[Released!] EcVh0's People - Katarina HD For Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
edited August 2017 in The Commons
Looking for directions? You will find it here! :D

• What is EcVh0 People and what is it about: Page 2
  • (Coming Soon) EcVh0's People First Character - Katarina HD for Genesis 8 Female WIP and Previews: Page 1-3
  • (In Planning) EcVh0's People Second Character - Beth HD for Genesis 8 Female WIP and Previews
  • (In Planning) EcVh0's People Third Character - Sophia HD for Genesis 8 Female WIP and Previews

Anyways, Hello everyone :D

After years of stealthy forum reading, occasionally putting up decent shader products, I feel like I must resurface after G/V8's release with the new Iray! The new render engine and V8's skin gave me so much inspiration and I literally became obsessed with it (someone help me) and decide make my first ever character!

It's time to throw away how we been doing skin in Iray for the past years!!

Here I present... the WIP face with no eyes, no ears and... no lips yes

but most importantly --- No diffuse map! Yes, no diffuse map! customized based on My Iray skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female

EcVh0's People

So.. what is EcVh0's People?
EcVh0 People is a series of characters, each designed to their unique look, characteristics and background, taking a different approach towards the current meaning of a "character" in Daz3d. It focuses on the simple things that could happen with one single person in the real world, and provides options for us to create this person at this particular time of the story line.

For example:

• Instead of giving different skin color options, the character will possibly have choices of body type to choose from - If she decides to become a body builder, she will have a fit body, or if she decides to have pizza everyday and not moving at all, then she will have a chubby body.
  • Or instead of applying only a few options of lip stick color, the character can choose whatever the hell color she wants, without any limitations

And there is a few more things that might come into this series, in particular a possibility for each character to have their full life (From Teen to Elder) packed into options you can choose from - if you want a teenage her, or if want a mature her, or an old her

The first character of the series - Katarina - is now being developed as you can see, which will be followed by two more in planning

Post edited by EcVh0 on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited June 2017

Looks quite nice. I've been thinking of going to a site I was told about to go buy what they called 'microtextures' of human people. However, the prices were like $125 a set! I may still buy a set each of male & female (because of difference in hair and pore size, development and distribution) and use those as a guide to creating a method to making my own unique library of materials/surfaces presets I can mix and match seemlessly.

There is also a free female microtexture out there at a research labs in the University of California system that is free. They I believe have just completed a male microtexture set too. They used much more than visible light to contruct these texture sets. That is the route I will probably take and try my hand at creating appropriate, variable and tilable human skin PBR materials/textures library this winter even though I'm pretty confident such pre-prepared PBR libraries will eventually be offered for sale by more experienced and better equipped professional businesses.

You are right though, the old way of doing human textures and other textures will be, in my opinion, superceded by a purchasable, or maybe free, comprehensive seemless and tilable PBR library. There are likely to be multpiple available of both free & purchasable PBR libraries. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

There's also procedural approaches that can help with certain elements.

I agree. I think to render in a decent amount of time and to be tilable and 'accurate with natural random variance' when those 'microtextures' are manipulated one's going to need some of the techniques used in your shaders.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am glad to see someone start with the skin of G/V8, it is going to be great to see your progress as you get it done EcVh0!!

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

Looks quite nice. I've been thinking of going to a site I was told about to go buy what they called 'microtextures' of human people. However, the prices were like $125 a set! I may still buy a set each of male & female (because of difference in hair and pore size, development and distribution) and use those as a guide to creating a method to making my own unique library of materials/surfaces presets I can mix and match seemlessly.

You are right though, the old way of doing human textures and other textures will be, in my opinion, superceded by a purchasable, or maybe free, comprehensive seemless and tilable PBR library. There are likely to be multpiple available of both free & purchasable PBR libraries. 

Yeah microtextures are rare and they are ridiculously expensive! I guess it is always the best to just start everything from scratch by references, but it takes forever to go to actual photo like details.

The current way of doing skin is basically using diffuse map to paint the main texture, translucency (some doesn't even have that) to add skin color variation/details, then bump/normal/displacement to add details on the skin. I think the fact to have relatively low resolution figures makes it nearly impossible to manually add microdetails in other softwares as morphs.

And I guess not everyone is up for realistic renders, there are still comic makers, and others who doesn't have the hardware to do anything graphic heavy things, hopefully the people that are after realistic renders will try to grow together rather than making postworks in photoshop (no offense)

There is also a free female microtexture out there at a research labs in the University of California system that is free. They I believe have just completed a male microtexture set too. They used much more than visible light to contruct these texture sets. That is the route I will probably take and try my hand at creating appropriate, variable and tilable human skin PBR materials/textures library this winter even though I'm pretty confident such pre-prepared PBR libraries will eventually be offered for sale by more experienced and better equipped professional businesses.

