Where exactly to get Shader Mixer for old Daz 3.0?

GiichilGiichil Posts: 36
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I see a few tutorials out there with this thing that's supposed to be in View->Tabs.
But it's not in my Daz 3.0
(I'm wary of getting Daz4 because of all I have seen about CTDs, slow renders and corrupted at 99% renders)
(Or just call me paranoid)

Anyway, I did search the marketplace for Shader Mixer and only a free tutorial is provided.
Where can I download the actual Shader Mixer for Daz 3.0?

Post edited by Giichil on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

It's built into DS3, but you need to have an Advanced serial to be able to use it.

• GiichilGiichil Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

^Where can I buy an advanced serial? I noticed everyone says you need "Daz advanced" but I can't find it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DS3A is no longer for sale, it has been replaced by DS4P.

The only people who can help you with that are Support, try dropping them a line or two, Help > Contact Us at the top of the forum.

• GiichilGiichil Posts: 36
    edited February 2013

Wait a minute.. I think I have it but it's not in the right directory?
    Check this out after I updated my Daz content menu..
    But I've done the search throughout my entire Studio3 folder.
    Now I'm even more confused.

Edit: Nothing's showing up from the content menu for the Shader Mixer regions though.

Shader_Mixer.jpg
    146 x 251 - 10K
    Post edited by Giichil on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Giichil said:
    Wait a minute.. I think I have it but it's not in the right directory?
    Check this out after I updated my Daz content menu..
    But I've done the search throughout my entire Studio3 folder.
    Now I'm even more confused.

Edit: Nothing's showing up from the content menu for the Shader Mixer regions though.

Scenes and presets are usable without the full Shader Mixer being active...you just can't edit or create any new items. If I recall, you had a 30 day 'trial' where editing was allowed, without having Advanced. That's how the scenes got there...they will still work, but you can't edit the shaders, without entering the 3 Advanced serial number.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Giichil said:
    I see a few tutorials out there with this thing that's supposed to be in View->Tabs.
    But it's not in my Daz 3.0
    (I'm wary of getting Daz4 because of all I have seen about CTDs, slow renders and corrupted at 99% renders)
    (Or just call me paranoid)

Anyway, I did search the marketplace for Shader Mixer and only a free tutorial is provided.
    Where can I download the actual Shader Mixer for Daz 3.0?

ShaderMixer in 3 is the beta version. There were many changes since then and it has now come out of beta.

I have been using the latest version of ds4.5 and personally wouldn't go back to 3 if someone offered to pay me. Each to there own but IMHO if you want to play with ShaderMixer you would be better off with ds4.