Still waiting

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    Bit OT here, but is it normal to get a notice of up to 12 hour delay for order processing from Digital Carvers Guild, or did I just get ripped off?>:(
    I use prepaid cards so no refund/cancellations for me.

I can't think of anyone who's ever had trouble with Eric. It is Sunday- give him some time tomorrow to get to your order.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I sometimes run a C7 Pro render node on an Intel iMac running the next to latest version of OS X.

This time you are the t-rex getting the bait in a couple of chomps... ;)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't know what crepuscular means... :red:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

ask Chohole!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

It's something to do with twilight. I'd have to see the context....

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:
    Madbat said:
    Bit OT here, but is it normal to get a notice of up to 12 hour delay for order processing from Digital Carvers Guild, or did I just get ripped off?>:(

I can't think of anyone who's ever had trouble with Eric. It is Sunday- give him some time tomorrow to get to your order.

It did go through, but that's the first time I've ever been notified it could take 12 hours for an online order to be processed. It kinda freaked me me out.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

your smileys
    lot of glumness in these sort of threads
    like a doomsday cult waiting for the end
    but
    Dartanbeck shines in like a rainbow of unicorns frolicking in the crepuscular rays!

I knew I read it somewhere in here. Wendy's being cagey when suggesting Cholole for the answer.

So Dart is like a rainbow of unicorns frolicking in the twilit rays? "Cause I think it's also a reference to twilight creatures if I recall.... I'll have to check my Mac's dictionary....

Here it is:

Adjective: of, resembling, or relating to twilight.

Zoology: (of an animal) appearing or active in twilight.

So either Dart's frolicking in twilit rays or he's a creature of the night. If I were Dart, I'd go with creature of the night, as it sounds better when playing heavy metal in a club! ;-)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was afraid you meant that sparkle vampire teen romance Twilight...

edited December 1969

God rays
    sunbeams
    light filtering through dust!
    Bryce users have bigger words for stuff than us.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

God rays
    sunbeams

Oh I got a word for it in carrara.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    Fenric said:
    Madbat said:

It did go through, but that's the first time I've ever been notified it could take 12 hours for an online order to be processed. It kinda freaked me me out.

You must not deal very often with small companies (read one man band operations). Many are not set up for 24/7. I'm surprised usually when I run into quick delivery from a small company. E-Bay merchants are that way, too.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

your smileys
    lot of glumness in these sort of threads
    like a doomsday cult waiting for the end
    but
    Dartanbeck shines in like a rainbow of unicorns frolicking in the crepuscular rays!

I knew I read it somewhere in here. Wendy's being cagey when suggesting Cholole for the answer.

So Dart is like a rainbow of unicorns frolicking in the twilit rays? "Cause I think it's also a reference to twilight creatures if I recall.... I'll have to check my Mac's dictionary....

Here it is:

Adjective: of, resembling, or relating to twilight.

Zoology: (of an animal) appearing or active in twilight.

So either Dart's frolicking in twilit rays or he's a creature of the night. If I were Dart, I'd go with creature of the night, as it sounds better when playing heavy metal in a club! ;-)You see, Wendy and I speek from the heart - which is never meant to be "looked up" or otherwise analyzed. It's more... an art form. So I'm going to have to go with:
    A creature of the Night Frolicking in Twilit Rays :vampire:

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited April 2014

Madbat said:
    Fenric said:
    Madbat said:

You must not deal very often with small companies (read one man band operations). Many are not set up for 24/7. I'm surprised usually when I run into quick delivery from a small company. E-Bay merchants are that way, too.

I don't purchase from smaller companies very often, but that was the first time I've ever got a message like that after I purchased, usually if there's a warning it comes before the transaction. It kinda threw me. Most small vendors I deal with use paypal or some such for credit card purchases (like Xurge uses digicard) so transactions go through in about a minute. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

E-Bay...wow the last time I bought anything from them was 2005...some cheap throw-away motherboard.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    God rays
    sunbeams

Oh I got a word for it in carrara.

for sure -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Hzgzim5m7oU&vq=medium

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I was afraid you meant that sparkle vampire teen romance Twilight...

Nah; that only shows that Stephenie Meyer discovered a thesaurus... :P

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Excellent vid. But my terms are not of a positive nature; well duh. Before I got Carrara I spent quite some time working with Terragen. This is my measure for atmospherics and why I find carrara sadly lacking. A 12 yer old piece of software that carrara can't even start to hold a candle to. In Tg I could get beautiful sunbeams with little to no effort, I have never gotten sunbeams to work in any outdoor scene in carrara.

edited December 1969

Wow, really? That's really what you meant by that?
    Man, I would be upset if I found myself continually spending money, year after year on a piece of software that I just can't stand the use of... and then, on top of it all, sitting all angry for years upon years in the forum for that software hoping for change - yet knowing that it'll never meet my satisfaction. Predicting that the next version will be lacking what I really want, trying its beta, which proves that I still don't like it, and then buying it as soon as it's released, knowing that they didn't magically add the features I want since the latest beta - which they said would be what I should expect to see in the official release... yet buying it anyways, just so I can reflect upon how correct my stacked prediction was? Wow!!!
    Not only would I be bummed out beyond belief, but Rosie would cut me off from spending money on software.
    I really feel for ya, but jeez. Aren't you just punishing yourself? No wonder you hate the fact that I love this software!

edited December 1969

ManStan said:

Excellent vid.I totally agree.

edited February 2013

Wow, you just go off when some one threatens your good cheer don't you.

