3D Universe toon hair - how do I get it to move properly with the head?

James_1903529James_1903529 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get the 3D Universe toon hair to move/conform properly to the head of the toon figure.

When I add the hair to the toon figure and then apply any sort of change the hair kind of changes too, but if I move the figure then the hair looks like it's always a couple steps behind, like it's parented to the abdomen or something like that.

So can anyone here tell me how to fix this issue?

Thanks very much for the help.

James

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yandorx said:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get the 3D Universe toon hair to move/conform properly to the head of the toon figure.

When I add the hair to the toon figure and then apply any sort of change the hair kind of changes too, but if I move the figure then the hair looks like it's always a couple steps behind, like it's parented to the abdomen or something like that.

So can anyone here tell me how to fix this issue?

Thanks very much for the help.

James

With that particular hair, I see no benefit to making it a conforming figure since it is too short to be effected by the neck or shoulders pose...

I would clear the CONFORM FIGURE TO... button, and (while in zero pose) just parent the hair to the figure's head (just drag the hair's whole animation group folder to drop on HEAD in the instances tab).

I'm not sure what the actual issue is.... I have had behavior like this with conformed figures before, but they were usually caused by me trying to reposition a conforming prop/hair or because a hotpoint got moved by mistake... (in otherwords, my error...)

• James_1903529James_1903529 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Right on to you! Thanks so much for that. :)

I'm so stoked to get to work in Carrara now. That was the only thing I had that would hold me back.

Life is good.

Thanks again.

James