(Commercial) Great Lashes for Genesis 8 available now!!!

Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078

Enhance the beauty of any Genesis 8 Female character with these great lashes https://www.daz3d.com/great-lashes-for-genesis-8-female-s

This package contains morphs, colors and styles that can be applied to the upper and lower lashes individually. 

YouTube videos showing how to use the product:

How to use custom morphs:  http://youtu.be/CBeW4ekuCnY

How to apply colors and styles to any character using Genesis 8 Base Eyelashes (upper/lower lashes at the same time): https://youtu.be/MtbNMvY3yfo

How to apply colors and styles to any character using Genesis 8 Eyelashes with Custom Material Zones included with this product (upper and/or lower lashes independently of each other): https://youtu.be/ypc4qS7bVbA

Post edited by Virtual_World on

Comments

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited June 2017

Custom morphs included.  You can control how long or pointed are the lashes.

PopUp_05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 609K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited June 2017

Some renders showing how they look on Genesis 8

PopUp_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited June 2017

PopUp_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 999K
    edited June 2017

Now it is possible to apply one color to the upper lashes and a different color to the lower lashes.  In this render she has blue upper lashes and purple lower lashes.

PopUp_03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited June 2017

This is Victoria 8 with one of the Great Lashes.  Skin is from Adele for Genesis 3.

V8web.jpg
    500 x 650 - 339K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,818

Looks great. It was an instant buy for me.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Looks like a very nice and useful product!

... Although every time I see the name, all I can think of is an old Maybelline commercial!

Artini said:

Looks great. It was an instant buy for me.

Thanks so much Artini!!!!

vwrangler said:

Looks like a very nice and useful product!

... Although every time I see the name, all I can think of is an old Maybelline commercial!

LOL.... Thankswink!!!!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

This is a great render. I really like the subtle facial expression. It's also an excellent advertisment for your product.

Cheers,

Alex.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited June 2017

I'm having some trouble. I hid the stock eyelashes and followed the Apply 1 and Apply 2 after 1 in the custom folder. I found the morphs (see screen shot) and applied some changes.

Then applied colors and rendered, but the render is goofy. What am I missing?

Capture2.JPG
    535 x 579 - 59K
    VW Eyelash probs.png
    500 x 750 - 509K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
    edited June 2017
    Double post
    edited June 2017

This is a great render. I really like the subtle facial expression. It's also an excellent advertisment for your product.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks so much for your comment Alex!!!! Glad you liked it!

edited June 2017

Thanks for your support acquiring my product fastbike1.  Below you will find an explanation about how to use the product.

Genesis 8 Default Lashes come with two material zones: Eyelashes and EyeMoisture.  

The material zone identified as Eyelashes controls the materials for both the upper and the lower lashes. 

My product comes with material presets that can be applied to both eyelashes at the same time, as any other product that comes with material preset for the eyelashes.  The folder that contains those material presets is identified as For Default Lashes with One Surface.

To use the product this way the steps are:

Load Genesis 8

Select the Eyelashes

Select the Iray or 3Delight folder

Select the forlder identified as For Default Lashes with One Surface

Apply the Default Material preset

Apply your preferred color

Apply your preferred style

(you can apply color and styles in any order)

LashesSurfaceDefault.JPG
    450 x 325 - 70K
    LashesFolders.JPG
    736 x 182 - 62K
    LashesDefault.JPG
    758 x 758 - 101K
    edited June 2017

My product also comes with the option to apply styles and colors for the upper or the lower lashes individually.   For that reason I had to create two additional material zones.  One to control the upper lashes and the other one to control the lower lashes. 

The folder that contains individual presets is identified as For Custom Lashes with Two Material Zones

To use the product this way, the steps are:

Load Genesis 8

Delete or Hide the Default Eyelashes

Select the folder for your preferred render engine: 3Delight or Iray

Select the folder identified as For Custom Lashes with Two Material Zones

Load the Custom Eyelashes with the two addtional material zones.

