Returning from a long hiatus.

No, I'm not someone to be well known.  I have been using Bryce since Bryce 4 as a medium of personal art and mostly do it as a personal hobby.  I am installing 7.1Pro right now after 4-5ish years of not touching the program.  Is there anything I need be aware of having a Windows 10 system?

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Hi.

You might like to read this post, just in case Bryce does'nt run. This is a common issue with a lot of computers when Bryce is installed.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7516/help-bryce-7-pro-crashes-on-launch-side-by-side-error-windows-error/p1

• Fortunately i didn't get that error.  It's good to know though thank you.  I watched some videos in making Bryce Faster.. I think I'll enlsave my family computers to help with my Evil Rendering.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

That's good. You may already have seen this but I've put the link in anyway.

Not sure if it works with Windows 10 though.

It lets Bryce use more memory than it would normally and can help stop crashes when creating large scenes.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556

• StuartB said:

It lets Bryce use more memory than it would normally and can help stop crashes when creating large scenes.

Thanks for that.. Unlike before, I have more computers I can slave for rendering and I am learning new things.  I am kind of sad that there may be no Bryce 8 from what I read

• StuartB said:

Thanks for that.. Unlike before, I have more computers I can slave for rendering and I am learning new things.  I am kind of sad that there may be no Bryce 8 from what I read

Bryce is dead, Dont worry though, youll get used to the idea soon enough 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Bryce is not Dead.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited August 2017

Bryce is not dead but it's really suffering of serious lack compare to other recent softwares (UE4, terragen 4.1..).

That’s why, because of those lacks, daz is missing a lot of potentianal customers. But I suppose that they don't care about that.. sadly..

Bryce is always fun to use for a lot of reasons. It's like playing on a playstation one while playstation 4 is already there : the game is fun but the graphic is sometimes obsolete compare to the playstation 4 and this is not my opinion here, but it could be the opinion of a lot of graphic artists searching for the good and last tools to express there arts.

Post edited by c-ram on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

As long as a prgram has a thriving community it is not Dead And we have a wonderful Bryce community here on the Daz forums.  And there are other Communities around as well.

edited August 2017
    Yes Chohole. Like Amiga have already got a wonderful community even if Amiga computers are not sold anymore or powerful like pc or Mac. Obsolète but usable or usefull, but those facts doesn't make outsiders.
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Bryce is dead for those not using it. Those using it are amazed day after day what it has to offer and what can still be discovered. Oldie but Goldie.

Horo : you've perfectly resumed the situation and to me bryce is not dead of course.. It will be dead to me when my mind will display no more landscape to render with my beloved software.
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

Bryce is not dead for me either, I rarley post anything, but i still use bryce a lot, Through Bryce i have learned much in the world of 3D.

• I have been out of it for awhile as well.  Now that retirement is here, i have time to go back to Bryce 7.1 and have FUN!  Just wish it were working on the Mac side.  I generally run it under Parallels on a Win 7 virtual machine with no issues.  Just prefer OS X.  Glad to be back though and the observations here are correct ... Bryce is not dead unless you let it be.  I also have used it since Bryce 4 and cut my teeth on it.  Any way you cut it, Bryce 7.1 is one awesome product and easy to use.  I still struggle a lot with DAZ 3D Studio and its user interface.  I try to use it; but, always wind up coming back to Bryce. There is something to be said for that besides "untrainable old codger".