Serpent Goddess V4 Missing Texture AND other Product Issues

SummonerSummoner Posts: 36
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Realized that in the Past Mount the Creators are starting to work Sloppy forgetting to add Textures
or having Wrong Path's , and wrongly named textures not corresponding to the ones in the Figure Scrips

Serpent Goddess V4
The following files contained references to external files that were not found.

\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\Serpent Goddess\Staff MATs\Staff-GoddessOfTheMoon.mc6
- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\Serpent Goddess\Staff MATs\Staff-GoddessOfTheSun.mc6
- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

the files actually Exist but I assume that the one who Purchases this pack does not want to also Buy
Godspeed For M4 in witch the Path of the Texture Lead's
same Issue with the Texture addons DICOH-Reflection.jpg Is missing
so to say for that Price we Pay actually should get a fully functional Product and not spend Houres on fixing
stuff or having to write to the Vendors to get them fixed !!!

also from a friend the Aradior Point Product shows missing textures
It is not funny when costumers have to wait Weeks until they can use there Products the way expected
one day it will result that the costumers will ask for refunds instead of all the hassle that the Product gets fixed !!!

Aradior Point
Runtime\Libraries\Character\P3DA_AradiorPoint\AradiorPoint.cr2
- P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_S.jpg
- P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_D.jpg

It Does not only concern Creations From DAZ Store but also Other Stores
Thinking of Creating A Web page where costumers can find
People Who fix the Products and take care of the Increasing Issues.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:
    Realized that in the Past Mount the Creators are starting to work Sloppy forgetting to add Textures
    or having Wrong Path's , and wrongly named textures not corresponding to the ones in the Figure Scrips

Serpent Goddess V4

\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\Serpent Goddess\Staff MATs\Staff-GoddessOfTheMoon.mc6
    - DICOH-Reflection.jpg

\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\Serpent Goddess\Staff MATs\Staff-GoddessOfTheSun.mc6
    - DICOH-Reflection.jpg

the files actually Exist but I assume that the one who Purchases this pack does not want to also Buy
    so to say for that Price we Pay actually should get a fully functional Product and not spend Houres on fixing

It is not funny when costumers have to wait Weeks until they can use there Products the way expected
    one day it will result that the costumers will ask for refunds instead of all the hassle that the Product gets fixed !!!

Aradior Point

This set has been tested rather extensively by my own beta team, and by DAZ QA. If something is awry, I am sure it will be reported thru the "proper" channels, and I will submit a fix for it.

edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:

Serpent Goddess V4

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

Aradior Point

Here....

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Misc/Staff-Update.zip

I will be submitting an update. I would appreciate though next time you simply PMing the issue to me. Im a very agreeable person and don't mind fixing my own stuff :)

• SummonerSummoner Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

Well the Products are always tested By somone but it seems that it is tested in there own runtime in witch they have the Missing textures and not in an individual one !!!
    or the Testers are getting Lazy It takes me 1 min to figure out what is missing in the same time Missing Quotes are added to the script
    empty space lines Removed etc. rather small issues but with the size of the Products now day's it helps Increasing the Loading speed
    If only one Path is wrong and you don't have the search activated in Poser you get a message , if you have Search active it joust takes allot longer to Load the Product depending on Your runtime Size !!
    So it is just to tell the Testers to check a little better.

edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:
    Well the Products are always tested By somone but it seems that it is tested in there own runtime in witch they have the Missing textures and not in an individual one !!!
    or the Testers are getting Lazy It takes me 1 min to figure out what is missing in the same time Missing Quotes are added to the script
    empty space lines Removed etc. rather small issues but with the size of the Products now day's it helps Increasing the Loading speed
    If only one Path is wrong and you don't have the search activated in Poser you get a message , if you have Search active it joust takes allot longer to Load the Product depending on Your runtime Size !!
    So it is just to tell the Testers to check a little better.

The problem probably lies in the fact that it has pz2 mats, and its entirely possible the mc6's files we're overlooked (which are only provided as a backup, in case the pz2's give issues)

Also, I dont think its entirely fair to assume someone was lazy. It would be hard for my testers to tell, since they probably had Godspeed installed - and thusly, it wouldnt kick up any error. Quite possibly also for the QA person that tested this, as she tests all my stuff. But it took me all of two seconds to fix it by a search and replace, so no harm, no foul.

edited March 2013

Hades 65 said:

Serpent Goddess V4

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

Aradior Point

Here....

I will be submitting an update. I would appreciate though next time you simply PMing the issue to me. Im a very agreeable person and don't mind fixing my own stuff :)

I could of but as I am not in Po-session of The Aradior Point just Heard in Poser creator forums discussions about Issues , we try to fix the stuff our selves , and some People have no Idea how to get around all this they just play a little with Poser hoping that it just works
    then some might get a ticket at DAZ and just wait with a little hope to be heard.

