Released: Giant Monster Spider HD [Commercial]

Presenting my first original figure for Daz Studio, a monster straight out of your nightmares...

https://www.daz3d.com/giant-monster-spider-hd

The figure includes lower resolution maps designed to work with a low level of subdivision for when you need less detail or more vram to play with...

I hope you all enjoy using her as much as I enjoyed making her.  Thanks!

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    She looks fantastic, if you had said it was the official model they used for the movies I would believe it.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

She looks hideous, so I'd say a good job has been done. :)

Oh and great job on the skulls too, just noticed them; as soon as I've finished splatting every spider I can find at home, I'll see if I have a use for either product.

... Very creepy.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Finally, someone's made an updated Iray-standard arachnid for monster-themed artistic purposes! Thank you for making this! Any intention to make an expansion of different coloured skins? Or other creatures along these lines, like scorpions, centipedes and mantids?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

That's astonishing, kudos!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019

Really Great job done here!!!
    Everyone needs to get this one.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Can someone who has it and also has Carrara try it out to see if it works in Carrara... being a new model I would guess it won't work but fingers crossed if someone can test it ....

thanks

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I think I already own them all, except cobwebs but I hope Ron's Brushes (Deviney) puts all his webbing ones in fast grab for the week.

Great work. I have been wanting another spider for a long time.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Dang it AntFarm! I was on the fence for this spider as I already own the older one and haven't even rendered it yet. But as one of the choices, it adds another layer of discounts for today's offerings- if you get 3 of todays NEW releases.

Now that you've chimed in, I'll get today instead of waiting. The peer pressure!

•  

Thanks for all the kind words!  I can't wait to see what folks do with her :) 

Finally, someone's made an updated Iray-standard arachnid for monster-themed artistic purposes! Thank you for making this! Any intention to make an expansion of different coloured skins? Or other creatures along these lines, like scorpions, centipedes and mantids?

I am planning on future skin/morph releases for this figure, as well as some more original creatures.  The "Giant Insect" monster movies had a big influence on me when I was young, so more in that genre are definitely in the works.  I'm also working on a lair for the spider.   Something nice and cozy for the modern spider on the go.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

LOVED this as soon as I saw it.  Really really well done!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

Amazing work. I wanted to buy it but it will have to wait until I get paid. Really nice though

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

I'm overspent for awhile, but on the list..  Such nice work.  I've wanted something like this for awhile.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

oh yeah... looking hideous and creepy ! Good work!

• Groovy Patrol, This spider looks amazing. I love the detail on it. I will buy any expansion, environments, or morphs you make for it. I would also like to suggest that you make a morph or even a geograft in order to make a spider/human hybrid. It is more commonly known as a Spider Queen in many RPG games such as Diablo. It would be nice to have a morph on top of the head to more seamlessly blend into a G3F or G8F torso. A geoshell texture for the human figure with a transparency blending the torso to the spider's skin would be ideal as well.

Another request that I would like to buy is some armor for the spider to make it into a gigantic rideable battle beast.

spider_queen_concept_02_by_thebastardson-d6rn90x.jpg
    1136 x 704 - 132K
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

Groovy Patrol, This spider looks amazing. I love the detail on it. I will buy any expansion, environments, or morphs you make for it. I would also like to suggest that you make a morph or even a geograft in order to make a spider/human hybrid. It is more commonly known as a Spider Queen in many RPG games such as Diablo. It would be nice to have a morph on top of the head to more seamlessly blend into a G3F or G8F torso. A geoshell texture for the human figure with a transparency blending the torso to the spider's skin would be ideal as well.

Another request that I would like to buy is some armor for the spider to make it into a gigantic rideable battle beast.

well there is Anu Naki made for V4 so a new version is so badly wanted for G2/3/8  I added G2 because of creature creator sadly missing in G3 and so far 8 but there are a few characters and morphs and hopefully more coming to enhance monster look on the human part but even still a normal looking fem combined with this spider would be really cool lots of detail in this spider

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2017

Thanks for all the kind words!  I can't wait to see what folks do with her :) 

I am planning on future skin/morph releases for this figure, as well as some more original creatures.  The "Giant Insect" monster movies had a big influence on me when I was young, so more in that genre are definitely in the works.  I'm also working on a lair for the spider.   Something nice and cozy for the modern spider on the go.

So elated to hear this! That's something I can related to for my formative years, too... Until now, we've only really had Noggin's She-Aranea for gigantic arachnid stuff (though that's more Shelob-like, with abdominal stinger and all).

