AMR's Proportions for Genesis - UPDATED 20120822

adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
edited August 2012 in Freebies

Original Reelase 20110819
Update 20120217 - Fixed Headscale propagating proptions
Update 20120810 - Fixed missing icons from Shaping Tab
Update 20120822 - RE_fixed Headscale propagating proportions issue

One of the key things missing from the SP4 package for Genesis (IMO!) were the extraordinarily useful proportion morphs. These are NOT a migration of the S4 morphs rather a recreation. They are not exact but are meant to be close with similar overall proportions.

Note the proportion morphs in the Sp4 package for V4 ONLY control scaling, they do not alter shapes, therefore the recreation for Genesis will do the same thing. This differentiates it from Fantasy Shapes as it we're talking a purely limb/torso/overall body SIZE set rather than a body SHAPE set.

Proportions Gn by AMR
by Adam Rasmussen (adamr001)

Available for download at: http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/genesis/Proportions_Gn_2012082201.zip

Restrictions:
These morphs are free for commercial use, but may not be distributed by any method other than the original download link indicated above without my express written permission.

Install:
Unzip to the same directory that your DS4 Default Content is installed to.

Usage:
You will find these morphs via the Parameter's pane under Actor > Universal > Proportions or via the Shape Pane under Universal > Proportions.

By default that is:
~Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/

Where "~/" varies by Operating System.

Images below show V4 with Sp4 Proportions on the left, and Genesis with Proportions Gn on the right (also used Legacy Shape V4 for more accurate comparison). Note that Legacy Shape V4 is not required and Proportions Gn work with all Genesis morphs albeit some of them are a little comical.

Post edited by adamr001 on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

and the rest of the proportions....

06_supertall.jpg
    949 x 878 - 106K
    05_stout.jpg
    949 x 878 - 101K
    04_short.jpg
    949 x 878 - 90K
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Thanks - AGAIN, Adam

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update. Do I have to delete the old files first, or does this overwrite all files by the same name?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Thank you, these look very nice.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you for these, Adam.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks for the update. Do I have to delete the old files first, or does this overwrite all files by the same name?
    They overwrite the old files. You will have to start up a new genesis to see them on the shaping pane.
  • RF InteractiveRF Interactive Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thank you.

Also, I've been looking for the height-meter prop/thing you are using, is that a freebie somewhere?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Those will be handy. Thanx! :)

edited December 1969

Thank you.

Also, I've been looking for the height-meter prop/thing you are using, is that a freebie somewhere?

It came with a product that (as far as I am aware) is no longer on the market. :(

Tip: You can make a cube to any height (in centimeters) and use that as a stop gap measuring tool. E.g., 179cm = 5'10.5" (V4s height)

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Thank you.

It came with a product that (as far as I am aware) is no longer on the market. :(

Tip: You can make a cube to any height (in centimeters) and use that as a stop gap measuring tool. E.g., 179cm = 5'10.5" (V4s height)

Yes, that's what I've been doing soo far. Was hoping for something more "fancy" but guess I will have to do a suitable texture for a simple prop.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Thank you.

Here's a metric one... http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/ruten-ryojo/poser/download.html

Customary units... http://www.sharecg.com/v/40765/browse/11/Poser/Poser-height-measuring-rulers

edited December 1969

Thank you. Those will come in handy.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Hey Adam, I can haz a bug for you.

When I apply "Gn Short", around and about 43% mark the eyeballs begin to detach (see the attached image). It did not seem to depend on other morphs applied -- only that one caused it.

Uh, any chance for a fix? I... kind of need this one in a hurry.

Gn_short_eyeball_malfunction.png
    431 x 294 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Grr. Apparently my fixing the shaping pane bug re-introduced an older bug that I had previously fixed.

