What I would like in the G8 Supersuit

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited March 2018 in Product Suggestions

I want a suite of 4 to 5 supersuits all created to work together in layers with different material zones.

I would like material zones to be as as diverse as the original DAZ Supersuit for Genesis but with different material zone placement on each to emulate several different costume layers.

Three of the suits would be made with different UV templates to offer alternatives for hard to make costumes.

Each individual suit can be used multiple times if needed and an expansion morph can make the suit bigger or smaller so that it can be the next "layer" up or down.

Each set should also have a slew of morphs as the original had to smooth areas such as the buttocks or cleavage and also have enough morphs to give three or four wrinkle options in the most likely areas to wrinkle.

Several additions will be added including belt and super boots and mini skirt.

Capes need a special set of options, not only length, but also geo-grafted collar styles (Dr Strange-type, Dr Fate-Type, etc) that match along with a set of hoods. Capes also need a set of material zones for different materials such as piping, trim, inner lining, etc

Geo-grafted cowls which offer a different set of styles (Batman open face, full face mask, etc)

P.S. Joe Quick should be hired and paid well for his efforst as product director. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on

Comments

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Good transferrability between male and female.  This might just mean UV maps matching on similar suits for F and M.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2017
    Ostadan said:

Good transferrability between male and female.  This might just mean UV maps matching on similar suits for F and M.

I could get behind that.

Do you think it would be too much to ask for a super-hero category in the DAZ store considering other than the costumes and tights, almost every other category could be made into super-hero stuff?

And maybe a few suits with alternate UV's and no material zones. The alternate UV's could offer different options for costumes parts.

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

We also need realistic armor, and material zones that actually pay attention to actual comic book characters, not what we've had in the past. also cloaks that wrap around like batmans, and actual symbols, that are weapons, that are usable. as 3d objects. the tim drake robin, could throw his R symbol like a batarang.

edited July 2017
    Elspath said:

We also need realistic armor, and material zones that actually pay attention to actual comic book characters, not what we've had in the past. also cloaks that wrap around like batmans, and actual symbols, that are weapons, that are usable. as 3d objects. the tim drake robin, could throw his R symbol like a batarang.

Many of the weapons and all the logos are trademarked so those could not be made for a commercial product but maybe as a free thing on ShareCG but I woulod love a cloak that wraps around the figure. If you have not had the opportunity yet, I would suggest looking for Mightymite's stuff at the OTHER place (Rendo). Some great stuff for G3M and G3F, herowise. :)

• Decent capes are always good, in the two main styles - the fasten at throat type, like the current super-capes,. and the fasten-at-shoulders type like the Morpheus figure cape. The later is very rare.

Also: make belts, gloves, boots, trunks, etc - seperate things rather than the silly-looking HD morphs. Nobody is fooled by that.

edited July 2017

I would also love more material zones. I would love one to be divided down the middle in addition to all the separate areas.

Also an assortment of different masks like they had in the original supersuit set but for G8 would be awesome as well. :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited August 2017

A high quality template guide would be a must for me.

Post edited by jestmart on
    jestmart said:

A high quality template guide would be a must for me.

/Agreed! :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I would like lots of material zones because i want to do fan art of Marvel & DC heros & villians in the comics I read growing up.

I would like lots of material zones because i want to do fan art of Marvel & DC heros & villians in the comics I read growing up.

/Agreed, though I would love to see maybe three suits with many differing zones that could be used in layers for just that reason. :)

Hey, hey! We got G8M out pretty early. I hope someone is working on this. :)

• I'm looking forward to the next "supersuit" and hopefully its like the Genesis one since some other ones never got the support of all the varations like troopers/fantasy/sci-fi... with all the technology updates the new one should be brilliant... I'm still using the Genesis one even now.

cune4b.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 656K
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

Definitely want several suits with multiple material zones. I'm terrible at painting on a template.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited August 2017

I would like the suits to have different meshes for bracelets, shoulder shields/shoulderpatches, hats/hoods/eyepatchs/masks with tunneable morphs. Something wider and beyond old supersuits, with crowns/hats,hoods with ears, and different bracelet/necklace with two or more positions for simmetry and assimmetric looks.

I am specially interested on supersuits with crowns/helmets/hats with enough variation on morphs for sci-fi, fantasy and superhero Also I am very interested on shoulders and abdomen customizable morphs with sliders to go from riddick chronicles or gladiator to dragon ball saiyan looks, before texturing.

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
    edited August 2017

I'm looking forward to the next "supersuit" and hopefully its like the Genesis one since some other ones never got the support of all the varations like troopers/fantasy/sci-fi... with all the technology updates the new one should be brilliant... I'm still using the Genesis one even now.

Me too, if for no other reason than fitting it to a figure, making it invisible, fitting the clothes to the supersuit,  and selectively using morphs in the suit to manipulate the clothing.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,257
    edited August 2017

I love the Genesis Supersuit, I am still using it on G1, G2 and G3, and I would appreciate a G8 version very much. The 'old' Supersuit has a large variety of outfits and shaders - not only Superhero themed - and this is what a G8 version should also have.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • VueiyVueiy Posts: 515
    caravelle said:

I love the Genesis Supersuit, I am still using it on G1, G2 and G3, and I would appreciate a G8 version very much. The 'old' Supersuit has a large variety of outfits and shaders - not only Superhero themed - and this is what a G8 version should also have.

