Welcome to the March Freebie Challenge: "March Madness Mix-Up"

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

A flea market...now there's a mad world if ever I saw one! Great job! So many things in there! :bug:

Dana

Thanks, Dana. An opportunity to use some stuff I wanted to use. (I love Lynne's chickens.)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Yes, Lyne has some really nice freebies, doesn't she?

Dana

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

HEADS UP FOLKS!!

Mini-contest time.

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day (Sunday); let's see some Irish pin-ups. There are 2 requirements: 1. the pin-up has to be wearing something green; and 2. there has to be shamrocks in the image.

You have until Monday midnight DAZ time and the winner receives a $5 DAZ gift card.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    HEADS UP FOLKS!!

Mini-contest time.

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day (Sunday); let's see some Irish pin-ups. There are 2 requirements: 1. the pin-up has to be wearing something green; and 2. there has to be shamrocks in the image.

You have until Monday midnight DAZ time and the winner receives a $5 DAZ gift card.

Make that two $5 gift cards for the winner. I so want to see this.
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

do you require freebies, any paid items allowed? are links required?

edited March 2013

No links required. Free or Paid for. Anything goes just as long as the two requirements are met.

You could have the troll in a green tutu posing & it will be accepted (although not necessarily win).

Post edited by BWSman on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hey, I'm wearin' green...I'm drinkin' green...hell, I'm even...naw, I ain't even gonna go dere...

Real_Man_Beer.jpg
    525 x 700 - 329K
    edited December 1969

Hey, I'm wearin' green...I'm drinkin' green...hell, I'm even...naw, I ain't even gonna go dere...

:bug: :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

Well, that's going to turn me off green beer :lol:
    edited December 1969

maybe not the greatest, but it's a whole lot easier than my pull

|:| Kiss Me! I'm an Irish banshee |:|

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

banshee.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 341K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh Might make something in the evening ( my evening, which is your morning) .. darn.. again I've lost notification for the forum.
    And hey LG nice to see Da Ral Man again !

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If you're going to Londonderry,
    be sure to wear a shamrock in your hair...

The girl is "Bay" for V4, by Imaginary House on Renderosity
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/bay/98006

The hair is a freebie - Studio Maya's "Short Layerd Hair":
    http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/wig1/wig01.html

The shamrock is a freebie:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=71000

The outfit is "Dawn for Victoria 4," from Poser World.
    http://poserworld.com/Poser.Clothes/Victoria.4/10939/Dawn.for.Victoria.4.aspx

The glasses... I don't remember where I got those glasses from. (The scene editor says they're called "Glasses_1" and I made the rims 0% opaque before rendering them, on the off-chance that helps anyone identify them.)

The green tint/colours to the shamrock, outfit, and glasses were applied on the Surfaces tab.

Her pose is a freebie - #10 in "V4 - Assorted poses" by just_last_knight - although I gave her a bit of a smile (just a bit!) in addition.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/54616/View/11/Poser/V4---Assorted-poses

Everything else is the old Daz Environment

(Larger version here: http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/renders/hillside_pinup.png )

hillside_pinup_smaller.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 450K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not quite your usual leprechaun

irish_pinup_2a.jpg
    675 x 900 - 315K
    edited December 1969

OK, we got a few more nice entries for the min-contest. You still have another day and I'm not asking for a lot here.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

well damn those leprechauns anyway.... My computer crashed this morning, well not actually crashed, but I woke up to 35 Trojans attacking my computer, lost internet, then ..... so I had to get the the old main disk out and redo the hard drive, bye bye everything. I was able to backup important files but not using my Nero, it crashed 2nd. too 8 hours, but I'm back. wanted to do the mini contest but not now, I just got poser up, nothing in it. DANG LEPRECHAUNS

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

She is so cute Cho!
    Sorry to hear about your trojans, oh I mean Leperchauns.
    BW here is my entry for the mini contest.

A Little Bit Irish

A_LittleBitIrish.jpg
    800 x 800 - 445K
    edited December 1969

Lots o' green in here lately! ;-P

Dana

edited December 1969

sorry to hear about your computer woes. I hope you get everything sorted out.

edited December 1969

question... my image is so large that I am forced to render it as two separate layers that I will then have to combine using psp... I know the rule says no postwork so the image layers will definitely be simply overlaid at 100% Normal... my question is, you know how rendering a png creates the white artefacts around the layered foreground items, am I allowed to soften those edges or do I have to submit the image leaving those artefacts? also, do you require me to show the two original renders or is just the final image enough?

edited December 1969

Chohole... I really like your image!

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited March 2013

Mini Contest entry.

OH Crap!!!

shamrocks.jpg
    2000 x 1311 - 1M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
    edited December 1969

Mini Contest entry.

OH Crap!!!

That'll ruin the mood! :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

Look in the cockpit windows. :) :)

When it's done, I'll be putting a bigger version on my DA page.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What a gorgoues minicontest entries.. like anyone can resist rendering half naked vikies :D

Jepeerz.. ouch, hope you will get everything up and running without any additional stress ( and costs) them coputers tned to be very mean sometimes ( eventually try, maybe he just wants someof your green beer lol) :)

edited December 1969

OK, I see the guy who's smiling, and I see the guy with his hands up in the air. What am I missing?

Dana

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    question... my image is so large that I am forced to render it as two separate layers that I will then have to combine using psp... I know the rule says no postwork so the image layers will definitely be simply overlaid at 100% Normal... my question is, you know how rendering a png creates the white artefacts around the layered foreground items, am I allowed to soften those edges or do I have to submit the image leaving those artefacts? also, do you require me to show the two original renders or is just the final image enough?
    To reduce the white jaggedness try changing the background colour to approximately match your background. Also I personally don't consider removing such artifacts as postwork (or rather as necessary postwork); so I will allow you to do that.
    edited March 2013

DanaTA said:

OK, I see the guy who's smiling, and I see the guy with his hands up in the air. What am I missing?

Dana
    Better view.
    NAE.

sham-face.jpg
    979 x 979 - 368K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

thanks everyone about your concerns. UnFortunately it was Trojans and viruses, but I know how to wipe a hard drive. took care of it quick. got my stuff backed up, the most important was pixs of the grandson and Christmas that I had taken off my camera for more room and hadn't put on disk yet. scared me when I couldn't open up a browser, then I went to back up with Nero and it wouldn't open. Thank goodness for windows 7 and I backup up files by whatever the program that comes with windows is cuz my Nero wouldn't open either. before the domino effect took over I got what I needed and dumped what I could still get, which reminds me I need to go reset my March madness stuff I purchased here at DAZ, Great mini contest renders, looks like I wouldn't have come close anyway.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Better view.
    NAE.Jealous ex-girlfriend/boyfriend?
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Zawarkal, What I learned to do and it works really well is to set the background to black and render to a tif file. When you bring the tif into the image program select the scene portion by using the alpha channel.