The DAZ Install Manager (DIM) - how soon could I use it if I become a Platinum?

Zachary_WolfZachary_Wolf Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was a Platinum user for a few months a year or so ago. I stopped my subscription, primarily due to the hassle of installing the purchases that I was making.

I'm wondering how soon, I'd have access to the new DIM tool, if I were to join as a Platinum member. are any of you platinum users actually using the tool now? does it stream line installations? is that tool worth joining up again, if purchase management was my primary concern before?

Thanks for any information on this, I'm REALLY exited by the potential.

Wade.

Comments

• edited December 1969

Our PC email says we'll get to start playing with it sometime next week. I'd definitely watch the video tutorial and follow the thread in the commons on it, if you aren't already. It sounds like if you've moved files around in your runtime, it may not be such a good thing. But if you've just created categories, then you'll be fine.

• Zachary_WolfZachary_Wolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    Our PC email says we'll get to start playing with it sometime next week. I'd definitely watch the video tutorial and follow the thread in the commons on it, if you aren't already. It sounds like if you've moved files around in your runtime, it may not be such a good thing. But if you've just created categories, then you'll be fine.

I'll be starting from scratch...re-installing everything. I fell prey to the 'miss represented space requirements' as the DAZ Suite of software was reporting HUGE disk space usage... apparently it's not really using all that space.. it just likes to 'say' it is. Either way, I un-installed it, and de-activated my platinum sub.

I'd love to go back, but I was spending HOURS installing things that I'd buy (or get free,) and that was time I'd have rather put into creating content. I'm really hoping that this manager does the trick, and makes all the madness of clicky cliky clicky to install individual assets a much smother process. (i.e. group all my purchases from a weekend, and just say 'install these' boom.) that is my dream - it would be soo cool if they made it a reality... if it works like that, I'm in at the yearly rate. (and look OUT content purchases! here I come.)

Wade 'zWolf' Hone.

edited December 1969

... after posting that, I got to thinking... what DOES happen to all my purchases that I made last February? how difficult is it going to be for me to 're-install' them? I see last month when I bought a few assets that I could use as back ground images in photoshop, I see that I have 4 of 5 downloads remaining... do you think that my old assets will say something like that?

and what happens if you use all 5 downloads? do you have to pay an additional download fee? (heaven forbid you have to 'repurchase' the asset.)

thanks for any tips. I'm guessing this is all stuff I could find in a FAQ.. but, if someone know's the answer and doesn't mind helping me 'short cut' my way to it, I'd much appreciate it... if you don't have time, (or hate people that don't search harder,) I fully understand -though I doubt the hard core haters would hang out in a 'newby' forum thread heh.

thanks again for any helps!

Wade.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

... after posting that, I got to thinking... what DOES happen to all my purchases that I made last February? how difficult is it going to be for me to 're-install' them? I see last month when I bought a few assets that I could use as back ground images in photoshop, I see that I have 4 of 5 downloads remaining... do you think that my old assets will say something like that?

and what happens if you use all 5 downloads? do you have to pay an additional download fee? (heaven forbid you have to 'repurchase' the asset.)

thanks for any tips. I'm guessing this is all stuff I could find in a FAQ.. but, if someone know's the answer and doesn't mind helping me 'short cut' my way to it, I'd much appreciate it... if you don't have time, (or hate people that don't search harder,) I fully understand -though I doubt the hard core haters would hang out in a 'newby' forum thread heh.

Wade.

If you do happen to use up all the 5 allowed downloads for any reason, then you simply go to your IOH, and reset the item.

IOH is Itemised Order History, btw.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

And when you start using Install Manager you don't have to bother with resetting at all -- your whole history is there for you to download any items at any time.

• 1hapkat1hapkat Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Daz install Manager for Mac only downloaded for 32 bit not 64, so I can't use it. Will 64 bit for Mac be available soon?

SnapPro009.jpg
    404 x 54 - 14K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

32 bit apps still work on a 64 bit system, just not the other way around.