Try this one: http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/genesis/Proportions_Gn_2012082201.zip it should fix the issue.

edited December 1969

Thanks! Phew, that was fast. :lol:

edited December 1969

Helped that I had fixed it once before. LOL.

edited December 1969

:) Thanks, rendering is now happening. :) It is one helluva happy gnome. :)

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Thank you.

Here's a post I made back in January 2012:

Posted:Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm
    adamr001 wrote:
    The line-up height scale is a prop that came with the Sabrina Rogers V4 character package by jamminwolfie.

It was available as a freebie on the forums here for awhile. Not sure if it's still available that route or not.

I PM'd 'jammin' and he stated that he is unavailable to offer the scale prop as a freebie, due an agreement he has with the co-creator. He is offering the scale prop alone for a five dollar GC (from here or rendo) -or- the original Sabrina Rogers package (which includes the prop) for a ten dollar GC.

• Fenriz DaggerFenriz Dagger Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Wow thanks!

I've been hoping someone would make this for Genesis.

edited December 1969

You're welcome. :)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for this!!

• ken_7dac5ac5a2ken_7dac5ac5a2 Posts: 54
    edited February 2013

Adam,

For me only the Petite Gn AMR item appears on the Shape Pane under Universal > Proportions with Genesis selected. They all appear on the Parameter’s pane under Actor > Universal > Proportions. I have uninstalled, re-installed, reset the Content DB Maintenence, and re-imported metadata. I have the latest version (Proportions_Gn_2011081901), but it was happening with an older version (Proportions_Gn_2011081901) as well. There's probably a simple explanation, but I am not seeing it.

Thanks.

Post edited by ken_7dac5ac5a2 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Kenneth, is this showing in a new Genesis figure or in an existing character? If the latter, try the former.

edited December 1969

The ONLY problem with these is with the Petite morph, which lifts Genesis off the ground, making it difficult to get an accurate height... doable, but difficult...

edited December 1969

Yup, the shaping parameter issue was fixed at a some point, so make sure you have the latest version.

As to moving off the ground, just press CTRL+D to send the currently selected item to the ground.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Kenneth, is this showing in a new Genesis figure or in an existing character? If the latter, try the former.

It is happening with the default Genesis.duf in a new scene.
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited February 2013

wancow said:
    The ONLY problem with these is with the Petite morph, which lifts Genesis off the ground, making it difficult to get an accurate height... doable, but difficult...

Once you've dialed up the morph, hit Ctrl-D to move the character to the ground. I do this as a matter of routine since there are many morphs that don't necessarily ground the character.

Edit: Darn! too slow.:-)

Post edited by Gone on
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Yup, the shaping parameter issue was fixed at a some point, so make sure you have the latest version.

As to moving off the ground, just press CTRL+D to send the currently selected item to the ground.

I hear you! :) Actually, if I put heels on a character, it's pretty often her feet end up in the right place... but I've taken to always putting the figure under a null so that when the figure is standing on the ground, the null is, and I just move the null around a scene...

edited December 1969

Adam,

For me only the Petite Gn AMR item appears on the Shape Pane under Universal > Proportions with Genesis selected. They all appear on the Parameter’s pane under Actor > Universal > Proportions. I have uninstalled, re-installed, reset the Content DB Maintenence, and re-imported metadata. I have the latest version (Proportions_Gn_2011081901), but it was happening with an older version (Proportions_Gn_2011081901) as well. There's probably a simple explanation, but I am not seeing it.

Thanks.

This is what it looks like for me in DS 4.5.1.56. (At one time it worked.)
    ProportionsProblem.jpg
    1090 x 714 - 129K
    edited December 1969

They're definitely working correctly for in 4.5.1.56 using the latest version of the downloads. I just deleted and redownloaded to test.

I suggest closing DS
    Removing the morphs from your HDD (delete entire \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\adamr001\Proportions Gn AMR\ folder)
    Redownload from http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/genesis/Proportions_Gn_2012082201.zip
    Reinstall.

Test again.

201302141353_proportions.png
    973 x 846 - 156K