An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details...

mokonmokon Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I bought toy pony and downloaded to my mac book pro i7 (OS 10.6.8), also installed to change from DS4 to DS4.5.
Then I attempted to use it, double clicking the column of the Toy Pony on the left pane -> double click the icon with "shape", some processes for a very short moment, and the error on the title appeared every time, no matter how I tried.
Reading applications/vlogs/ the message is below ( Have I revealed what I should not to do? Licence license_emb_ 4digits are hidden)

Fri Mar 1 2013 02:33:44.567393 DAZ Content Management Service (4.8.1, Kernel 4.8.1 )
Licence license_emb_442254****518942 is registered to DAZ3D.
Valid until 9999-12-31. Subscription valid until 2013-02-08.
Maximum number of connections: 5

Fri Mar 1 2013 02:33:44.613984 (TID 140735085497536): VProject facilities are disabled since no appropriate license found
Fri Mar 1 2013 02:33:44.614009 (TID 140735085497536): Server started
Fri Mar 1 2013 02:33:44.614018 (TID 140735085497536): Non-secure port: 27997

======
I'm so sorry my English skill is poor....

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You should check the LOG File in Daz Studio. Use the HELP menu then TroubleShooting>View Log File.

Help-Image1.png
    428 x 311 - 25K
  • ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Does anybody knows what the problem is if the logfile is not shown when executing Help ->Troubleshooting -> View log file..?

I can find the log file in
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\Anwendungsdaten\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt
    but it will not be opened with the menu option.

• mokonmokon Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You should check the LOG File in Daz Studio. Use the HELP menu then TroubleShooting>View Log File.

Though I read it. But... too many lines on it.... I can't find the reason.
    Last several lines are below

WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    Total class factories: 1202
    Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Shader Program successfully linked.

Loading Startup Scene : /Users/yohsuke/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    File loaded in 0 min 1.8 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    *** Scene Cleared ***

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You bought the Toy pony http://www.daz3d.com/the-toy-pony if so it Requires the This http://www.daz3d.com/daz-horse-2 to work. The Toy Pony is a Morph of the Daz Horse 2. It will not work without the Daz Horse 2.

edited December 1969

OH!! Really!? Thank you very much. But I can't find anything like that at the article of The Toy Pony...
    $40 is not easy expense.. XD

I found a directory named DAZ Horse 2 on my system under
    /Users/me/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/
    Isn't this the one? Or I should buy horse 2, yet?

By the way, directory structure of DAZ is very complicated, isn't it? I don't understand it at all. I used to use Softimage3D but it was much simple.

screen.jpg
    912 x 668 - 193K
    edited December 1969

I decided to buy horse2 and installed.
    I did it!!

Thank you so much Jaderai l!!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes the filing system does seem complicated to the uninitiated. It will take time to understand what is what and where to find things. It is part of the learning process so sick with it and eventually it will all become clear as mud. :) Seriously it does take time to understand this aspect. What you have to understand is that Daz Studio uses a lot of Poser formats for certain parts of the content. Now with Genesis that become blurred. Suffice to say there are a lot of file formats flying around to confuse us more these days.

These might help File Extensions and Beginners: Multitude of Questions Set 1 and MAking File Extensions Visible in Daz Studio

edited December 1969

Thank you so much, Pete and all the volunteers!
    Actually, I've just knocking on the door of DAZ Studio. So I don't understand the potential yet. I would like to ask something I can't solve by myself. Thank you.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

There is a lot of good information in the New Users Section of the Forums and the Daz Youtube channel plus many more out there. But sure ask away and sure someone will lead you in the right direction.

edited December 1969

i have another problem... I tried to put hair and tail "materials" onto Toy Pony but in vain...
    How can I put them on it.
    Do I have to buy something more like shader...? ( I'm afraid...)
    Or is there something i have to set on, operate, and so on...?

MY Pony's tail is like a mouse's...

