Still waiting

167891012»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

Well, to me... Perhaps because I'm no photographer - obviously, I don't even have a camera. But the way her shin and clothes are shaded into a very realistic specular scatter, that appears absorbed into the cloth and skin - and the light matching the rest of the image - a total lack of the over perception layer and distance blending you'll see in many renders (which people used to try hard to create - now you still see it - but often by accident) by over shadowing, etc.,
    Like I said - first glance. I wouldn't change the render settings. It's those low pixel accuracy setting that really sell it. It proposes that someone likke me - some guy with a camera, but not at all a photographer, took a snap shot of his girl. The hair kinda gives it away, as does, to a much lesser extent, her non-relaxed finger bends - which I still like - heck, I can tell the hair is a model, but I still like it.
    Dude... That's a damn nice picture.
    I'm not going to copy it and show in the info thread with your permission, but I did link to it so it's not lost forever once the announcement DOES come, in Feb, 2222! lol

• 3dtoday3dtoday Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

evil producer said:
    I usually open the shader and de-saturate the colors myself. When I'm done (and if I remember ;-) ) I save the corrected shader back to the browser. I always replace the trunk shader as they invariably look like crap, except the ones that come with Howie's trees. Those are very nice.[

excellent Thanks! you sir are a genius,

question:

1 I know control + d, duplicates right? but is that a copy or can it be textured separately?

2 How do you save a corrected shader back to the browser?

{ yes I'm a newb! }

Post edited by 3dtoday on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited February 2013

3dtoday said:
    evil producer said:
    I usually open the shader and de-saturate the colors myself. When I'm done (and if I remember ;-) ) I save the corrected shader back to the browser. I always replace the trunk shader as they invariably look like crap, except the ones that come with Howie's trees. Those are very nice.[

excellent Thanks! you sir are a genius,

question:

1 I know control + d, duplicates right? but is that a copy or can it be textured separately?

2 How do you save a corrected shader back to the browser?

{ yes I'm a newb! }

You should be able to texture separately by dropping another shader on the domain, or creating a new master shader and applying it to the duplicate. Also, if you click on the shader that's already applied to the duplicate to open it, Carrara should ask you if you want to edit the master shader or create it's own instance, unless you've told Carrara not to ask you that anymore.

Edited to add:

The tree will have multiple shading domains. To save the entire shader for all domains, select the tree in the instances tray, select the shading tab at the top of the screen and drag and drop the multi-colored ball to the appropriate category in the Shader Browser. You will be asked to name it. If it's one you've edited and want to overwrite the original, then leave the default name the same. If you don't want to overwrite the original, then name it differently!

Picture_6.png
    411 x 115 - 17K
    Picture_5.png
    323 x 180 - 16K
    Picture_8.png
    1006 x 195 - 138K
    Picture_7.png
    256 x 748 - 42K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited February 2013

You should be able to texture separately by dropping another shader on the domain, or creating a new master shader and applying it to the duplicate. Also, if you click on the shader that's already applied to the duplicate to open it, Carrara should ask you if you want to edit the master shader or create it's own instance, unless you've told Carrara not to ask you that anymore

oh thankee.

I'm finding the HORROR now, of no auto save?! or is there?

I'm clicking on items in my scene to texture them. and sometimes it OPENS A NEW SCENE

but the original scene I'm working on seems to be LOST with all my hard work gone!!!!! { hopefully Im wrong
    and there is an auto save, ---and there is a friend --- and that original is somewhere caught in time? ! }

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

3dtoday said:

You should be able to texture separately by dropping another shader on the domain, or creating a new master shader and applying it to the duplicate. Also, if you click on the shader that's already applied to the duplicate to open it, Carrara should ask you if you want to edit the master shader or create it's own instance, unless you've told Carrara not to ask you that anymore

oh thankee.

I'm finding the HORROR now, of no auto save?! or is there?

I'm clicking on items in my scene to texture them. and sometimes it OPENS A NEW SCENE

but the original scene I'm working on seems to be LOST with all my hard work gone!!!!! { hopefully Im wrong
    and there is an auto save, ---and there is a God! --- and that original is somewhere caught in time? ! }

I've edited my post above with more info.

Are sure you're opening new scenes, or just jumping into a group or into another room, such as the vertex room? If you're jumping into a group, then you should see a jump out box somewhere in the border of your window. If you're in another room, try to select the Assembly room icon. If double clicked on an item in the Browser, it could open a new scene, in which case, close the window and your original scene should be below it. It won't close your scene until you tell it to.

edited December 1969

It won't close your scene until you tell it to.

Oh my gosh your right! It was there in the list!!!! Thankee.

I'm becoming a Carrara fan --- Next stop ----- my application for the cheerleading club!!!

edited December 1969

Just sign right... nope, the next one d.... yup, right there. Thanks

edited February 2013

No, darn, seems to have lost the work that time. hhhhmmmmm-- probably my bad - noob error.

But for the sake of the improving crowd:

Request list addition: Add a " + " in the save dialogue, for incremental save.

edited December 1969

ha!

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

3dtoday said:

ha!

Dude, he was deadly serious...you have been recruited. Training begin at oh-four-thirty tomorrow morning.

edited December 1969

See to it that nobody's late, Sir Gars Man! :smirk:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi 3dtoday :)

Carrara can have multiple scenes, open at the same time,. so,. you could copy assets from one scene to another, including their animation and shaders.

Check under the "Window" menu,.
    At the bottom of the menu,. you should see a list of the available scene windows (3D View of Doc 1)

double clicking a vertex model, or imported object will usually open that model in the vertex room.

Also look at the top of the screen and see if there's a "Jump Out" (blue button),. this appears when you double click a model inside a group, or inside an animated group

:)