Would love to see some modern, Iray-compatible victim cocoons, too, like She-Aranea eventually got (which still render OK, but are looking a little primitive by today's standards). Or even webbing/cocoon material shaders which could be applied to any surface.

Kind of tempted to see an expansion which makes this model look deilebrately more demonic, too... Perhaps even with a bone texture option.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

You can always do the old centaur trick: shrink a human figure's legs to 0, place in the spider, set spider to collide with figure, create a transparency map on the spider.

• Groovy Patrol, This spider looks amazing. I love the detail on it. I will buy any expansion, environments, or morphs you make for it. I would also like to suggest that you make a morph or even a geograft in order to make a spider/human hybrid. It is more commonly known as a Spider Queen in many RPG games such as Diablo. It would be nice to have a morph on top of the head to more seamlessly blend into a G3F or G8F torso. A geoshell texture for the human figure with a transparency blending the torso to the spider's skin would be ideal as well.

A drider type character is something I have been considering, as the Underdark is a favorite fantasy setting of mine.  Making a tack/armor set is something else that's on the drawing table as well.

So elated to hear this! That's something I can related to for my formative years, too... Until now, we've only really had Noggin's She-Aranea for gigantic arachnid stuff (though that's more Shelob-like, with abdominal stinger and all).

Would love to see some modern, Iray-compatible victim cocoons, too, like She-Aranea eventually got (which still render OK, but are looking a little primitive by today's standards). Or even webbing/cocoon material shaders which could be applied to any surface.

Kind of tempted to see an expansion which makes this model look deilebrately more demonic, too... Perhaps even with a bone texture option.

Webbed victims would be included with the lair set.  Perhaps some egg sacs as well.  If you look at the top image, as well as the main promo in the store, the webs used there are the first generation tests for the webbing material.  It's a first try to make a web brush preset for substance painter.  I've got a lot of tweaking to do.

It's funny you should say demon spider, as it's one of the top candidates for expansion ideas.

edited July 2017

just a quickie test see how go kitbashing Nenana Alien HD G8F with your spider was able to pose each model seperately 

Olympias test 208am 270717.png
    1354 x 636 - 847K
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • Very cool!  I must admit I did spend some time last night playing with g8 and the spider to see how they would fit together.  I love the look on the one screen right's face.  Looks like she's about say "You've got to be kidding me."

now you mention I like that too and it was the look included in the pose it's nice when things work out that way when you don't actually plan it. With Nenana and your spider I parented to the spider's thorax with my vrious tests sometimes works when you parent other times it's fit to. At moment we only have her and the hedgehog as non human characters in the G8 line. There's few in G3 that'd probably look pretty cool kitbashed with your spider and any others you may do if your doing bugs though G2 still has advantage with creature creator2  but it is nice to see this spider with all this detail so many uses as just a normal spider love monster and bug movies

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Is this spider only for DS or will it work with Carrara or Poser?

• Is this spider only for DS or will it work with Carrara or Poser?

The spider was created with Daz studio in mind, with PBR materials for Iray.   I have never worked with Poser or Carrara, so I really can't speak to compatibility with those programs.

• Spiders are just misunderstood creatures, all they want is hugs!  Love it yes

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

If I found a real spider that big I would be oh nice big spider eeeeeek!  And runs away.

but on my computer in Daz studio or Poser it is okay as I can control it and it will not eat me.

you should see the size of some of the spiders we have in Australia they can get pretty big though some of the smallest ones are worse even chase after you just wanting a hug

• you should see the size of some of the spiders we have in Australia they can get pretty big though some of the smallest ones are worse even chase after you just wanting a hug

I'm not sure should is the word I would use.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Love this!!

I've won many a battleground with my spider pet!!

And spiders are a gardener's best friend, so yes, they do need some love.

• If I found a real spider that big I would be oh nice big spider eeeeeek!  And runs away.

but on my computer in Daz studio or Poser it is okay as I can control it and it will not eat me.

That 's the great thing about art.  It enables us to experience things we can't in real life.  Especially things we wouldn't want to experience for real :)

you should see the size of some of the spiders we have in Australia they can get pretty big though some of the smallest ones are worse even chase after you just wanting a hug

You do have some amazing creatures down there.  The Sydney Funnel Web Spider and the Redback get all the press, but the huge huntsman spiders you have seem to be the most fun.  There's a series of viral videos of an Austrailian guy trying to catch them to get them out of the house.  I probably shouldn't laugh when he screws up and panics, but I still do :)