Parka Fur Trimmed

IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
edited August 2017 in Product Suggestions

I offer a suggestion because  could not find a parka with a hood lined with fur trim on the edge. I would like an older style, like what the polar explorers Peary and Byrd wore, but also in traditional Inuit style. Could have arctic explorer, Inuit, and modern mats. LAMH would make a great fur trim around the face opening. Also with that, some snow shoes, again old school wood with sinew lattice. I found 1 earflap hat elsewhere, more like a moose hunter type which isn't what I was after, can't fold the flaps up close to the the head band. It would be great to have the Andean type, the "Elmer Fudd" type, and a modern type in morphs. I can find some almost like these, but they are kind of girly or toony. Would like a "rugged" looking product to use in renders of intrepid snow bound dwellers.

Post edited by IceScribe on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I tried making one but the transfer utility and weightpainting did weird stuff with my underarms

you can try adding the fur to something else maybe

zip
    zip
    hoodfur.zip
    5M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

that obj in the zip is just the Zbrush fibermesh trim BTW not the jacket

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

Thank you, th3Digit, for your speedy reply and also making a fur trim that is very close. I'll try your attachment and see how that goes. I am utterly ignorant of the transfer utility and weightmapping, so it's new stuff to start learning.

Ok, I was able rescale the fur obj and position it. I added a hoodie, and parented the fur to it. The outline shapes were not the same, so there were gaps, so I just made the hood, fur same color as jacket to unify it. I can't pose the human figure even though I parented the fur, I would have to move and tweak it. But, it's very close to what I had in mind. 

FurObjParka.jpg
    839 x 893 - 110K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    IceScribe said:

Ok, I was able rescale the fur obj and position it. I added a hoodie, and parented the fur to it. The outline shapes were not the same, so there were gaps, so I just made the hood, fur same color as jacket to unify it. I can't pose the human figure even though I parented the fur, I would have to move and tweak it. But, it's very close to what I had in mind. 

What hoodie did you use?

edited August 2017

Charlie Judge,

I used the hoodie in The Traveller for Genesis 3 loaded with the jacket that comes with it in the next two, which was easier with less gaps between that hoodie and the other coat. Here are 2 other view with the Traveller coat and hood with different textures. The side view has the V4 Magus collar. It doesn't lie flat, so I cheated a little by adjusting camera. The figure is a modified "Wise Sensei" for a younger face. Hair is Guillaume. I chose that because it is spikey,  like the fur trim object so it kind of helps in a small gap in the top rim of the fur on the hoodie, adjusted with some post work clone brush. Also the hair suits my character, so it worked very well for me.

FurLineParka2.jpg
    1022 x 893 - 118K
    ParkaFurTrimmed2.jpg
    1022 x 893 - 92K
    IceScribe said:

Charlie Judge,

I used the hoodie in The Traveller for Genesis 3 loaded with the jacket that comes with it in the next two, which was easier with less gaps between that hoodie and the other coat. Here are 2 other view with the Traveller coat and hood with different textures. The side view has the V4 Magus collar. It doesn't lie flat, so I cheated a little by adjusting camera. The figure is a modified "Wise Sensei" for a younger face. Hair is Guillaume. I chose that because it is spikey,  like the fur trim object so it kind of helps in a small gap in the top rim of the fur on the hoodie, adjusted with some post work clone brush. Also the hair suits my character, so it worked very well for me.

Thanks. I guess I asked the wrong question. What I was really looking for was knee length grey coat and thought the hoodie was part of that.

Charlie Judge,

here's the product page for the first coat I used for the parka   https://www.daz3d.com/daedalus-sky-mercenary-for-m3

Thanks. It's for M3 so it will probably be on deep disconut sometime; so, I have wishlisted it for now

edited August 2017

wow, I was looking for something else when I came across this product: https://www.daz3d.com/nomad-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-female-s. ; The female outfit has an open front, hood down but fur-trimmed jacket. For anyone else who is looking for something like a parka.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I have a free 1960' s style parka on my website which may be of use. Hood is down only though.

Hi Wendy,

thank you for recommending your parka and web site. You have many very interesting styes of clothing. I saw a product of a parka with a scooter that looks inviting.