My jeep needs tires, has a leaky fuel injector, the radio doesn't work, the drivers side seat is in bad shape, it smells like car fluids. I love my jeep and drive it every day.

So if I have issues with carrara I'm supposed to drop it and move on? And my pessimism is ruining sales? In all my pessimistic assumptions I have never told anyone to give up on carrara and move on.

I gripe to get the devs to do a better job, update carrara to at lest what was common in CG apps 5-10 years ago. If I didn't want a better carrara I wouldn't be here griping.

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

ManStan is a squeeky wheel and we keep giving him oil.
    Like the old woman who kept banging on the magistrate's door at all hours until he finally relented and took on her case.
    (OMG I am getting all Biblical with Stan again)
    knock and it shall be opened to you, seek and you will find. ask and it shall be given to you.
    if your son asks for a loaf of bread, do you give him a snake?
    Just as we love our children, Daz loves our money and shall provide us with good things according to our needs.
    He patiently waits for Daz to find ways for him to part with more money instead of moving on to another software deity as he knows if he asks enough, the angels, I mean, developers will heed his pleas and seek out heavenly code to to fix Carrara to facilitate his need for more pretty Daz polygonal womanly mesh products to buy and use in his Carrara with one day he fervently prays, dynamicly calculated clothing to to gracefully hug their sexy meshy curves.
    Lets face it, most Daz dollies STILL play and render nicer in Carrara than ANY OTHER SOFTWARE bugs and all.
    Genesis is the haughty exception who vamps it up in Daz studio.
    but
    she (or he, it) too will be integrated and dance for our pleasures!!!
    meanwhile
    Carrara is still pretty good for creating and animating your own mesh!!
    (except if like me you cannot model for shi. . . )

edited February 2013

ManStan said:
    Perhaps a little.
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

I'm a bachelor because women; as much as I love them, drive me up the walls in no short order.

Sorry Wendy but I can't think of any response to your post that wouldn't be derogatory.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Wow, Wendy, better sermon than my preacher dudette gives out.

ManStan, quit abusing that poor jeep. If it's in that bad a shape, take it to the dr and get it fixed. I can't even drive my Buick because it has no battery.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I'm a bachelor because women; as much as I love them, drive me up the walls in no short order.

Sorry Wendy but I can't think of any response to your post that wouldn't be derogatory.

thats ok Manley Stanley, you are totally not my type!
  • tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Wow, Wendy, better sermon than my preacher dudette gives out.

ManStan, quit abusing that poor jeep. If it's in that bad a shape, take it to the dr and get it fixed. I can't even drive my Buick because it has no battery.

Honestly, Dart gets on my nerves sometimes, especially when he makes such extreme fanboy statements
    that veer over into impossibility. *That* doesn't necessarily do anybody any good. Perhaps I'd better just ignore him...

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thread lock in 3... 2... 1...

:-S

But indeed, no news is - after all - no news.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:

My jeep needs tires, has a leaky fuel injector, the radio doesn't work, the drivers side seat is in bad shape, it smells like car fluids. I love my jeep and drive it every day.

So if I have issues with carrara I'm supposed to drop it and move on? And my pessimism is ruining sales? In all my pessimistic assumptions I have never told anyone to give up on carrara and move on.

I gripe to get the devs to do a better job, update carrara to at lest what was common in CG apps 5-10 years ago. If I didn't want a better carrara I wouldn't be here griping.

Now only if they would read these threads. But they don't.

edited February 2013

ManStan said:

What? :-/ ahhh, ya, that's what I mean.

And that has what to do with the cost of blubber in Alaska?

Actually my Jeep is quite drivable, been so long sense I had a vehicle with a working sound system I don't miss it. Tires are $500 and I don't have it. Fuel injectors are not something I can work on and it will be a while before I can get it in to a shop. And do you know what the cost of an 89' Jeep powered driver side seat is :bug: My point being for all it's flaws I love my Jeep and will be getting it fixed. I'm not going to abandon a vehicle that runs can be driven and only needs a few not to costly repairs and new tires. Same with carrara. Doesn't stop me from griping about the tires, fuel injector, broke seat though.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

The burning of straw men does nothing to improve the atmosphere - please refrain from grossly exaggerating another's views only to knock the exaggerated positon down, and in general keep the discussion civil.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    ManStan said:

What? :-/ ahhh, ya, that's what I mean.

And that has what to do with the cost of blubber in Alaska?

Actually my Jeep is quite drivable, been so long sense I had a vehicle with a working sound system I don't miss it. Tires are $500 and I don't have it. Fuel injectors are not something I can work on and it will be a while before I can get it in to a shop. And do you know what the cost of an 89' Jeep powered driver side seat is :bug: My point being for all it's flaws I love my Jeep and will be getting it fixed. I'm not going to abandon a vehicle that runs can be driven and only needs a few not to costly repairs and new tires. Same with carrara. Doesn't stop me from griping about the tires, fuel injector, broke seat though.

go to junk yard for parts - that's what I used to do .