Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}

124»

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

No word. There is an open bug report and I've asked about it. I was told they were updating things based on release date but Axel's generation is long past.

I've already got ancient DAZ items like Serpentallica and Dorpodon so I know they're getting to older stuff now, and they seem to have bypassed Axel.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited February 2013

No word. There is an open bug report and I've asked about it. I was told they were updating things based on release date but Axel's generation is long past.

I've already got ancient DAZ items like Serpentallica and Dorpodon so I know they're getting to older stuff now, and they seem to have bypassed Axel.

It is hard to tell what exactly is the matter with Axel.

The original bug report created on 2012-10-25 was closed last friday 2013-02-24 00:12 and marked as duplicate:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48259

A new bug report was created on 2013-02-23 16:34:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49553

- - -

The usual practice with bug reports was that the NEW ones are marked as duplicate and the old one remains.

At the moment I have no clue if this means that the original duplicate ID error was fixed and now there are new other issues.
    At least in my DIM version Axel still cannot be downloaded as well. So it is hard to tell on what version the new bug report is based...

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I'd try and fix it yourself with the info provided. I've swerved the DIM and will continue to do so till we no longer have a choice but to use it.

CHEERS!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I want to install everything through DIM I like knowing what's installed, what's no,t any updates necessary, so easy to install and uninstall files...hoefully Axel will show up soon

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I want to install everything through DIM I like knowing what's installed, what's no,t any updates necessary, so easy to install and uninstall files...hoefully Axel will show up soon

Seems everything is fixed now.

Was able to download the core version for DS4.5 with the DIM.

edited December 1969

Does fixed include the neck!?

CHEERS!

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

I finally got a email that the bug report I put in for Axel M5 has been closed and it's now showing up in DIM.
    Duplicate IDs seems to be fixed, and the missing Icon (generic) for Axel in smart content.
    Not sure about the neck issue, in Daz Studio 4.5 i didn't see the problem.

edited December 1969

Maybe it is then,

I don't need to download him again as I fixed everything manually.

CHEERS!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

I love Axel, for me your best model ever! I reluctantly bought him because Santo isn't half price yet, and I am so happy I did! Not only is he gorgeous, his skin tone is awesome for so many nationalities and the morphs are just incredible. I love the short guys. I really needed those. I like to make more ordinary-looking people as opposed to glamorous and there is a lot to work with here with both bodies and faces! Thank you!

I also have Braxton, Gabriella, and Ryuu. They are all pretty cool. I bought the Tweens today and haven't tried them yet.

:-) :cheese: :lol:

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    I love Axel, for me your best model ever! I reluctantly bought him because Santo isn't half price yet, and I am so happy I did! Not only is he gorgeous, his skin tone is awesome for so many nationalities and the morphs are just incredible. I love the short guys. I really needed those. I like to make more ordinary-looking people as opposed to glamorous and there is a lot to work with here with both bodies and faces! Thank you!

I also have Braxton, Gabriella, and Ryuu. They are all pretty cool. I bought the Tweens today and haven't tried them yet.

Well make sure you grab Wagner while he's on sale (if you haven't already). I like Axel too, but I think the next guy out is going to make Axel jealous.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Well make sure you grab Wagner while he's on sale (if you haven't already). I like Axel too, but I think the next guy out is going to make Axel jealous.

I agree - I hadn't bought any of your stuff before this week (though had admired many of your posts in forums) but picked up Axel the other day and liked it so much I got Braxton too. I like the way you provide so many slightly different heads/bodies that can be mixed and matched - really good value in that way. And yes, I plan to pick up Wagner too! Am also eyeing the Tweens...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Luci45 said:

I agree - I hadn't bought any of your stuff before this week (though had admired many of your posts in forums) but picked up Axel the other day and liked it so much I got Braxton too. I like the way you provide so many slightly different heads/bodies that can be mixed and matched - really good value in that way. And yes, I plan to pick up Wagner too! Am also eyeing the Tweens...

I recommend the Tweens. Really great morphs - they look like a variety of real (junior-sized) people instead of big-eyed twerps (do we still use that word?)

Wagner is pretty tempting (and I was going to stop the Madness. ;-) )

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238
    edited December 1969

My quick render of Wagner...

wagner.jpg
    1264 x 1285 - 782K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

I had the legacy version of him installed. Got the Duplicate ID issue (running 4.5, most recent build.) I uninstalled the legacy version and and installed the new one through the DIM. Opened Studio. Same error. Went into file and SAW that the fix discussed was ALREADY THERE. (Go figure, the update actually should have fixed the problem.) I thought, Hmmm... I'll just remove the file being complained about by DS and see if the message goes away. Removed the file. Still got duplicate ID on a file that no longer existed. Uninstalled him again. Then, through my Windows browser, I did a "search" of my runtime and manually deleted ANY reference to "Axel." Restarted DS. Same error. I was now getting a duplicate ID on a file that wasn't there and a character who no longer existed. I even checked all my OTHER runtimes for Axel files. None existed. I had to reinstall Studio and reinstall the new version of Axel through the DIM to get Axel working and stop the duplicate ID message.

Pain in the butt, but he works now. :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited March 2013

Luci45 said:
    MelanieL said:
    Luci45 said:

I recommend the Tweens. Really great morphs - they look like a variety of real (junior-sized) people instead of big-eyed twerps (do we still use that word?)

Wagner is pretty tempting (and I was going to stop the Madness. ;-) )
    Well, I picked up both Wagner and the Tweens - I've been playing with Wagner a bit and here's one result (actually not pure Wagner but a little bit of Braxton and Cheng (Male-M3Dia freebie some time ago)
    ETA: Sorry, just realised this is really an Axel thread, so went a bit off-topic here. I'll try and do an Axel next to make up for it :red:

Wagner-Mix.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 420K
    Post edited by MelanieL on