And ever since you said that, I've been looking through google trying to find that and can't find it anywhere... maybe only the students there can get it?

edited June 2017

I am glad to see someone start with the skin of G/V8, it is going to be great to see your progress as you get it done EcVh0!!

I'm releasing a skin shader with my "general" version of a new way of making skins soon ;) hope you all will like it

And I'm currently half way of making my first character - Katarina, applying this new way of making human skin :) Haven't done much test as I'm still tweaking here and there but I like her a lot!

(By the way, are you allowed to post "nude" test photos with default A pose?)

07-ecvh0-iray-skin-shader-for-genesis-8-females-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 744K
    Katarina try 2.png
    1900 x 1900 - 5M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Nice so far!  Ah, no.  No nudes at all are allowed via the TOS we all stand by in the forums.  

Nice so far!  Ah, no.  No nudes at all are allowed via the TOS we all stand by in the forums.  

Cool :) thanks for letting me know :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

You're very welcome!

Looks nice, I will be interested.

edited July 2017

Butt time! Anyone want some close up butt? laugh

Another test shot at her skin I'm developing!

Katarina Sporty Body Butt Shot.png
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on

Looks nice, I will be interested.

Thanks :D Theres a lot more to just what I have right now :P

OK thanks.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

They look great for photoreal renders.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2017
    EcVh0 said:

(By the way, are you allowed to post "nude" test photos with default A pose?)

Most PAs who want to show nude renders use DeviantArt and link to their DA account (often in their signatures). Sometimes it is important for customers to see exactly what they are buying.

By the way - I'm not quite getting the concept here. How are you applying textures? Just as shaders? I'm a bit lost wondering how that works.

Post edited by marble on
    nDelphi said:

They look great for photoreal renders.

Thanks buddy!

marble said:

Most PAs who want to show nude renders use DeviantArt and link to their DA account (often in their signatures). Sometimes it is important for customers to see exactly what they are buying.

Ah! Great idea, thanks for that :D Haven't used my DA for like, forever tho blush

By the way - I'm not quite getting the concept here. How are you applying textures? Just as shaders? I'm a bit lost wondering how that works.

Okay yeah em, I'm not being very clear in this thread haha, Katarina is the new character I'm working on, currently at skin testing stage, the shader itself is based on My Iray skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female but the texture is fully customized for even better details and realism! Hope that makes a bit more sense laugh

I will post up what "EcVh0 People" Series is about, hopefully later today or tomorrow so, stay tuned wink

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    EcVh0 said:
    marble said:

Ah! Great idea, thanks for that :D Haven't used my DA for like, forever tho blush

Okay yeah em, I'm not being very clear in this thread haha, Katarina is the new character I'm working on, currently at skin testing stage, the shader itself is based on My Iray skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female but the texture is fully customized for even better details and realism! Hope that makes a bit more sense laugh

I will post up what "EcVh0 People" Series is about, hopefully later today or tomorrow so, stay tuned wink

Thanks - awaiting developments with interest and looking forward to your renders on DA when you revive your account. Do your shaders work on G3 or only G8?

marble said:
    EcVh0 said:
    marble said:

Thanks - awaiting developments with interest and looking forward to your renders on DA when you revive your account. Do your shaders work on G3 or only G8?

It should be able to work on both with UV set to "base female"

it had a default SSS texture so if you want your own skin detail you might need to do a tiny bit of replacement work - replacing image and change one parameter to be exact :)

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

Looks great!

Please include a no brows option so we can use the Victoria 8 eyebrows.

bohlien said:

Looks great!

Will do! Working on it right now :)

edited July 2017

been tweaking her skin for the whole night today... didn't get a chance to right up what EcVh0 People is about crying

I guess I will work on that tomorrow wink

Katarina Portrait 01.png
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

That is outstanding!  I'm not surprised you wanted to spend all day with her.  wink

stuthurso said:

That is outstanding!  I'm not surprised you wanted to spend all day with her.  wink

Haha thank you! I actually really didn't feel tired or sick of her after this long day! laugh

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507
    EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

Looks great!

Thank you :-)

How long do we need to wait?

bohlien said:

EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

Looks great!

Thank you :-)

How long do we need to wait?

I have finished up the no brow option! There are still lots to add tho, so it might take awhile but I will post updates here everyday :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    EcVh0 said:

been tweaking her skin for the whole night today... didn't get a chance to right up what EcVh0 People is about crying

Is she just a shape/morph preset? It looks like you're using the base G8F skin texture.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

is this the same resource you used for G2f ?

EcVh0 said:

Is she just a shape/morph preset? It looks like you're using the base G8F skin texture.

No actually she is a full character set - or more than one character set (details follows later wink)

There are some similarity with the G8F texture because I kinda like the details and created her based on it, and she doesn't actually have a diffuse texture! laugh

Ruphuss said:

is this the same resource you used for G2f ?

Emm sorry?