-read_99e6eb2b4f on
    edited December 1969

Oh, I love buffalo wings! Hasn't been a lot to party about lately. For me, anyway.

Dana

edited December 1969

we're all still here, us expiree's, thanks for the drink and snacks :)

edited December 1969

Well we have some cookies and some delicious welsh cakes and assorted other drinks, but yeah the intial party atmosphere has turned more into a waiting room... Not sure what we're waiting for... probably the surgery on the site to be successful.;-)

edited December 1969

I hope the doctor doesn't come out with a sad look on his face. :blank:

Dana

edited December 1969

wonder if i will still be expired on my renewal date of march 2013, tho i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Dec 2012 ;-)

edited December 1969

Well the good news is that we are assured by Daz that the PC membership issue is classed as a number one priority to get fixed..

Hmm, bein there is all the convo in another thread about people getting their cats fixed, maybe I should say that Daz is working towards solving the problem, as a priority, wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea :)

I have to agree with someone in the other thread I mentioned, as regards cats, why do they say that they are getting them fixed

funny-pictures-cat-wonders-if-he-is-broken.jpg
    430 x 475 - 31K
    edited December 1969

So... anyone else find a 10 dollar store credit in their account? I do so hope Daz doesn't want it back...

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    So... anyone else find a 10 dollar store credit in their account? I do so hope Daz doesn't want it back...

Oh! Let me go look...

nope! :down:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Sunfire said:

Oh! Let me go look...

nope! :down:

Dana
    *hugs Dana*

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

*opens door, throws in boxes of cookies and closes door again ... * :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well the good news is that we are assured by Daz that the PC membership issue is classed as a number one priority to get fixed..

Hmm, bein there is all the convo in another thread about people getting their cats fixed, maybe I should say that Daz is working towards solving the problem, as a priority, wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea :)

I have to agree with someone in the other thread I mentioned, as regards cats, why do they say that they are getting them fixed

Cute picture.

edited December 1969

I don't suppose someone could tell DAZ to contact Nortons and find some way to keep Norton anti-virus from finding WS.Reputation.1 in all my DAZ downloads? This is only a recent occurence for me as I downloaded the last freebie without problem.

edited December 1969

Can't you, as a user of Norton's product, report it as a safe file? I thought that was something that can be done, and would be more respected than the creator of the file telling them it's safe. I have Norton on my computers at home, but it's a version that is free via Comcast. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's a pared down version at all. I really enjoy the Identity Safe. I like that it cleans up spurious registry records and temporary files (both Internet and file system temps). I haven't explored the back up capabilities yet.

I don't know if it's the same version you have. I have not had an issue with a file from DAZ3D being blocked as far as I can remember. And I just got the latest freebie recently, too. I think I had one file that was reported as malicious, but it let me ignore it and then I reported it as a safe file. That was several years ago, though.

Dana

edited December 1969

If I report it as a potentially safe file they will want a copy of the file. It takes me long enough to just download them. Then to have to send a copy to nortons. *shudders*