Mystery Van

lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

I've put up a model of a van for your medding kids over at ShareCG.com. Enjoy!

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88075/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Jinkies%21

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

nice heart

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

That looks great!  Thanx!  smiley

• Dofin1Dofin1 Posts: 3

WOW thank you

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

un-freakin-believable!

I love it!

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2017

I love "doo" stuff and thisone is really nice.

groovey.jpg
    600 x 197 - 70K
    Post edited by Ikyoto on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Nice!

yes

Stupid question.  If someone (on their own) modified the textures, in order to take off the 'Mystery Machine' related logos, colors and such, and just wanted to use the van itself with a new paint scheme (peace symbol, tye dye color scheme, etc.), would commercial use be acceptable at tha point?

I.E..is the non commercial thing primarily for associated copyright issues with the MM?   Not to repackage of course!

It looks like a nice van to begin with, and would be great for 'Woodstock/Summer of Love' type settings.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

or a chartuese microbus

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

We had some folk that drove a real replica to this monthly antique auto parade that come to town every weekend in the summer.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

I.E..is the non commercial thing primarily for associated copyright issues with the MM?   Not to repackage of course!

It looks like a nice van to begin with, and would be great for 'Woodstock/Summer of Love' type settings.

Absolutely fine with me. I just don't want to step on Hanna Barbara's copyrights. I was actually thinking of doing a texture set for a Plumbing / Police surveillance van. But, if anyone wants to reskin the model with their own textures, or do an Iray set, have at it. I'll give you the UV maps.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    lexbaird said:

Absolutely fine with me. I just don't want to step on Hanna Barbara's copyrights. I was actually thinking of doing a texture set for a Plumbing / Police surveillance van. But, if anyone wants to reskin the model with their own textures, or do an Iray set, have at it. I'll give you the UV maps.

Thanks!  A plumbing and/or police version would be awesome if you decide to follow up on that!

Those would probably be right at home in an Inspector Clouseau style parody!  And a number of others too!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited May 2017

Thank You very much, it looks great :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • lexbaird said:

UV Maps would be most welcome for this freebie. I have a hunch a LOT of people are going to want to make some customized textures for this excellent van. 

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited May 2017
    Post edited by lexbaird on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798

Thanks for this yes

ShagnScooby.jpg
    800 x 600 - 513K
  • ChameoChameo Posts: 306

OMG! My grandaughter is going to _love_ it when I put -her- in the Mystery Van! Thank you so much!!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699

I was thinks by this could make a great van with new textures to remove the mystery part but make it into a random old van for you no love to blossom I think 

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Very Scoobie-Doo... Love it :) Thank you for the share...

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Kewl...  Muchas Gracias

• Darkwolf92Darkwolf92 Posts: 130

This is AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!!

• StingerStinger Posts: 296
    edited August 2017

This is super-awesome!  Thank you!  And the 'GOODWITCH RADIALS' are a nice touch!

Post edited by Stinger on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Nice Van Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

• Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

Thank you so much!

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2017

I'd like to ask, are there any cosplay hair and outfits for Velma, Daphne, Fred and Shaggy I can download for free?  I especially would prefer Daphne and Velma for Victoria 4 and Genesis 3 Female, and the boys for Genesis 3 Male.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'd like to ask, are there any cosplay hair and outfits for Velma, Daphne, Fred and Shaggy I can download for free?  I especially would prefer Daphne and Velma for Victoria 4 and Genesis 3 Female, and the boys for Genesis 3 Male.

Not for free, but there is a "Velma" type outfit for sale in the Daz shop

https://www.daz3d.com/the-mystery-solver-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

edited September 2017
    AllenArt said:

Not for free, but there is a "Velma" type outfit for sale in the Daz shop

https://www.daz3d.com/the-mystery-solver-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

I have to admit, this version of Velma is far better than the cartoon version.

I have recently developed a sudden kick for Scooby-Doo as of lately.  I have downloaded many cartoon episodes in the last two weeks, but I will only download episodes if they have at least Daphne in them.  I hope free cosplay versions of Daphne, Fred and Shaggy see the light of day someday.

edited September 2017

Just bought the Velma-like outfit.  I really couldn't resist, even though I am normally not that big a fan of Velma, but this version looks way better than in the cartoon series.

If there are no cosplay versions of Daphne, Fred and Shaggy, I can gladly create the outfits in Blender, but only for personal use.

edited September 2017

Lexbaird, H-B no longer exists.  It merged with another co. in 2001.

I have posted on Renderosity about a hairstyle with close resemblence to Daphne (not necessarily red hair, just the hairstyle is fine) earlier this evening.  Worst case scenario, I may create one in Blender by the weekend.

• Showing off my latest render in pwToon:

The hairstyle is as close to Velma I can get.

• Lexbaird, H-B no longer exists.  It merged with another co. in 2001.

Well, I'm sure the new company owns the intellectual property rights to the characters. Anyway, as long as it's all for fan art, and no one is trying to profit from this model, it should be "fair use". Otherwise, I'd just change it to "The Conundrum Contraption" and call it parody.

There's a couple good Velma hairstyles, but I've not been able to find a good Daphne one, with a hairband. I've kitbashed some outfits for the Gang, and made a cartoonish morph for Scooby, but I wish Daz would give us a new dog model. MilDog is a bit outdated, especially in the textures.

• This is the best I can find regarding a hairstyle for Daphne, complete with hairband:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hr-143/108487

Lex, I think you should consider releasing your outfits for us to use.  If you have a Daphne outfit for Victoria 4, that would be great.