DIM has nothing Ready to Download - Json parser error

MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

DIM suddenly stopped to work. It is showing nothing in Ready to Download pane. In the DIM's log I see a message about being unable to parse my products purchases. I am wondering if it is a glitch on the server side or at at my computer. I was unable to find on my computer some configuration file which hold my products purchases.

Are someone getting the same error?

+++++++++++++++ Install Manager 1.0.0.112 starting +++++++++++++++++
Platform bits: 32
Qt Version: 4.8.3
Locale: pt_BR
Running on Macintosh OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
Current DateTime:
Loc: sáb fev 23 09:11:04 2013
UTC: sáb fev 23 12:11:04 2013
Application Data:
Location = /Users/Shared/DAZ 3D/InstallManager
Disk Total: 1.8 TB (1999539175424)
Disk Avail: 738.0 GB (792446070784)
Reading dzInstall.ini
Current Account: Mario Busch
Current Download Path:
Location = /Volumes/3D Depot/DS-Poser/InstallManagerDownloads
Disk Total: 1.3 TB (1499957936128)
Disk Avail: 313.1 GB (336223641600)
Current Install Path:
Location = /Users/Shared/DAZ Studio/My Library
Disk Total: 1.8 TB (1999539175424)
Disk Avail: 738.0 GB (792446066688)
Json Parser (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
Unable to parse purchased products
Current Account: Mario Busch
Processed 859 installed products totaling 50.9 GB
Invalid JSON formatting while processing purchased items.

Post edited by MBusch on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Oh joy, I am not alone. Or in other words, I have been getting this since last night - I suspect the file it's reading is on the DAZ side so, since other people are still able to use the system, it may be an account issue with our accounts.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Oh joy, I am not alone. Or in other words, I have been getting this since last night - I suspect the file it's reading is on the DAZ side so, since other people are still able to use the system, it may be an account issue with our accounts.

That is what I am thinking also. It just stopped to work some minutes after I made my last purchase. So, something maybe corrupted our purchase history. Oh God, I will need keep calm and wait until monday comes.

Returning to the old method for downloads. Thanks God, I still have Tao's DAZ Content Downloader around. ;-)

edited December 1969

Hmm, I had made a purchase - Essence for Genesis, Musings for the Muse and the Church Bundle - and was refreshing the list to download the zips. I wonder if that's the issue - were any of those items in your purchase?

edited December 1969

Hmm, I had made a purchase - Essence for Genesis, Musings for the Muse and the Church Bundle - and was refreshing the list to download the zips. I wonder if that's the issue - were any of those items in your purchase?

Musings for Muse is the only one. Maybe the Muse doesn't want to be available for our inspiration this weekend. Who knows? Who understand the Muses?

edited December 1969

We need more data points - aka some fellow sufferers.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Working fine for me without any of the above mentioned items in my DL's. Hope that helps some.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Working for me too, used it twice today, but did not buy any of the mentioned items.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited February 2013

We need more data points - aka some fellow sufferers.

Downloaded and installed 3900+ items over the weekend (am loving DIM so far!), another 300+ during the week, now am unable to download anything since Thursday.

Musings for Muse was in the order that appears to have brought things to a halt (and is the only item Richard and I have in common for that order). Will downloading my last two orders and installing the items manually mess up my DIM? I love DIM but also want to use my purchases.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I have the same error. I submitted a Tech Support ticket on Friday, but I'm not expecting anything until late Monday at best.

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Same here???
    No products in my "ready to download"
    first time i started DIM it worked though.
    Now it doesnt anymore!!!
    HELP !

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm getting nothing in my ready to downloads. There should still be close to 3000 items. The log just says "Communication timed out while getting product info.".

It worked fine earlier when I got, ahem, musings as well. In fact I've already installed both musings and essence. Over the past 24 hours I've probably done 4 separate invoices. One with several Ron's brushes which I downloaded by hand. Also reset through taozen's utility other ron's brushes and also downloaded those by hand. So lots of activity in my account.

I found no errors like above in reading earlier in the logfile. There were some duplicate ID's found and errors processing metadata--I imagine for prods that don't have any.

HALP

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

I also have no downloads showing since Thursday evening. Bought Musings in my last order....... does seem to be a theme here....:( Hope they get it sorted out soon-got over 3000 to go as well. Maybe related to the downtime.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Not sure if it makes a difference but here's my log file (same Syntax error re: expected '{' or '[') with a 'Stream EOF reached':

WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Register Open error: Stream EOF reached.
    WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Register Open error: Stream EOF reached.
    Current Account: Walt Sterdan
    Processed 4142 installed products totaling 182.2 GB
    Network Error during authentication.
    Saving Account Settings: Walt Sterdan
    Current Account: Walt Sterdan
    Communication timed out while getting product info.
    User Data Refresh: Elapsed Time 3 sec 971 msec

-- Walt Sterdan

edited February 2013

Doh, I looked up instead of down in the log.

However I suspect this error happened because of the timeout. No products came down, so there was nothing to parse.

