Face group -> bone mappings?

Are face group to bone mappings for a figure accessible through the SDK?    See the attached screen shot from the Joint Editor tool.    I need to know which bone each face group is associated with in a figure -- essentially what is shown in that table.  

Thanks

Comments

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Have a look at this script example:  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/nodes/node_facegroup_map/start

It operates in the opposite direction (finding the facegroup associated with a given bone) but one could iterate over all the bones in a skeleton to generate an associative list or two indexed arrays.

Most of the script can translate pretty directly into C++ SDK calls.

• shoei321shoei321 Posts: 113

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.    There actually are lookup methods for both directions -- findNodeForGroup(QString groupName) and findGroupForNode(DzNode*).   

Strange that these methods are present in the SDK but not covered in the docs?   I'm really looking forward to an SDK update -- I suspect there's a lot of good stuff like this waiting to be had.

Thanks

• We know that Rob is working on the docs - and in fact, if you look through the Change Log you will see references to documenting objects/classes.