Poser 11 Pro SreeD preview issue: models appearing in front of what they should be behind

Hello there, 

I'm currently using Poser 11 Pro on a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm encountering a problem with the SreeD preview option.  Specifically, when I have two models on screen that both have a transparency element, the model that's further back will often appear in front of models that are otherwise in front of it.  Hopefully this makes sense.  Here is a screenshot to illustrate: 

The pink hair model is much further back than the gray model, yet it appears as if it's in the foreground.  I've tried checking and unchecking practically every configuration option in the Render Settings: Preview screen.  I don't encounter this problem with OpenGL preview, but I would much prefer to use SreeD due to it being faster.  It may be worth noting that I didn't encounter this issue with SreeD previews when using earlier versions of Poser on a Windows 7 laptop.

Has anyone else encountered and resolved this issue? 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I don't know how up-to-date the SreeD implementation in Poser 11 Pro is; I've seen similar issues in OpenGL with software that was written back in the OpenGL 1.3 days when run on modern video cards.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

I remember seeing this years ago, and started using OpenGL preview.  wink

You might try checking 'Remove Backfacing Polys' in your Preview render settings....