Installation of Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser

Couldn't get Install manager to to install the DSON plugin but installed it manually OK. 

How do I Install Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

Both the core and the PoserCF files needcto be installed to a folder used as a Poser external library.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I installed them to a folder called 'DAZ Content' (it can be in any writable location  outside of the C:/Program Files heirarchy if you are using Windows) and added that to the Poser Library as an external runtime folder.

I later installed DAZ Studio amd used that folder as its library location...

• barrieMbarrieM Posts: 282

Thank you. I finally installed Melody Man Strings DS and Melody Man Strings Ps. Are they the correct files? there is also a Melody Man Strings (templates). What are templates? I found the items in the library after a very long search buried six folders down. After a few searches for missing files I finally got the object on stage. I seem to have done something not quite right unless this is a typical installation. I used iM after my manual attempt failed. Maybe that was the problem. IM never displayed the files under any of the two "Ready" tabs but did display the files under the "Installed" tab. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

For Poser you need only the PS fiels for Melody Man Strings - the Poser and Daz Studio versionsa re both complete, one is not an add-on or companion set for the other. The templates show you how the mapping works, should you decide to create your own textures - they are not used directly by Poser (or DS) so don't have a set location.

Thank you Richard that is a big help. I thought DS was reference to DSON. Pity the publishers/artists don't explain some details for the benefit of newbies. Especially details of where the files should reside.

Is it correct to assume any product with PS files do not require the DSON plugin?

If it is has straight PS files, or if the product page says Poser Core Installer, then you don't need the DSON Importer.   If it has only PoserCF files, or Poser Companion Files plus DSON Core installer (which are the Daz Studio files) then it does need the DSON Importer and both sets of files.

Many thanks for the clarification.

• please help download suc cessfully install on my computer