AIKO 5 and March Madness

13»

Comments

• BabsDoProdBabsDoProd Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I've added Aiko 5 to my cart a couple times now but, like Freak 5, I just can't quite place them in my runtime, so to speak. The base figure is okay and I try to get the best value by doing the Pro bundles but neither one offers enough for me to justify the purchase. The items in both are just a little too cartoony for me and a little too out there (especially that Osaka hair). If I can't use them for anything right now then I might as well wait. However, if buying Aiko 5 now means significant savings all March long then it could be worth it in the end. Still, I'll wait a little in case something is officially stated.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:

I cannot understand why a possible discount on items that you might or might not want, and might or might not be able to afford, would have a deep effect on whether you purchase an item you don't want.

This is because of the way the promo is worded. It's too broad. How it reads is that it covers the entire MM sales promo running the entire month. This means the item may provide a bigger savings that would make it worth the purchase on that alone. Knowing whether the base alone or only the bundles will provide these savings would certainly be helpful. You might not get why this is important, but it is for a lot of people with concerns about their budgets, what the products they've been looking to buy but feel they are overpriced, and many other reasons.

But, really, the main issue is that the promos, whether this one or some other recent ones, have been too vague of late. That does not help the buying customers make their decision any, and, in fact, just makes them wary and think twice which is contrary to what the marketing strategy is supposed to accomplish which is to entice them to buy.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

More things to buy to get Extra savings - Garibaldi is now out.
    "Buy today and get extra savings throughout March Madness!"
    (Will the extra savings of A5 and Garibaldi add?) LOL

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

I absolutely do not think daz would stack two extra savings on top of march madness.
    and i absolutely am sick of vague unworded details and refusing to list sale end dates.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

My thinking is they will have a coupon discount for those who have already bought Aiko5 before March Madness..... but will also have the Aiko5 Pro bundle as a buy-it-all prize... so there is an incentive both ways.

edited February 2013

Kerya said:

Yet another example of an unclear promo. Who actually thinks these work? This is an archaic marketing practice when people were easily enticed by getting something for free. :coolhmm:

Post edited by Servant on
    edited December 1969

I don't think it works, that's why I added the "LOL".
    I bought both, but not for the extra savings.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I don't think it works, that's why I added the "LOL".
    I bought both, but not for the extra savings.

Oh, no, didn't mean anything by it. Just responded to there being another promo connected to MM as with the A5 one where the details are sketchy.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited February 2013

I'd like to add my whine to the stack. We seriously need more info.

Thanks to those who got the vague answer we have so far.

Not necessarily impossible, if there were one coupon for Garibaldi, another for A5, and a third for both.

The savings aren't likely to apply to PA items, of course, because Daz likes to cap it at 50%.

If they do the DO coupon chain, again... Then to be throughout, each DO coupon, in the chain, would have 4 versions...
    (And Magento would have to check if you deserve the version you use, every day, without barfing).

My guess:

Let's assume "throughout" is unintentionally misleading, because something, in the wording, generally is.

A catchup coupon - works on any day's DO item(s), without the previous day's coupon.

Single-use, though. 4 codes: Garibaldi gets you one, A5 gets you one, A5 starter gets you two, A5 Pro gets you three.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2013

T Jaiman said:

Single-use, though. 4 codes: Garibaldi gets you one, A5 gets you one, A5 starter gets you two, A5 Pro gets you three.

I don't see any marketing that says Garibaldi saves you anything on MM. I see a banner that says save 20% on hair...

EDIT: NVM I see the email now.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

So simply ask,, what actually means these sales word ?
    Please anyone guide me who can not understand these meanig clear.

about, Garibaldi Express Hair System

for DAZ Studio 4.5 save 30% now
    today and tomorrow only!

Buy today and get extra savings throughout March Madness!
    (it seems same word about Aiko5, then I bought A5 already.
    so the price down become twice @@;?? )

and,, all DAZ hair 20% OFF, today and tomorroe only,, it said.

but when march madness sale,, I believe I may gat daz hairs more kind price,,
    is it wrong:roll:

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Seriously?

Two promos in a row playing the same game. I can't imagine that this isn't intentional.

Officially sitting this one out, barring further clarification. Fool me once, shame on me...

Really ridiculous.

edited February 2013

all DAZ hair 20% OFF, today and tomorroe only,, it said.

but when march madness sale,, I believe I may gat daz hairs more kind price,,
    is it wrong :roll:

In the March Madness-es that I've been here for... the Daz Original deals were for the items Daz chose each day.

