The Church [Commercial]

Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
edited February 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Well it's been a long time coming, nearly 4 months in the making but The Church is finally here! A complete environment with 4 skydome textures, loads of light and camera presets and complete 360 degree panoramic views of the English countryside!

You can pick up The Church exterior only here:
http://www.daz3d.com/the-church

Or just the church props here:
http://www.daz3d.com/the-church-props

Or pick up both and save in The Church Bundle here:
http://www.daz3d.com/the-church-bundle

Both scenes below rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 using the lighting presets included in the set...

Post edited by Merlin Studios on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

Wow... this looks absolutely incredible. Very detailed, and both interior and exterior catered for. Definitely rocketing to the top of my must-buys.

Edit: Just bought it. Might I say that the level of detail in this set is AMAZING. The doors all open, you've included the spiral staircase in the tower. Even the wooden rafters underneath the parapet are included. The stained glass windows are especially breathtaking. I can easily believe this took four months to complete, and I'm thrilled to have it in my collection.

Thanks for this awesome set!

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

Wow... this looks absolutely incredible. Very detailed, and both interior and exterior catered for. Definitely rocketing to the top of my must-buys.

Here are some more renders of the interior...

TheChurchProps05.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 272K
    TheChurchProps01.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 396K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Absolutely beautiful. Just what I have been waiting for.

Very detailed indeed. Thankyou.

edited December 1969

There are some great light presets bundled with the set as well. I raised the sample rate on UE and added an extra spotlight, but otherwise left the settings unchanged for this render.

Church.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

There are some great light presets bundled with the set as well. I raised the sample rate on UE and added an extra spotlight, but otherwise left the settings unchanged for this render.

Looks good! She's the first person ever to sit on the pews! :)

edited December 1969

Looks good! She's the first person ever to sit on the pews! :)
    But certainly not the last. All I need now is a good vicar outfit. In all my searching, I've never found one for Genesis yet.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you. In addition to other uses, there a number of churches where I live with a similar look. Superb work.

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

WOW!!! Congrats, Merlin. This is a BEAUTY!
    I have most of your products and it's a pleasure to play with them. Your church'll follow soon into my Runtime.
    Greetings - Teresa :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Excellent. In my cart, about to buy.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited February 2013

Couldn't resist. Had to buy the bundle. It's lovely. I do have a question though. It's not showing up in the Daz Install Manager although it's bought and in my downloadable products. Anyone else having that issue?

Edited to add - seemed to resolve itself. Took awhile but can now download and install...yay

Post edited by kimh on
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, your comments are really appreciated!! :) I'd love to see any renders using this set so feel free to post them here.

Thank you. In addition to other uses, there a number of churches where I live with a similar look. Superb work.

You can find parish churches like these in pretty much every village or town across England and Wales. They're all remarkably similar considering they were built almost 1000 years ago and then extended by later generations to cope with the increasing population.

Here are some pictures of the outside...

TheChurchProps12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 404K
    TheChurch01.jpg
    1555 x 1079 - 209K
    TheChurch03.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 396K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Cool set there Merlin. Wondering if this could be retextured into something dark and gothic.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I've just had a very good look at this set and wow, what workmanship. Fantastic details.

Brilliant piece of modelling, as are all your pieces, but this is just brilliant!:-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Cool set there Merlin. Wondering if this could be retextured into something dark and gothic.

I don't see why not. The walls and pillars use a tiled texture that could very easily be changed.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited February 2013

I bought the Church Bundle set (and a couple more Merlin Studio sets) for myself and I am really looking forward to using then in Daz Studio :)

I am curious though, if it would be suitable to buy for a friend of mine as well, as he is using an older Poser version. I know he'd love it :)

From my downloads I am seeing that the church is in "Poser Companion" format, which may indicate Poser with DSON being necessary. Is this the case? For the "Church Props" it just states "Poser Core", so I assume at least for the props no DSON is needed? Could just be a wrong naming issue though, as the product page says pz3, pp2 etc.

Thank you in advance and I am very grateful for these incredible sets :)

Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

If your friend has an account, you can simply send him a gift voucher to buy it. If not, why not have him set one up for it. That way should he ever lose the files he can download them from the site. It's the ideal way to get your friend some cool content.

edited December 1969

If your friend has an account, you can simply send him a gift voucher to buy it. If not, why not have him set one up for it. That way should he ever lose the files he can download them from the site. It's the ideal way to get your friend some cool content.

Yes, will probably do it that way, thanks :) If I am not terribly mistaken he got a DAZ account. Just wanted to clear up, if these sets work in older Poser versions - I think he got Poser 7/8 or so.
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Yes, will probably do it that way, thanks :) If I am not terribly mistaken he got a DAZ account. Just wanted to clear up, if these sets work in older Poser versions - I think he got Poser 7/8 or so.

I set them all up to be compatible with poser 6 but I've not tested it in anything lower than poser pro . If you can wait till tomorrow I'll test it in poser 7 and let you know.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

I set them all up to be compatible with poser 6 but I've not tested it in anything lower than poser pro . If you can wait till tomorrow I'll test it in poser 7 and let you know.
    It should just be fine then probably and I don't think he'll have any problem :) I was just a bit afraid about this "Poser Companion" naming, which usually indicates that there is some DSON needed to go with (similar to how "DS Companion" files need Poser files).

I hope that I am able to play with the set this weekend already and set up a render with it. It looks just great - light/atmosphere, just everything fits and reminds me of when I've been to the UK :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Beautiful set as usual...went straight in the trolley!

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Renpatsu said:

It should just be fine then probably and I don't think he'll have any problem :) I was just a bit afraid about this "Poser Companion" naming, which usually indicates that there is some DSON needed to go with (similar to how "DS Companion" files need Poser files).

I hope that I am able to play with the set this weekend already and set up a render with it. It looks just great - light/atmosphere, just everything fits and reminds me of when I've been to the UK :)

I can report that The Church loads fine in Poser 7 :)

edited December 1969

Do you have a ton of old versions lying around just to test this stuff? I can't help but admire your work ethic if that's the case!

edited December 1969

Do you have a ton of old versions lying around just to test this stuff? I can't help but admire your work ethic if that's the case!

I've only recently upgraded to Poser Pro 2012 from Poser 7, so I keep it installed to test on. I still have Daz Studio 2.3 installed as well :)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I have bought and downloaded but not installed yet. I too noticed the very large Poser Companion file.... I think that is a mistake and it is really the Poser version of the Church.. not a companion file for the Daz version. I would like this clarified before I install as I put my Poser files separate runtime from my Poser Companion files.

The product looks fantastic... one of the best models I have seen here at Daz.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Awesome workmanship. And the promos just make me drool. I must have this!

edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I have bought and downloaded but not installed yet. I too noticed the very large Poser Companion file.... I think that is a mistake and it is really the Poser version of the Church.. not a companion file for the Daz version. I would like this clarified before I install as I put my Poser files separate runtime from my Poser Companion files.

The product looks fantastic... one of the best models I have seen here at Daz.

I'm afraid I don't currently have access to the downloadable files to test this. The Church is a pretty big set though so I wouldn't be surprised if they were quite sizable.

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Awesome workmanship. And the promos just make me drool. I must have this!

Thanks, coming from a fellow PA that's quite a compliment! :)

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome as usual - In my shopping cart with a couple of other items, waiting desperately for a credit to my Bank account ;-)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Genesis Rising : I used the church and gravestones with just Genesis ( I like his default grey texture) wearing dynamic angelic robe. I probably over fiddled with it in Photoshop trying to get it to look more spooky.

genesis_rising_final.jpg
    835 x 874 - 381K