AIKO 5 and March Madness

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Ledhead said:
    I noticed everything changed from 51% to 30%.

Did you log out or get logged out?

I bought the pro bundle and I still see the 51% if I am logged in.

I am logged in.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited February 2013

Are you still in Platinum Club, Ledhead? Your profile says "member". If you should be a PC member instead, hop to message Zendesk ASAP.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Are you still in Platinum Club, Ledhead? Your profile says "member". If you should be a PC member instead, hop to message Zendesk ASAP.

Wow, that's just great. I got charged for my new membership twice and yes you are correct, I am no longer a member. So I guess one way to get out of being a member is pay DAZ $140.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry to hear that you got trouble there, Ledhead. :( Zendesk time, it seems. :(

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

So has anyone seen any actual details of this promotion yet? I have had the Pro bundle sitting in my cart all day, but I want to know the actual details of the promotion before I throw down $50.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    So has anyone seen any actual details of this promotion yet? I have had the Pro bundle sitting in my cart all day, but I want to know the actual details of the promotion before I throw down $50.

Likewise chum :)

Daz have been keeping quiet about it! Although admittedly they are all no doubt working their little behinds off. The working day isn't over yet in Utah so fingers crossed we'll find out more details yet :)

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

I agree!!! Depending on the actual details of the promo, I'd be very tempted to purchase today (and add the M5 pro bundle), but without knowing what it is we actually get, I'm more inclined to wait (with me - that usually means until it goes on a can't pass on it sale).

Don't they realize that a lot people actually like to know what they are getting before they buy???

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    MadisonXF said:

I agree!!! Depending on the actual details of the promo, I'd be very tempted to purchase today (and add the M5 pro bundle), but without knowing what it is we actually get, I'm more inclined to wait (with me - that usually means until it goes on a can't pass on it sale).

Don't they realize that a lot people actually like to know what they are getting before they buy???

Sometimes I wonder if they understand customer behaviour. I would buy this but unless Daz clear up what we're getting I'll probably wait until the 75% off sale.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    dustrider said:
    MadisonXF said:

Sometimes I wonder if they understand customer behaviour. I would buy this but unless Daz clear up what we're getting I'll probably wait until the 75% off sale.

Yes! Despite Daz's announced intention a year ago that prices would be lowered across the board and the frequent discounting would cease, the opposite seems to have happened, and sales are now like buses! But that's not a complaint since there have been many terrific bargains in the store. It just would be nice to know in advance :)

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:

Yes! Despite Daz's announced intention a year ago that prices would be lowered across the board and the frequent discounting would cease, the opposite seems to have happened, and sales are now like buses! But that's not a complaint since there have been many terrific bargains in the store. It just would be nice to know in advance :)

I agree. An across the board price drop would be nice, too, but constant sales is just fine if only we knew when they begin and end and how much we're going to save. It takes a lot of time just to calculate how much "35%+ an additional 15% for items y if you buy item x" as it is! Knowing how much time I have to take advantage of it or when they actually happen would certainly make things easier. It just doesn't make sense for a company to make things harder for the people who buy their stuff. :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    Dr Stupid said:

I agree. An across the board price drop would be nice, too, but constant sales is just fine if only we knew when they begin and end and how much we're going to save. It takes a lot of time just to calculate how much "35%+ an additional 15% for items y if you buy item x" as it is! Knowing how much time I have to take advantage of it or when they actually happen would certainly make things easier. It just doesn't make sense for a company to make things harder for the people who buy their stuff. :coolhmm:

Well said.

It has been over 24 hours since the promotion started and still no clarification? Seriously, Daz?

edited December 1969

Fortunately I'm pretty good at math(s) so the compound percentages don't really bother me! And I'm happy with frequent sales and offers, since there are some great savings to be had, and the 30 day return policy has everyone covered. That's still one of the things that sets Daz above other brokers. But simply saying "Buy now and save later" just confuses the heck out of me and raises more questions, like "how much can we save. on what can we save, and under what terms and conditions can we save?"!

Unfortunately there only appear to be three of us asking for clarification so Daz probably don't view responding as a pressing urgency. However, constant whining sometimes yields results here, so let's keep whining on the off chance :lol:

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

I would love to know what we would be saving if we bought her... I have put her in my cart 3 times now and taken her back out.. Some clarification would be nice.

edited December 1969

I've already purchased it so I don't believe my whine would count, but I'll give it a go anyway:

WHINE ... WHINE ... WHINE

Maybe that will help.

Yep it helped. Someone informed me that if you purchase Aiko 5 then the entire store will be free next month.

(The above statement is nothing but a made of story of evil lies in the attempt to piss everyone off)

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited February 2013

Ledhead said:
    I've already purchased it so I don't believe my whine would count, but I'll give it a go anyway:

WHINE ... WHINE ... WHINE

Maybe that will help.

Yep it helped. Someone informed me that if you purchase Aiko 5 then the entire store will be free next month.

(The above statement is nothing but a made of story of evil lies in the attempt to piss everyone off)

If that actually happened, Aiko 5 would be selling kajillions. Heck, I'd buy it even if I can't use it!