Added: I don't have the long error list that Walt has. Only two instances of Json Parser in entire log. The other was for an error typing my password and it couldn't authenticate way back on feb 8.

Post edited by Spit on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem for a few hours yesterday and I had Musings in my trolley. It came back yesterday shortly I removed Musings from the trolley. I didn't connect the two events though...

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Well, I'm getting nothing in my ready to downloads. There should still be close to 3000 items. The log just says "Communication timed out while getting product info.".

It worked fine earlier when I got, ahem, musings as well. In fact I've already installed both musings and essence. Over the past 24 hours I've probably done 4 separate invoices. One with several Ron's brushes which I downloaded by hand. Also reset through taozen's utility other ron's brushes and also downloaded those by hand. So lots of activity in my account.

I found no errors like above in reading earlier in the logfile. There were some duplicate ID's found and errors processing metadata--I imagine for prods that don't have any.

HALP

Sorry for quoting myself but I assumed something erroneously that could be misleading. I've been pouring over the log file and the errors processing metadata occur when the CMS is off. And, in fact, the files in the same 'batch' that don't have that error are probably because they do not have metadata.

Sorry for the confusion (and this is OT the OP)

On topic: Has anyone gotten their download column to fill again? I'm having no luck here.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Mine has been working all day, and is still working, although the download speed is greatly reduced.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Spit said:

HALP

Sorry for quoting myself but I assumed something erroneously that could be misleading. I've been pouring over the log file and the errors processing metadata occur when the CMS is off. And, in fact, the files in the same 'batch' that don't have that error are probably because they do not have metadata.

Sorry for the confusion (and this is OT the OP)

On topic: Has anyone gotten their download column to fill again? I'm having no luck here.

Mine has been working since yesterday...

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I had the same problem for a few hours yesterday and I had Musings in my trolley. It came back yesterday shortly I removed Musings from the trolley. I didn't connect the two events though...

Something that was only in the basket should not affect the DIM, it looks only at actual purchased products as far as I know. So that's a couple of data points clearing Musings, really (yours and Spit's). It doesn't seem to be a local issue - I have another account with one item in its history and that shows fine. Could still be an older item that was added, but then we have people who had trouble on Thursday while my main account was definitely working earlier yesterday and failed later (after placing my order).

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Something that was only in the basket should not affect the DIM, it looks only at actual purchased products as far as I know. So that's a couple of data points clearing Musings, really (yours and Spit's). It doesn't seem to be a local issue - I have another account with one item in its history and that shows fine. Could still be an older item that was added, but then we have people who had trouble on Thursday while my main account was definitely working earlier yesterday and failed later (after placing my order).

I had a number of other items that noone has mentioned mostly on sale stuff that I also cleared. I still have Sickles new product and Madas waiting for me to process it sitting in the basket. I haven't actually placed an order since the 17th when I got the church bundle, stolz and thomas.

Hope this is of use...

edited December 1969

Mine has been working all day, and is still working, although the download speed is greatly reduced.

Pendraia said:

Mine has been working since yesterday...

Thanks for responding.

I'm still getting this

I doubt it's Musings. I've already installed it so it wouldn't be in the download column. The number of installed that are processed matches the previous count plus the batch that had musings in it. Nothing wrong there.

I got a lot this weekend, most of it ron's stuff that the DIM doesn't handle. I'll have to go over the invoices and check.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I had a number of other items that noone has mentioned mostly on sale stuff that I also cleared. I still have Sickles new product and Madas waiting for me to process it sitting in the basket. I haven't actually placed an order since the 17th when I got the church bundle, stolz and thomas.

Hope this is of use...

I have both Sickles and Madas already installed.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Same here. I was okay earlier yesterday...off to check those invoices....

edited December 1969

SHOOT

I do NOT have Sickles installed. That doesn't mean it's the problem, it means I purchased several items before I set the DIM on them.

Sickle Rigging and Morphing System

DM Wishing Well
    Millennium SubDragon Armor
    Xfrog Plant Sampler
    West Park Morgue
    Parkside Tube Station
    Parkside West
    The Chamber of Sorrows
    Old West Mercantile Interior
    The Reading Room
    First Class Stateroom
    Dragon Bridge
    Residence Entry for Grand Staircase
    Mortella for V4

BEO Reaper

edited December 1969

Suddenly It is working again. So, seems there is not something wrong on my side, once I did nothing about the issue. Oh, week I filled a technical support ticket.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I haven't been useing the DIM ,but trying to download the update to Studio has been impossible since Wednesday ,the download keeps timeing out and I have (normally) really good download speeds ,never had this problem before,haven't had it anywhere else ......

edited December 1969

Mine seems to have unstuck too - perhaps they fixed something overnight (I know this was pointed out to the software QA team, though whether they'd have seen or been able to act on the issue over the weekend I wasn't sure).

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Yep. I'm good this morning too.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Yeah, mine is working as well. :) Hope that doesn't happen too often. *fingers and toes crossed*

edited December 1969

Me too. All is gold here. Came back in the wee hours.