So you might not get any Daz Original hair, from March Madness.

But there are so many Daz Original sales flying at us, you could probably save a lot more than 20% on many/all of their hairs, sometime this year.

Just to mention it - in the March Madness sales that I've seen, there were also 1-day sales on a small number of PA items. (Typically new items).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Kerya said:

Seriously?

Two promos in a row playing the same game. I can't imagine that this isn't intentional.

Officially sitting this one out, barring further clarification. Fool me once, shame on me...

Really ridiculous.

I bought both - because I wanted both ...
    Aiko5 because she is cute, Garibaldi because I played with the beta and found it easy to use (and because there is no extra activation).
    The March Madness extra savings didn't make me buy them.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

But there are so many Daz Original sales flying at us, you could probably save a lot more than 20% on many/all of their hairs, sometime this year.

yeah,, I think so :roll:
    I have never experienced March Madness sales, so I do not know How mad daz ^^;
    The more MAD , the more I LOVE.

edited December 1969

yeah,, I think so :roll:
    I have never experienced March Madness sales, so I do not know How mad daz ^^;
    The more MAD , the more I LOVE.
    There's been more madness than I've described, but my memory is weak.

It should be fun. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well I remember my first March Madness from last year, right after becoming an active user. It was fun! Expensive, but fun! :D

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:

I cannot understand why a possible discount on items that you might or might not want, and might or might not be able to afford, would have a deep effect on whether you purchase an item you don't want.

My issue is the sale end date... I wanted to know when the 51% discount would disappear so I knew if I could make it till Friday to use my coupon to help me out -_-

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Skiriki said:
    Well I remember my first March Madness from last year, right after becoming an active user. It was fun! Expensive, but fun! :D

+1!

Luckily I got employed in mid-March, otherwise I think my partner would have skinned me alive. ;)

It was _freakishly_ expensive, but I was also just starting to fill up my content library. I'm desperately hoping that this year I'll have more self-control. I'm sure DAZ has Plans to shatter said self-control.

I was going to add up the stuff I bought via the order page, but those numbers bear virtually no relationship to the actual amount I spent...so for example, one order says I spent $228, but if you sum the items on the order page, it's only $118, and then $65 off of that, so I think I only spent $53. I'd have to go through every one to see how it relates to how much I actually spent. According to the on-site records, I spent $1732.16 in March of last year. I'm fairly confident it was not that much.

-- Morgan

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Kerya said:

Seriously?

Really ridiculous.

I remember a time when this kind of promo would have fuelled excitement around here. The mystery would have enticed people rather than annoying them. I think we might have to consider that DAZ isn't the only thing that's changing. We're changing too...

I won't be taking part, but I don't think it's a dumb promotion.

• edited December 1969

Just an FYI, whenever someone says "If you don't like x, don't buy x", they come across as two things:

1. Indifferent

2. Condescending

Both of these are likely to ruffle feathers. In a dive bar, it gets you a fist in your teeth, because these are bad attitudes to adopt (thank God I don't go to such places). I don't know if anyone truly has that kind of attitude when they say that, but one should be careful when saying things that way. The point of "I don't like x" (and, hopefully, they'll list the reasons why) is to make the seller aware of issues that must be corrected immediately if not sooner, and the customer doesn't like rude behavior, especially when it consists of "If you don't like x, don't buy x". That's when you lose customers, because you've told them that they could go take a flying leap off a tall cliff for all you care, you're not changing, and that's a bad attitude to adopt. The customer is your lifeblood, and committing business suicide is a bad idea.

Just a friendly word of advice to anyone who intends to go into sales or is already employed in a sales position.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I remember a time when this kind of promo would have fuelled excitement around here. The mystery would have enticed people rather than annoying them. I think we might have to consider that DAZ isn't the only thing that's changing. We're changing too...

That´s probably because in the past months we have learnt (or rather DAZ taught us the hard way) that when something mysterious appears in DAZ store/forum, then it is most likely something we won´t like or something that will go wrong. If it is a sale, then we´ll get wrong prices, cart won´t work etc. If it is a new set of rules, then the rules will not be explained properly, or will be explained in such a way that we misunderstand them. And if it is a website switch to new software, then it will be a nightmare for months.

Sure, most of the bugs that we encountered since the Magento switch are now gone, but the bad aftertaste still remains and memory of the problems we experienced is still vivid. Also, there have been several changes recently which caused upheaval and upset members (like banning of commercial posts of non-DAZ content makers, changes in PC/value category, freebies now free only with purchase or with valid PC membership, etc.).