Of course, the site might crash from all the concurrent downloads. And then next month DAZ would be broke. But they would have sold Kajillions! %-P

Post edited by Servant on
    edited December 1969

I've put in a support ticket to find out what exactly the MM deal is. I've also asked how long it's on sale for. Will let you know if I get a reply before the sale disappears.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

DAZ has a 30 day return policy. Buy it if you're even halfway interested, and take a chance for four days. If the added benefit isn't enough, get yourself a refund.

edited December 1969

DAZ has a 30 day return policy. Buy it if you're even halfway interested, and take a chance for four days. If the added benefit isn't enough, get yourself a refund.

That is all well and good, but it doesn't explain or excuse vague promotions like this one.

There is no good reason (for the customer) for Daz to promote vague sales like this one. It just creates uncertainty for the customer for no gain.

edited December 1969

No. I don't see why I should. If Daz wants me to buy something they can explain properly. In any case I'll lose money on any refund given way the exchange rate is dropping like a stone. Besides if people use the refund policy like that too often I can see Daz removing it.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    BorgyB said:
    Dr Stupid said:

Well said.

It has been over 24 hours since the promotion started and still no clarification? Seriously, Daz?

I started a thread asking for information in the PC thread (mostly for the end date of the promotion) and my thread was locked for no reason and I was told to write to support. What good does that do when you can't load the stupid Zendesk site half the time anyway and nobody ever gets assigned to your tickets and responds? :(

This information should be available on the site like it always had been before, and a thread should have been started in The Commons like they always did providing information.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking of it like a "teaser" - similar to the "grab bags" that other store occasionally does. "Spend this much and you'll get one of these products free - free product is assigned arbitrarily" .

It's telling us that March Madness is on its way - and anyone who's been around for one of those know how crazy low some of the prices can get - so it's teasing us by saying that if we buy Aiko 5 NOW, you'll get some nice extra discounts on March Madness products.....

If you're not interested in Aiko 5 at all, not interested in any of the clothing or poses or hair, then don't buy her. Simple. Her price isn't going to drop any lower - she's not going to be any cheaper during MM (products less than 60 days old are generally not included) - and she more than likely won't end up in a big sale for quite a long while yet.

It's a teaser, with the added bonus of reminding us that MM is on it's way. I was curious at first but ONLY because when I purchased her, I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing out on some discount or extra that had to be put in the cart at the same time - that the MM discount thing wasn't something that needed to be done there and then. But it's been a couple of days now, so I'm safely assuming that whatever that discount is, hasn't happened yet.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The point is will the MM discount be different depending on if you buy A5 base, regular bundle or the pro bundle? That is the real question many of us are wondering. As well as will the sale end before March first when PC members also get a coupon to help with the cost? Saying “Buy Today” clearly did not mean a single day sale--which has happened here a lot. So does it mean on sale a week, more or less than that? Another recent sale was only a few days. It is basic information as customers we are looking for, not a yank around ‘tease’.

Cheers

edited December 1969

I have a reply from my support ticket basically they don't have an end date to the sale yet. The MM thing is a discount on MM items- I was wondering if it was some kind of coupon/voucher. Hope that helps someone else.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, anikad.

Cheers :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Hasn't anyone actually from DAZ officially chipped in on any of these "what's the deal" questions scattered all over the forums? I'm interested in A5, I want to give DAZ money, but until I know a detail or three I won't buy.

Saying "it'll be great!!!" isn't enough.

Saying "just get a refund in a few days" if the deal isn't what we thought it was is not acceptable — not with the ongoing fiasco of PC membership renewal as an example.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

No. I don't see why I should. If Daz wants me to buy something they can explain properly. In any case I'll lose money on any refund given way the exchange rate is dropping like a stone. Besides if people use the refund policy like that too often I can see Daz removing it.

Your choice. I'm not really a fan of the vague system either... but in the end, even if you think voting with your wallet is worth it, you miss out too.

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

I filed a support ticket asking about the "buy today" and the savings. This is the reply that I received.

Britney, Feb 26 15:36 (MST):
    The savings will be announced when March Madness has begun. All we will say until then is that having purchased Aiko beforehand will apply further discounts to your March Madness purchases.
    :roll:

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

Well, I grabbed the pro bundle already, and would have even without the added MM discounts. Those will just be a bonus for me as long as things I want and can use are released during MM. The vague explanations definitely are annoying though.

edited December 1969

anikad said:

Your choice. I'm not really a fan of the vague system either... but in the end, even if you think voting with your wallet is worth it, you miss out too.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This is just a hobby for me. I have a very limited income so I don't consider it to be missing out to not buy something that is essentially non-essential. There'll be another sale. There always is.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    If you don't want Aiko 5, do not buy it because there will be a discount on MM items. Knowing that you get an additional (making this up!) 10% off MM items is meaningless if you don't know what items will be released during MM and whether you'll want them, which you very definitely won't know.

If you want Aiko 5, 51% off is a great price. Yes, in 3-6 months I'm sure there'll be a sale where you can get her at ~65% off (for PC members) but if you care to do renders with her now (as I do), then buying it now is worth it. You pay an 'opportunity cost' by not buying it now. It's similar to the ever-decreasing price of hard drives; yes, if I wait 6 months I can get the same drive for probably $25-$50 less, but I don't get to USE it for that 6 months.

If you want Aiko 5, buy it now, and enjoy the extra discount if it happens to be on March Madness items that you want.

I cannot understand why a possible discount on items that you might or might not want, and might or might not be able to afford, would have a deep effect on whether you purchase an item you don't want.

Best of luck!

-- Morgan