• rfanch3rrfanch3r Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Wade.

If you do happen to use up all the 5 allowed downloads for any reason, then you simply go to your IOH, and reset the item.

IOH is Itemised Order History, btw.

I actually had the very same questions regarding the same concern. Thank you for the answer.

• rfanch3rrfanch3r Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

32 bit apps still work on a 64 bit system, just not the other way around.

This is an amazing app, I am so glad they came out with this. Sooooo much easier to find my cra....err stuff.

edited February 2013

And when you start using Install Manager you don't have to bother with resetting at all -- your whole history is there for you to download any items at any time.

I'm just wondering how soon I'd be able to access to that tool - I have un-installed all of the assets that I had several months ago, the main reason I quit using was how much time involved just in installing the assets every time I'd buy something new.

As soon as there is an 'easy way' to install the things that I buy, I'm back in with a vengeance! it sounds like you are using the tool now, is it available to ALL platinum users? (if so, I'll go sign up now!)

or,

is it slowly rolling out, and will be several weeks / months before I can use it?

thank you for the up-dates, I'm really looking forward to getting back into DAZ3D - (I just can't see re-installing every thing till, I'm able to use the DIM.)

thanks!

Wade.

Post edited by Zachary_Wolf on
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:

You mentioned a Video Tutorial... was it regarding DIM? if so, could you point me towards it? I looked at the various tutorial videos on the support site, but didn't see anything related to DIM... I may just be blind though, heh.

Wade.

• 1hapkat1hapkat Posts: 30
    edited February 2013

Thanks JimmyC, I did not know that.

(regarding 32 bit app working in 64 bit environment)

Post edited by 1hapkat on
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to check in and see what the status of the new DAZ Install Manager software was - I'm looking forward to becoming a platinum member again, but, I REALLY don't want to deal with installing like I used to have to.

I put in a ticket to find out 'when' it would be available to use, or 'if' Platinum users could use the tool right off, but somehow my question (and restated question,) just didn't seem to be understood.

Can anyone here in the forums tell me if they have access to using the new Install Manager Tools?

Any info on when users might have access to the tools?

Thank you for any information.

zWolf / Wade.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The DIM has been released to PC members already. It was a phased release as far as I know, so I don;t know if veryone in the PC has it yet or not, but I think so.

There is a 60 page thread here in the Commons about it, which you are welcome to read. Please bear in mind, that the first 20 pages or so, were posted before the DIM was even released.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16104/

edited December 1969

Thanks Jimmy C - I'll go check that thread out - I'm basically looking for where to get the tool. Once I have it, (or know I can get it as a platinum member,) I'm happy to sign back up platinum for a yearly sub. I just don't want to plunk down my subscription for a year, and not have access to the installer, as since I'll be installing every thing fresh, I don't want to do it twice, (once without the installer, and once with it.)

thanks again for the help.

Wade.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited February 2013

Go to the New Releases page and click the image that says "Easy" in big green letters. It'll take you to a page where you can download either the Windows or Mac versions of the DAZ Install Manager.

It doesn't appear that it's available only to Platinum Club members anymore--but don't let that discourage you from joining again. ;-)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Go to the New Releases page and click the image that says "Easy" in big green letters. It'll take you to a page where you can download either the Windows or Mac versions of the DAZ Install Manager.

It doesn't appear that it's available only to Platinum Club members anymore--but don't let that discourage you from joining again. ;-)

You sir, are a GEM! thank you for this info! funny that I actually even had visited the 'new releases' section, but just missed that section. (it looked too much like add on other websites, I guess, my subconscious just tuned it out.)

OH ya, I'll definitely be re-subbing, I just didn't want the 'time' to start clicking on my subscription before I had access to DIM.

Thanks again!

edited December 1969

Woot! Success! it's been a long wait, and I'm betting I could have had access to this long ago had I paid better attention - but it's quite awesome! it went to my purchased items, installed em, and now I can use them in DAZ 3D - Super cool!

thanks!