Sadly, all this changed the mindsets of members from "I am looking forward to what enticing and funny new things they have planned for us" to "Oh God, what a disaster will happen next time?" So no wonder that people here distrust any such vague promo...

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

I went ahead and purchased the Pro bundle based on the value, not the possible MM savings. Would have liked to have more real details on what the savings will be, but for me, in the end analysis I made the purchase based on what I would most likely buy that was in the bundle, and the cost of those items if bought separately. I don't usually by a lot in MM anyway, but If I was on the fence about the purchase, not knowing what the MM savings will be definitely would not have helped me make the purchase.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited February 2013

Does A5 have its own unique UV set?

PS: Ah, I found - "custom uv set", kinda way to force customers not to ignore expensive morph set.

Post edited by Coon Ra on
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:

PS: Ah, I found - "custom uv set", kinda way to force customers not to ignore expensive morph set.

Well there will probably only ever be 2 A5 textures released so I don't think that will be a problem most of the time. Hopefully they are done with this game though, how many female UV sets do we need?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:

Well there will probably only ever be 2 A5 textures released so I don't think that will be a problem most of the time. Hopefully they are done with this game though, how many female UV sets do we need?
    To be honest, it really depends where the focus is being placed. Sometimes you want more detail in one place than others, which can vary depending on the character. In an extreme example of male vs female UVs for Genesis, the breasts would appear stretched if using a male template, or squashed on a man if using a female template.

Perhaps the main reason for adding new UV sets isn't so much to force us to buy new characters but to give us options on which parts of the figure we want more detail to be placed.

edited December 1969

Perhaps the main reason for adding new UV sets isn't so much to force us to buy new characters but to give us options on which parts of the figure we want more detail to be placed.

I don't know about all that. As I mentioned we have a ton of FEMALE UV's. I didn't comment on having M5 and F5 UV's because I believe those have a place. M5 and F5 would need different systems. Anubis having his own UV's makes sense...

But for women we have a lot of Genesis Female UV systems, Genesis Basic Female, V5, A5, S5 from Daz. Not to mention a lot of Genesis content still uses V4. (and of course we have Nata UVs and Hitomi, but those aren't Daz) Btw does Julie have her own UV's? If so I can see that making sense because of her lack of figure. BUt for the other sets I'm skeptical.

is there really substantial differences in how they set up? I haven't loaded them all up to see myself because I mostly stick to V4 UV's since it leaves the door open to do a lot more stuff more easily. I've heard some complaints that V4 UV's have issues on genesis but I haven't noticed.

If women needed another UV set it would be for voluptuous women with large tops and bottoms. We don't need a ton of UV's for women with similar builds.

if Daz wants to crank out more UV's they should call out why they made a new one. For example V5 UV's dedicate more space for her boobs, and A5 UV's give more real estate for her head.

it's not the end of the world like I said, because in truth I just don't see PA's using the other UV systems.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

That´s probably because in the past months we have learnt (or rather DAZ taught us the hard way) that when something mysterious appears in DAZ store/forum, then it is most likely something we won´t like or something that will go wrong. If it is a sale, then we´ll get wrong prices, cart won´t work etc. If it is a new set of rules, then the rules will not be explained properly, or will be explained in such a way that we misunderstand them. And if it is a website switch to new software, then it will be a nightmare for months.

Sure, most of the bugs that we encountered since the Magento switch are now gone, but the bad aftertaste still remains and memory of the problems we experienced is still vivid. Also, there have been several changes recently which caused upheaval and upset members (like banning of commercial posts of non-DAZ content makers, changes in PC/value category, freebies now free only with purchase or with valid PC membership, etc.).

Sadly, all this changed the mindsets of members from "I am looking forward to what enticing and funny new things they have planned for us" to "Oh God, what a disaster will happen next time?" So no wonder that people here distrust any such vague promo...

Yep, exactly! You expressed my feelings really well! Now I must close my eyes to all the games and just look at the product and the price and decide if it's worth it to me to pay the amount they're asking for it right here and now.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Hope Friday isn't too late cause don't have the funds until then.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

azoohouse said:

Yep, exactly! You expressed my feelings really well! Now I must close my eyes to all the games and just look at the product and the price and decide if it's worth it to me to pay the amount they're asking for it right here and now.

Guess I've been lucky - most of this stuff has swung in my favour by way of glitch sales. Haven't had too many disasters inflicted upon me, other than the untimely demise of my wishlist and some downtime on the site. Ah well. Hope you all find happiness.