Distance squared fall off (LightX free plugin)

2»

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Now, thanks to Philemo, the OSX 64 bit version is available !

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88725/browse/9/Plug-in/LightX

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    Alberto said:

Let me show you another example:

The first image is the "Table Lamps" in Carrara native content. It was rendered with the original settings (Lighting Quality is set to Excellent!) . The rendering took 18:28 min.

The second one is a version without GI. I used two BulbLightXs with soft shadows and a normal distant light. The rendering took 1:18 min only.

I only modifed the shader of the lamp in the foreground.

Try as I might, I can't get my renders to look like yours.  I particularly like the effect of the lights on the Lampshades and tables.  Could you share your shader setup for the shades and also the bulb settings?  Or am I out of line in asking?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Muchas gracias Alberto.  Just downloaded... will give it a go.

ProPose said:

Try as I might, I can't get my renders to look like yours.  I particularly like the effect of the lights on the Lampshades and tables.  Could you share your shader setup for the shades and also the bulb settings?  Or am I out of line in asking?

I'm glad to help you, ProPose. In the images you can see the setting of the shaders, the two BulbLighX (instead normal bulb) and an extra normal distant light (this one is to simulate some indirect lightning). I changed the setting of the sky a little, turn off ambient light and applied Gamma correction to 2.2 in rendering. The other settings are untouched from the original.

Shader inTableLamp.png
    1440 x 860 - 372K
    OpcionesBX en TableLamp.png
    464 x 333 - 32K
    Distant inTableLamp.png
    1440 x 860 - 331K
    Sky en TableLamp.png
    1440 x 860 - 421K
    wgdjohn said:

Muchas gracias Alberto.  Just downloaded... will give it a go.

¡De nada, Wgdjohn!

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    Alberto said:
    ProPose said:

I'm glad to help you, ProPose. In the images you can see the setting of the shaders, the two BulbLighX (instead normal bulb) and an extra normal distant light (this one is to simulate some indirect lightning). I changed the setting of the sky a little, turn off ambient light and applied Gamma correction to 2.2 in rendering. The other settings are untouched from the original.

That's great!!! Thank you!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198

Fantastic! Wow, looky what I just found!!! 

Thank You!!! :) yes yes

Fantastic! Wow, looky what I just found!!! 

Thank You!!! :) yes yes

You're welcome !

And there is more to come ! enlightened

Really? More to this plugin, or something else?

No! Don't tell me... Let it be a surprise!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Ooh, the suspense!

edited May 2021

I want to use this So Bad! Time is never my pal, however, and the settings are So Vastly different from Standard Carrara that I just can't wrap my head around it without reading a manual - so I'll have to find some time (maybe?) to read the manual for ideas.

Perhaps if someone who understands how these things works could (perhaps?) put up some presets for the Browser, it could make the whole system more understandable. 

I do know that, if I unlock the power of these lights, I intend to do just that - offer up some presets!

Edit: Along with a video tutorial!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Nice!  thank you

Mystiarra said:

Nice!  thank you

You're welcome! 

Dartanbeck said:

I want to use this So Bad! Time is never my pal, however, and the settings are So Vastly different from Standard Carrara that I just can't wrap my head around it without reading a manual - so I'll have to find some time (maybe?) to read the manual for ideas.

Perhaps if someone who understands how these things works could (perhaps?) put up some presets for the Browser, it could make the whole system more understandable. 

I do know that, if I unlock the power of these lights, I intend to do just that - offer up some presets!

Maybe the demos I attached could be helpful. Change the .txt extension to .car 

Anyway, let me know if you have doubts about the plugin.

txt
    txt
    tubelamps.txt
    txt
    txt
    ringlights.txt
    txt
    txt
    bulb.txt
    txt
    txt
    2 Spotlights demo.txt
    txt
    txt
    AreaLightTypes.txt

Alberto said:

Dartanbeck said:

Maybe the demos I attached could be helpful. Change the .txt extension to .car 

Anyway, let me know if you have doubts about the plugin.

Thank you! I'll give them a try!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited March 22

PhilW said:

Ooh, the suspense!

.. nothing you have seen ,  will prepare you for the ending     (:    giggls

Post edited by ed3D on