Apply the default material preset

Select the folder identified as Great lashes Lower

Apply your preferred color for the lower eyelashes

Apply your preferred style for the lower eyelashes

(colors and style can be applied in any order)

Go back and select the folder identified as Great Lashes Upper

Apply your preferred color for the upper eyelashes

Apply your preferred style for the upper eyelashes

(colors and style can be applied in any order)

Lashes.JPG
    979 x 100 - 65K
    LashesCustomSurfaceJPG.JPG
    487 x 418 - 86K
    LashesCustom1.JPG
    511 x 449 - 44K
    LashesLower.JPG
    470 x 792 - 64K
    LashesUpper.JPG
    504 x 811 - 71K
    edited June 2017

Go to the Parameters or the Shaping tabs and change the values of the included morphs, to increase or reduce the size of the lashes, etc...

LashesMorphs.JPG
    1211 x 463 - 75K

For additional information, please view the Readme file http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/43975/start

Hope that the explanation above can help you.  smiley

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Cheers,

Alex.

You are most welcome.  I had a play around with  Victoria 8 yesterday. I'm not impressed by the eyelashes as supplied so your product has gone into next week's shopping list.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Great product but I'm facing problems applying. The colors are applied either one or two-tone but the lashes are way to short and seem not to apply the styles altough I used the "Apply First"-thingy. Any idea?

Cheers,

Alex.

You are most welcome.  I had a play around with  Victoria 8 yesterday. I'm not impressed by the eyelashes as supplied so your product has gone into next week's shopping list.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thank You!!!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Thanks so much for the detailed answer. I think my big problem was that I didn't see the files for the lash morphs in the folders, but only the color changes. I was then using the sliders without applying a morph. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the shaping  icons are where they should be. I either had some kind of DIM install issue or i just didn't scroll. I was in a bit of a hurry, so probably user error. Anyway thanks so much for the response, that really helps. 

For additional information, please view the Readme file http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/43975/start

edited June 2017

Great product but I'm facing problems applying. The colors are applied either one or two-tone but the lashes are way to short and seem not to apply the styles altough I used the "Apply First"-thingy. Any idea?

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Here there is a video to show you how to use the Lashes morphs.  Later, I will post a video to show how to change colors and styles ( I am working on it right now).

https://youtu.be/CBeW4ekuCnY

edited June 2017

This is a video showing how to apply colors and styles to Genesis 8, Victoria 8 or any other characters that uses the Genesis 8 Default Eyelashes

https://youtu.be/MtbNMvY3yfo

This is a video showing how to apply colors and styles individually to the upper and/or lower eyelashes to Genesis 8, Victoria 8 or any other character using the Eyelashes with Custom Material Zones included in this product

https://youtu.be/ypc4qS7bVbA

fastbike1 said:

Thanks so much for the detailed answer. I think my big problem was that I didn't see the files for the lash morphs in the folders, but only the color changes. I was then using the sliders without applying a morph. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the shaping  icons are where they should be. I either had some kind of DIM install issue or i just didn't scroll. I was in a bit of a hurry, so probably user error. Anyway thanks so much for the response, that really helps. 

You are very welcome!!!!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

I just wanted to chime in that this is a great product!

Tight Face.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Greybro said:

I just wanted to chime in that this is a great product!

LOL... Looks fantastic with the big eyelashes... LOL   Thanks so much for your post, I appreciate it very very much! heart

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Picked this one up as soon as I saw it in the store and so far it's working wonderfully.  

edited June 2017
    Daikatana said:

Picked this one up as soon as I saw it in the store and so far it's working wonderfully.  

Fantastic!!! Thanks for your support acquiring my product and for commenting!!!! smiley

edited June 2017

To remind you that there are only a few days left to end the introductory discount of my product Great Lashes for Genesis 8

https://www.daz3d.com/great-lashes-for-genesis-8-female-s

webr1.png
    500 x 650 - 634K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

These are gorgeous!