Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

1272830323379

Comments

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937

    Thanks Headwax and UB. I am playing around with combinations of FotoSketcher and Filter Forge - can get some nice results.

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Continuing the Ancient Egypt theme.

     

    Pharoh 1 Topaz_FotoSketcher Watercolor5 FiltForgChinaware 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Anubis

     

    Anubis 1b Topaz_FotoSketcher Pencil1 FiltForgOldBook 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Mistys Janette G3F with RawArt Lekullion G3F morph and V4 Coral Snake skin.

     

    G3F Lekkulion 1 Topaz_FotoSketcher Watercolor5 FilForgWater 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Siesta time

     

    Siesta 1 Topaz_FotoSketcher Pencil4 FiltForgOldBookIll 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Steps to ponder

     

    Ponder Steps 1 Topaz_FotoSketcher Paint3 FiltForgChina 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 9,599

    Really enjoying your renders, Bunyip.  I have a question about Siesta Time.   Are both Fotosketcher and Filter Forge both part of the workflow for that image?  Or just one or the other?  

  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,564

    Nice renders, Bunyip02! What the beautiful place is on your last picture?

  • Diomede said:

    Really enjoying your renders, Bunyip.  I have a question about Siesta Time.   Are both Fotosketcher and Filter Forge both part of the workflow for that image?  Or just one or the other?  

    Ditto, same question. smiley

  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,564
    edited September 2017

    Playing with Filter Forge.

    Doctor_sunset03.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 5M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    Diomede said:

    Really enjoying your renders, Bunyip.  I have a question about Siesta Time.   Are both Fotosketcher and Filter Forge both part of the workflow for that image?  Or just one or the other?  

    Hello Diomede and UB

    Base of the picture in PSP was FotoSketcher using the Pencil sketch 4 filter, then a Filter Forge - Old Book Illustrator filter image was overlaid with transperancy adjusted to about 45%.

    Glad you are enjoying the renders as I am having fun experimenting with the different effects.

    Regards, Bunyip

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    Vyusur said:

    Nice renders, Bunyip02! What the beautiful place is on your last picture?

    Hello Vyusur

    Its Stonemason's The Path to Cloud Temple - https://www.daz3d.com/the-path-to-cloud-temple

    Your render is great as well.

    Regards, Bunyip

  • THIS ISNT MINE, I FOUND IT IN ANOTHER THREAD BY De3AN and thought it was worthwhile pointing out

     

    mindsong said:

    brilliant image! I love the style/result!

    bravo!

    ms

    Thanks! I found the style difficult to achieve.

     

    head wax said:

    de3an nice work , great to see people taking this approach,

    Thanks Andrew. I saw some similar work recently and thought I'd give it a try.

     

    Lotharen said:

    This is really cool. How did you achieve that effect?

     

    DUDU said:

    DE2AN, really cool and interresting render, what's the process ?

    Well, I was afraid someone was going to ask that. frownwink

    I tried lots of settings before I found some that gave me the results I was looking for. It doesn't always produce good results with all subject matter. The best I can do is list the settings that produced this particular result. You could use them as a starting point for your own experiments.

    The character is the original Poser version of “the Girl”.
    Replace all shaders (except the eyes) with almost-black.
    Make two renders; Photorealistic, and NPR.

    Photorealistic settings:
    Remove the default light.
    Set scene Ambient light to 450%
    Set background color to white.
    Set Indirect Light to 142%
    Set Occlusion Radius to 20ft.

    NPR settings:
    Choose only “Outline”.
    Thickness=10%
    Length=208%

    Combine the two renders in Photoshop layers with the Multiply option.

    See the attached settings images:

     

    Quote

    image

    image

    Shader settings.png

    652 x 459 - 98K

    image

    image

    Ambient-Background settings.png

    238 x 167 - 20K

    image

    image

    GI settings.png

    235 x 286 - 35K

    image

    image

    NPR settings.png

    238 x 286 - 33K

     

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937

    Using same process as de3an, except I left the shaders as normal.

  • good stuff and quick as a flash!!!

    I'll try and have a play with that on the morrow - been working full time which sucks

  • Headwax_CarraraHeadwax_Carrara Posts: 7,748
    edited November 2017

    Here's that same method but with ordinary textures and the lighting settings tweaked. I also added a garoud render and made it b and w-  Plus fotosketcher of course ;)

     

     

     

    hugo1.jpg
    975 x 1370 - 722K
    Post edited by Headwax_Carrara on
  • Vyusur said:

    Playing with Filter Forge.

    Hya Veronica, as I said in the other thread - that works really well. The textures are just right.

     

  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,564

    Thank you once again, Andrew!

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    head wax said:

    Here's that same method but with ordinary textures and the lighting settings tweaked. I also added a garoud render and made it b and w-  Plus fotosketcher of course ;)

     

     

    Headwax the combination looks like a great effect.

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Snow Dragon & Snow Elf.

    Dragon Snow 1b Topaz FiltForgOldBookIll FotSkPencil4 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,564
    edited September 2017
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

    Nice renders, Bunyip02! What the beautiful place is on your last picture?

    Hello Vyusur

    Its Stonemason's The Path to Cloud Temple - https://www.daz3d.com/the-path-to-cloud-temple

    Your render is great as well.

    Regards, Bunyip

    Thank you, Bunyip

    BTW, nice crisp style on ice dragon picture.

    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 9,599
    edited September 2017

    Excellent work, folks.  I was just playing with the Horse2.  I created a mane and tail with dynamic hair.  I then used the volume pass to combine the hair from the photoreal render with toon and npr renders, and took the result to filter forge.

    .

     

     

    horse rider griffel filter.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • That is pretty extraordinary, Diomede!  Nice composition, and a winning combination of filters.

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937

    That is pretty extraordinary, Diomede!  Nice composition, and a winning combination of filters.

    +1 yes

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    edited September 2017

    Fantasia

    Fantasia 1 Topaz_FotoSkOil FiltForgOil 1200.png
    1200 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,933

    Beautiful character and great painted effect!

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

    Nice renders, Bunyip02! What the beautiful place is on your last picture?

    Hello Vyusur

    Its Stonemason's The Path to Cloud Temple - https://www.daz3d.com/the-path-to-cloud-temple

    Your render is great as well.

    Regards, Bunyip

    Thank you, Bunyip

    BTW, nice crisp style on ice dragon picture.

    Thanks Vyusur

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 2,937
    PhilW said:

    Beautiful character and great painted effect!

    Thanks Phil

  • Diomede said:

    Excellent work, folks.  I was just playing with the Horse2.  I created a mane and tail with dynamic hair.  I then used the volume pass to combine the hair from the photoreal render with toon and npr renders, and took the result to filter forge.

    .

    really interesting effect - like an underinked woodcut block - would never guess it was digital

    Diomede said:

     

     

     

  • Bunyip02 said:

    Snow Dragon & Snow Elf.

     

    the mountains in this are double wow. Reminds me of some of Maxfield Parrish's work.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.