Not that I say that you would not fix the Problem , it is great that you did it right-away thank you , but there are others like Power age just lately he had a texture named differently then in the Script , so he responds .. the textures are all there and tells the name
    In short terms
    Fix it your self Idiot !!! rather then taking a minute to fix a Prop.
    thing like this go around :)

Anyway thank you for fixing the Product Appriciated

Post edited by Summoner on
    edited March 2013

Hades 65 said:
    Hades 65 said:

Serpent Goddess V4

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

- DICOH-Reflection.jpg

Aradior Point

Here....

I could of but as I am not in Po-session of your Product just Heard in Poser creator forums discussions about Issues , we try to fix the stuff our selves , and some People have no Idea how to get around all this they just play a little with Poser hoping that it just works
    then some might get a ticket at DAZ and just wait with a little hope to be heard.

Not that I say that you would not fix the Problem , it is great that you did it right-away thank you , but there are others like Power age just lately he had a texture named differently then in the Script , so he responds .. the textures are all there and tells the name
    In short terms
    Fix it your self Idiot !!! rather then taking a minute to fix a Prop.
    thing like this go around :)

Anyway thank you for fixing the Product Appriciated

Well I definitely understand your frustration. But me, I am uber vigilant about stuff. In fact, I just did an Alchemy II update and added in tarot card mats as per someones request for it. And as long as Im not giving a mesh or something away, Ill even post stuff to my threads, to get it out asap. Just something to keep in mind for anyone who encounters issues. You can PM me on here, or even email me IgnisSerpentus @ damageinc3d.net (no spaces - sorry, something wont let my email display lol)

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Surely Daz's QA testers, at least, should be testing on a clean runtime so that issues like this don't arise.
    I totally understand Hades 65's frustration this is becoming a too often accurrance, the biggest problem is that the very rare mistakes that conscientous vendors like yourself make will be put down to lazyness by customers who see it all to often.

edited December 1969

Surely Daz's QA testers, at least, should be testing on a clean runtime so that issues like this don't arise.
    I totally understand Hades 65's frustration this is becoming a too often accurrance, the biggest problem is that the very rare mistakes that conscientous vendors like yourself make will be put down to lazyness by customers who see it all to often.

Well, my QA tester is a friend of mine.... so its entirely possible she had it installed and didn't get the error (like I said in that post) There's a myriad of possibilities for why it could have been missed. But I think that we are all human and make mistakes. Sure, there may be some vendors that arent exceptionally vigilant about it, and surely, it gives us all a bad reputation. I just think that people should try either contacting the vendor or DAZ first, before reacting irrationally.

edited December 1969

also a simple sample , if you have a prop that calls up ... Wood.jpg texture but the Creator forgot to add it to the pack or gave a wrong path, Poser will start a search
    so how many Wood,jpg do you have Poser will load the first found ! but the product will not display the same as it is not the Wood.jpg that actually was ment to be used for the product
    Issues like this in products can sure mess up the whole aspect i think that it is Important that the Testers make sure that Path's are correct.
    there are simple Program's that will check on the Files and would just take a minute to make sure that the content is complete and or the
    Path's scripts are provided in a correct way.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited March 2013

Wow.

Well since it hasn't been said, "Thank you for your prompt response, and still supporting Poser users with products. It's much appreciated. Mistakes do happen even in larger operations, and when it does, the fact that you responded so quickly is really awesome. And you also must have the patience of a saint."

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited March 2013

Also if I go to a store Buy my self a Game lets say 25 - 30 $ there is a whole lots of stuff Packed in it ( 3D graphics ) so if the creators there would think ooh well a missing texture here and there and some wrong path's who cares .. what would happen ???
    Allot of Poser creators refer on don't use it for games or other 3 D products , assuming to have reached the Level of high end 3D Industries
    but I would say there is a long way to go if simple things like path's or missing Textures are still an Issue.
    Also that the Price of a simple 3D Prop is on the Price Level of a whole Game ... costumers sure should expect a good quality and a working Product
    for the Price that the store is asking.
    if I download stuff from Free Creations at "sharecg" I usually have less issues then Products I buy !! but fact is actually it should be opposite.
    And I am not upset just trying to make Creators aware of the Little Issues that could be Prevented in a matter of a little time.

the Costumer of Aradior Point announced the issue the 1 st of march to Support that there are missing textures and did not get any response since.
    some just collect but there are some who see a Prop and get inspired to make renders but having to wait a week can be pretty hurting.

Post edited by Summoner on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited March 2013

Hades 65 said:
    Also if I go to a store Buy my self a Game lets say 25 - 30 $ there is a whole lots of stuff Packed in it ( 3D graphics ) so if the creators there would think ooh well a missing texture here and there and some wrong path's who cares .. what would happen ???
    Allot of Poser creators refer on don't use it for games or other 3 D products , assuming to have reached the Level of high end 3D Industries
    but I would say there is a long way to go if simple things like path's or missing Textures are still an Issue.
    Also that the Price of a simple 3D Prop is on the Price Level of a whole Game ... costumers sure should expect a good quality and a working Product
    if I download stuff from Free Creations at "sharecg" I usually have less issues then Products I buy !! but fact is actually it should be opposite.
    And I am not upset just trying to make Creators aware of the Little Issues that could be Prevented in a matter of a little time.