スクリーンショット(2013-03-04_15.48_.43)_.png
    858 x 526 - 160K
    edited December 1969

I'm getting to understand!!
    But still can't find the way to set up the length of hair and tail...
    And can't get the reasonable result of rendering...
    I've gotta try more...

スクリーンショット(2013-03-04_19.41_.43)_.png
    702 x 382 - 144K
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I haven't counted the days, but it's likely that the 60 days from first publication of the Horse will happen during March Madness. If that is the case, then it will go on sale during your 30 days money back guarantee. If and when that happens you can contact DAZ Support to receive the difference between what you paid now and the price it will have when on discount.

• monakashmonakash Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.6.3.52 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 32
    Qt Version: 4.8.6
    OpenSubdiv Version: 2.3.5
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7600, No Service Pack Installed
    CPU Information:
    CPU String: GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand String: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 6
    Cache Size = 2048
    Stepping ID = 10
    Model = 7
    Family = 6
    Extended model = 1
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    Supported CPU Features:
    SSE3 New Instructions
    MONITOR/MWAIT
    CPL Qualified Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor 2
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor and Clock Ctrl
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Self Snoop
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Thermal Monitor
    Pend. Brk. EN.
    Physical Memory:
    Total: 2.9 GB (3211059200)
    Avail: 1.8 GB (2033807360)
    Virtual Memory:
    Total: 1.9 GB (2147352576)
    Avail: 1.8 GB (1968238592)
    Current Memory Usage: 36%
    Current DateTime:
    Loc: Wed Sep 17 08:12:01 2014
    UTC: Wed Sep 17 02:42:01 2014
    Temp Data:
    Location = C:/Users/ABC/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
    Disk Total: 74.5 GB (80015491072)
    Disk Avail: 29.4 GB (31594942464)
    Locale: en_US
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Highway.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/EXPExporter/ExPExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FBXExporter/FBXExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FigureSetup/FigureSetup.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/JointEditor/JointEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LayeredImageEditor/LayeredImageEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoader/MorphLoader.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoaderPro/MorphLoaderPro.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/TextureAtlas/TextureAtlas.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/WeightMapBrush/WeightMapBrush.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.9.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:
    GL_EXT_blend_minmax
    GL_EXT_blend_subtract
    GL_EXT_blend_color
    GL_EXT_abgr
    GL_EXT_texture3D
    GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
    GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
    GL_EXT_cull_vertex
    GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp
    GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
    GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
    GL_SGIS_texture_lod
    GL_EXT_rescale_normal
    GL_EXT_packed_pixels
    GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
    GL_ARB_multitexture
    GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
    GL_EXT_bgra
    GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
    GL_EXT_secondary_color
    GL_EXT_fog_coord
    GL_EXT_texture_env_add
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
    GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
    GL_ARB_texture_env_add
    GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
    GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
    GL_NV_blend_square
    GL_ARB_texture_compression
    GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1
    GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
    GL_ARB_point_parameters
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
    GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
    GL_ARB_shadow
    GL_ARB_window_pos
    GL_EXT_shadow_funcs
    GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
    GL_ARB_vertex_program
    GL_ARB_fragment_program
    GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
    GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
    GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
    GL_NV_texgen_reflection
    GL_ARB_depth_texture
    GL_WIN_swap_hint

