Chimpanzee for Genesis

edited August 2012 in Product Suggestions

Anybody have any news of chimpanzee for genesis (shape and character). please let me know.

Post edited by naga.ngl_2d1abfae40 on

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

I would like to see this as well. Would be cool to dress one up in Genesis wardrobes. There is a chimp head morph in the Genesis Creature Creator Head Morphs, but no corresponding body morph or texture. I would definitely buy such a product (these would need to be realistic, not toony), along with a monkey character with geo-grafted tail, orangutan, baboon, etc.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Pic 1: DAZ Chimp in forground, DAZ Genesis Chimp Head in background. What I am working on... the right.

MonkeyBusiness2.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 397K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Pic 1: DAZ Chimp in forground, DAZ Genesis Chimp Head in background. What I am working on... the right.

OOO...body and texture next? Wantz!
    edited December 1969

Body is done except for the feet. Working on those next then the texure. I have actually been getting by with the texture from Valandar's Bugbear for the time being. *chuckle* Hey, it works.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

How realistic are you making this? Obviously I don't expect real looking hair we can do that with either plug-in in Daz Studio. Supplying a desity map for the hair might be a good selling point too. Just a thought. :)

edited December 1969

My thought was to make a basic map with a shader but also possibly working for something with LAMH on a body suit of sorts.

Now that the LAMH player is free, that would open some options.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My advice is make a density map so both plug-ins can use it. I have Garibaldi and not LAMH and I don't intend on having both and I dare say I won't be alone. :) It was only a suggestion what you do and provide is obviously up to you. I am just glad a chimp is being made....finally.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Please RKane put a better texture on the poor DAZ Chimp !!
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55983/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/New-Textures-for-the-DAZ-Chimp-Part-3

edited December 1969

I don't suppose you could work something up for Genesis Chimpanzee? :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Ummmm I'd have to have some better photo's to work with,cause the things I had to do to get better textures for the DAZ chimp weren't fun at all,but I felt so sorry for the poor fughly thing .......but that being said I could try if you want me to.