But let's look at this way: when there is an issue with a product you've bought at a store, do you go up to Customer Service and tell them the issue, or do you walk into the middle of the store and perform for anyone who will listen? And what usually happens when you do the latter?

This thread is unnecessary and unneeded, and comes off as very whiny, when you could have very well PM'd the creator, did a support ticket or even civily asked if anyone else is having the issue. And the fact you have yet to thank Iggy for quickly responding to your issue and you continue to complain, really doesn't look good on your part.... cause really the creator could have easily did the change and sent it to QA and let you wait for the update... and this is really what Customer Service about, cause she really didn't have to do this for you.

All this does is reinforce that vendors don't have to go above and beyond for a customer, if they're going to get the same response regardless.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

Wow.

Well since it hasn't been said, "Thank you for your prompt response, and still supporting Poser users with products. It's much appreciated. Mistakes do happen even in larger operations, and when it does, the fact that you responded so quickly is really awesome. And you also must have the patience of a saint."

Yeah, really.
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Wow.

Yeah, really.

Ditto

edited December 1969

Well I spend more time on writing letters to Creators for issues then i Play In Poser, Irony , A Skirt that OOT made had to be fixed and placed into the Rendo free section as update , by the Costumer !!
    I could tell you stories and jup I meanwhile send out Pm's almost every 2' ond day, actually not the way it is supposed to be
    we also support others and try to motivate them to write when they have issues on Products. Most don't have that much time and also not obvious for most users that have little knowledge how to express them selves what is not working , like path's or missing Files all this has to be filtered out and written in a Pm so that the Creator understands!
    what happens if one just say's Product does not work in a PM , well the Creator will test it and say it works as he has the textures

Another example ...
    Place an Obj in the library folder and sell it this way , the Obj belongs in the Geometrie folder and not in a Library , the costumer renames or places the Product in
    a sub-folder , what will happen the Product will fail and not work , but is it the costumer's mistake or the creator , as we all know where a Obj belongs to.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Some civility and common courtesy is required in this thread please.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Some civility and common courtesy is required in this thread please.

I could not read any aggressions in here all seems to be in a totally normal way of communication
    well hope that critique is not an issue else we cant get to the point . trying to get things Clear
    And I think It might help for the future. We all can Learn :)

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:

But let's look at this way: when there is an issue with a product you've bought at a store, do you go up to Customer Service and tell them the issue, or do you walk into the middle of the store and perform for anyone who will listen? And what usually happens when you do the latter?

This thread is unnecessary and unneeded, and comes off as very whiny, when you could have very well PM'd the creator, did a support ticket or even civily asked if anyone else is having the issue. And the fact you have yet to thank Iggy for quickly responding to your issue and you continue to complain, really doesn't look good on your part.... cause really the creator could have easily did the change and sent it to QA and let you wait for the update... and this is really what Customer Service about, cause she really didn't have to do this for you.

All this does is reinforce that vendors don't have to go above and beyond for a customer, if they're going to get the same response regardless.

Wow. "This thread is unnecessary and unneeded" That's a double negative and lacks intelligence. If you're a vendor you've got a lot to learn about customer service. You really ought to refrain from making blanket judgments like this unless you've walked in someone else's shoes. How do you know that this person has already contacted vendors in the passed and either been ignored or told to fix it themselves? Is this concerning you? If not then why call this poster whiny? Why has this bothered you? Do you really need to add to the problem by imposing your opinion on a customer who is frustrated? I never have understood the need for some people who rush to a vendors defense because they feel the need to "protect" them. If you're not going to add anything to resolve the problem then it's better to just shut up, move on, mind your own business because problems don't get fixed by keeping quiet, especially when a vendor has a poor attitude... and there are many of them. Matter of fact they have an attitude much like yours and there is nothing that will keep me from buying a product faster than that attitude. You do get it don't you? MONEY was exchange for a product and to "make the customer wait" longer than necessary after its been exchanged is BS. A complaint can be filed with the cc company, which isn't good for the merchant or the vendor, so the customer has a lot more power than they're aware. It's probably better for everyone concerned to treat the customer with some respect.

The reason, imo, for making this issue public is in the hopes the all vendors will take heed. There is an exchange of money for a product and if it isn't being tested properly, it doesn't matter what reason, then it's incompetence. Beta testers have or should have been doing this long enough to know better and if they don't they should be informed so simple problems like this don't happen. Like I said, money is exchange. The vendor wants the money, but SOME vendors don't want to be bothered after the sale and I have experienced this attitude personally. It's pretty sad, so maybe more customers just need to stop spending money on digital content and start going outside for some fresh air.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

At this point I am closing this thread while a review is taken by the ForumTeam.

It may or may not be reopened once the in depth review by the entire Forum Team has taken place.

Edited to say that on review the Team has decided TO leave the thread locked, as the original query was dealt with very promptly by the PA in question, and an instant fix given.

Please remember in future that matters of this kind are best dealt with using the support system, via ZenDesk rather than by opening a thread in the forums. Thankyou.

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.