I think that one's my favorite, too.  The only thing is, if there are too many material zones, it can be rather tedious to select every single little seam section (trust me, I just had to do that and wanted to pull my hair out).  Given the more recent material zone options, where you can select a group or the individual zones, it might be good to integrate that into the new supersuit.  For example, instead of "seam a-b2" (the ones on the G1 Supersuit are labeled similar to that), you might have that specific mat zone, then a group that automatically selects all the seams along the border of sections a-1 through a-10 to sections b-1 through b-10, if that makes sense.  Similarly, a group that selects sections a-1 through a-10, and another group that selects b-1 through b-10, and another group that selects all arm sections (sections and seams), and so on.

Vueiy said:
    caravelle said:

I think that one's my favorite, too.  The only thing is, if there are too many material zones, it can be rather tedious to select every single little seam section (trust me, I just had to do that and wanted to pull my hair out).  Given the more recent material zone options, where you can select a group or the individual zones, it might be good to integrate that into the new supersuit.  For example, instead of "seam a-b2" (the ones on the G1 Supersuit are labeled similar to that), you might have that specific mat zone, then a group that automatically selects all the seams along the border of sections a-1 through a-10 to sections b-1 through b-10, if that makes sense.  Similarly, a group that selects sections a-1 through a-10, and another group that selects b-1 through b-10, and another group that selects all arm sections (sections and seams), and so on.

I don't have a problem with the number of zones so much as the placement on them. There were a lot, which is good, but having a large number with "pre-selected areas" as you mentioned would be ideal. :)

Something close to the last Genesis 3 Supersuit would be good but better organization and more zones. If it were possible to somehow pre-choose certain zones to color instead of individually selecting them, that would be ideal.

Here is 3DWizard material zone guide and I think this is a great place to start WITH THE EXCEPTION of a split needed right down the middle. I LOVED this suit but I would love to see a version both for female AND male.

So.... any headway on this? :)

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

I haven't heard anything. But then again, I'm under NDA, so I wouldn't be able to say even if I knew. wink

Back story time - the original Supersuit's creator moved on and wasn't around to make the second iteration. Some design changes were made because it was felt that the original Supersuit had too many mat zones (not all of us PAs bemoaned the amount. In fact, I'm one that loves having a lot of mat zone options.) But the way the suit had been designed, it did make it difficult (and made extra work) for add-on textures. 

That being said, given certain constraints, I think the second Supersuit looked good (despite the fact that it didn't have as many mat zone options.) I will agree with you that it would have been nice to have extras like boots, gloves, etc., that weren't just HD morphs on the suit. But to be fair, we were just given the tools to make HD morphs for our products, and the second Supersuit was an exploration in that vein.

I, like you, hope that there's a Supersuit for the Genesis 8 crowd. And I'm hoping that IF there's going to be a new version, that we'll see more support from the PAs (because I loved how much support the original Supersuit got - but a lot of that came from the original designer.) But there's a lot of factors that go into PA supporting one product over another. Add-on sets traditionally tend to not sell as well as the base product. So, that's a factor. But we'll have to see.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

The thing which lacked in the second suit was the chest area zone where an emblem could go. One really needs a very easy way of adding a basic symbol such as Superman’s big s to the area but the way the last suit mapped made it nearly impossible.

The thing which lacked in the second suit was the chest area zone where an emblem could go. One really needs a very easy way of adding a basic symbol such as Superman’s big s to the area but the way the last suit mapped made it nearly impossible.

I REALLY like the way the symbol was done with Captain Charisma. It was an additional layer OVER the main suit with tranparency to handle any area NOT the emblem. It was sheer genius on the part of 3D Universe. :)

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited February 2018

I think all those material zones are kind of pretty :D  I was little a disappoint that DAZ didn't show more what it could do right out of the box.

The design philosophy really comes down to how the suit is going to be used.  I didn't design my suits to be use specifically for super heroes, though they could be, but for more general use.  Given the number of material zones on the UltraSuit I would now do it a tittle differently by grouping them in DS similar to what is done with the figures.  Might make it easier to use.

Post edited by the3dwizard on

I think all those material zones are kind of pretty :D  I was little a disappoint that DAZ didn't show more what it could do right out of the box.

The design philosophy really comes down to how the suit is going to be used.  I didn't design my suits to be use specifically for super heroes, though they could be, but for more general use.  Given the number of material zones on the UltraSuit I would now do it a tittle differently by grouping them in DS similar to what is done with the figures.  Might make it easier to use.

I would love to see a male and female suit for G3M/G3F/G8M/G8F. With autofit, once it was made, you could modify it for each one. 

I can't stress to you how much I would love to be able to work with ONE SIDE of  a zone WITHOUT messing up the other side. Thanks for thec onversation regarding the matter. :)

edited March 2018

3dWizard? Knowing what you know now, how would you group them now that would be different?