agent unawares' HDR

agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
edited October 2017 in Freebies

I'm going to dump HDR files in here after I create them. They're not going to be perfect, but they're free and true HDR.

EDIT: Not doing freebie launch or support here as DAZ has deemed my existence "offensive to certain sections of the community." Please feel free to contact me on DA.

Post edited by agent unawares on

Comments

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

Thanks Agent!  Very generous of you, and appreciated.

I really like the bottom left image.  It caught my eye right off, and I spent a little time trying to recreate it.  I didn't have much success.  Care to elaborate on settings, please?  I tried using Terra Dome 3 for the background, a figure in the foreground, and your HRD image as the environment.  Couldn't manage to get the backlighting effect to look the same.

• dHandle said:

Thanks Agent!  Very generous of you, and appreciated.

I really like the bottom left image.  It caught my eye right off, and I spent a little time trying to recreate it.  I didn't have much success.  Care to elaborate on settings, please?  I tried using Terra Dome 3 for the background, a figure in the foreground, and your HRD image as the environment.  Couldn't manage to get the backlighting effect to look the same.

For all HDRs I set Environment Map to 1 (I do not understand why default starts at 2 strength but maybe works well in conjunction with other light sets or something). For the render you are interested in I think the Exposure Value was at 15. This simulates a faster shutter speed which you will need so that you can see details in the clouds near the sun. At default exposure they are very blown out and bright near the sunset. The dome will need rotation but that depends on your camera placement of course. I have Draw Dome on and just a ground object. I don't know how latest TerraDome works but if it has a skydome that might need to be turned off.

Figure shaders were M8 skin with Anagenessis 2 settings and some replacement of maps with the M8 equivalents instead of using diffuse only like that shader set does.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited September 2017

Thanks Agent!  I did a quick test with your recommended settings, and got a good start.  Only took about 10 minutes.  Needs work, but I can tweak it from here.  I probably didn't pick the best figure to test...not enough reflective material.  Too much black.

Still it's a good start!  I will be looking forward to your next test HDRs.  Thanks!

NightGuard1.jpg
    900 x 506 - 219K
    Post edited by dHandle on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited October 2017

EDIT: Not doing freebie launch or support here as DAZ has deemed my existence "offensive to certain sections of the community." Please feel free to contact me on DA.

• dHandle said:

Thanks Agent!  I did a quick test with your recommended settings, and got a good start.  Only took about 10 minutes.  Needs work, but I can tweak it from here.  I probably didn't pick the best figure to test...not enough reflective material.  Too much black.

Still it's a good start!  I will be looking forward to your next test HDRs.  Thanks!

If you were to take a picture exposed to make the sun appear as it does in this image, the character and ground would indeed be black. Leacving the scene as is, you might try rendering out a 32-bit canvas (beauty pass) and then doing some HDR processing (tonemapping) on the image outside of DS, as local/dynamic adaption is not possible in DS.

- Greg

• If anyone is interested in creating thier own HDR's. In Daz studio you can render 2:1 spherecal with over 4000x2000 in size and render in different exposures. Adobe Photoshop CS6 and above has a HDR creation tool that lets you combine different exposures to create HDR images but if said images are in spherecal format you now have HDR domes. Just make sure you save daz sphere renders in tiff not jpg to keep light info and no compression artifacts.

• thank you very much for this...i´m very grateful!

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited October 2017

• Nice thanks.

• olymposolympos Posts: 27

I downloaded all three of the HDR sets, agent.  And fell in love with your toga, too.  (seriously cool)  Thanks so much!

• Thank you!

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

That is a fine setting and I will use it for this month newbie contest :)

• daybird said:

Thank you! I will be glad to see anything that you make.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited October 2017
    daybird said:

My entry in this month newbie contest "atmosphere". THX again for this great set.smiley

Post edited by daybird on
  • daybird said:
    daybird said:

My entry in this month newbie contest "atmosphere". THX again for this great set.smiley

It looks really great! Love the lens flare.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I used one of your skies in this render.

The Crow Queen

Click on image for full size.

• Fishtales said:

I used one of your skies in this render.

The Crow Queen

Click on image for full size.

That looks awesome!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm really looking forward to these! Thank you so much! :D

I guess I missed the drama? What happened with the "offensive to certain sections of the community." Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it. I'm sorry you're having troubles. :(