WGL_ARB_buffer_region
    WGL_ARB_extensions_string
    WGL_ARB_make_current_read
    WGL_ARB_pixel_format
    WGL_ARB_pbuffer
    WGL_EXT_extensions_string
    WGL_EXT_swap_control
    : NOT INITIALIZED
    OpenGL features for current hardware:
    OpenGL provider: Intel
    OpenGL renderer: Intel Bear Lake B
    OpenGL version: 1.4.0
    Maximum number of lights: 16
    Number of auxiliary buffers: 0
    Number of texture units: 8
    Depth buffer bit resolution: 24
    Maximum OpenGL texture size: 2048 x 2048
    Current OpenGL Texture Quality Setting: Good Performance
    RGBA color bitplane resolutions: 8 8 8 8
    GLSL not supported
    Shadow mapping supported
    VBO supported
    Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 32-bit
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Loading plug-ins:
    aniMate2.dll
    dazscriptide.dll
    dz3dconnexion.dll
    dz3dmouse.dll
    dzalignace.dll
    dzassetiofilters.dll
    dzautofit.dll
    dzautoriggerbasic.dll
    dzautoshaderbakeractions.dll
    dzbrycebridge.dll
    dzbvh.dll
    dzcolladax.dll
    dzcomponents.dll
    dzcontentdbeditor.dll
    dzcontentlibrarypane.dll
    dzcr2exporter.dll
    dzcustomizedlg.dll
    dzdelightrenderer.dll
    dzdformeditor.dll
    dzeasyloader.dll
    dzexpexporter.dll
    dzfbxexporter.dll
    dzfbximporter.dll
    dzfiguresetup.dll
    dzgoz.dll
    dzhexagonbridge.dll
    dzimageio.dll
    dzjointeditor.dll
    dzlayerededitor.dll
    dzlayerfilter.dll
    dzmanualshaderbaker.dll
    dzmaptransfer.dll
    dzmorphfollower.dll
    dzmorphloader.dll
    dzmorphloaderpro.dll
    dzobjexporter.dll
    dzoptitexclothbasic.dll
    dzpolygongroupeditortool.dll
    dzprimitives.dll
    dzpropertyeditor.dll
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzpropertyeditor.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzpropertyeditor.dll: The specified procedure could not be found.
    dzpropertyhierarchyeditor.dll
    dzpuppeteer.dll
    dzpz3importer.dll
    dzrenderedit.dll
    dzrenderlibrary.dll
    dzrslshadercompiler.dll
    dzsavefilters.dll
    dzsceneinfo.dll
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzsceneinfo.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzsceneinfo.dll: The specified procedure could not be found.
    dzscriptedrenderer.dll
    dzscriptedsteps.dll
    dzshaderbaker.dll
    dzshaderbuilder.dll
    dzshadereditor.dll
    dzshadermixerbase.dll
    dzshadermixergui.dll
    dzsmartcontentpane.dll
    dzspotrendertool.dll
    dztextureatlas.dll
    dztransferutility.dll
    dzu3dexporter.dll
    dzweightmapbrush.dll
    dzwinvideo.dll
    sdk_sceneinfopane.dll
    dzdrawstyles.dll
    dzmimicbasic.dll
    dzpowerpose.dll
    Error writing author data!
    Total class factories: 1281
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/ABC/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Sample Lana Wetsuit.dsa
    Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/ABC/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Sample Lana Wetsuit.dsa
    Script executed successfully.
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1982): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()
    WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1982): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1794): Could not find geometry definition: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf#GenesisFemale-1.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4421): Could not find geometry for the material instance.m_uri.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1278): Failed to create material!
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4421): Could not find geometry for the material instance.m_uri.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4469): Could not find modifier definition.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1337): Failed to prepare modifier: PBMNavel!
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4469): Could not find modifier definition.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1337): Failed to prepare modifier: SkinBinding!
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1348): Failed to create modifier: PBMNavel!
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1348): Failed to create modifier: SkinBinding!
    Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/PBMNavel.dsf"
    Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf"
    File loaded in 0 min 19.4 sec.
    Loaded file: FIGURE - Barefoot Dancer.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1794): Could no

• yo what the hell i have the same problem with all the genesis 8 

why cant this just work ugh 

daz 4.12 on mac 10.5

• Which same problem? This is an old thread, and talks about several things. Given the age of the thread, and therefore the probable irrelevance of most of its content, you would probably have been better off starting a new thread with details of the issue you are encountering.