Utility to repair damaged Installers Available

1235»

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Everybody is welcome. Since at least 10-July there should no longer be a need for my utility. It seems that the errors are gone.

For those who may still have downloads with the issues, I will keep the utilities available for at least another couple of months.

Kendall

• skyss112skyss112 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    What is the solution for Mac users? I have downloaded DAZ4.5 about 3 times now, moved it all over from an external drive to a new folder and it still won't extract. I thought it was because, I was using a mountainlion and somewhere in the knowledgebase section they suggested that I enable "applications downloaded from anywhere"... did that.. still nothing. I keep getting the same message.

"unable to expand "daz-studio-mac.zip" into "downloads" (Error 2 - No such file or directory.)"

I had the DAZ4 which I downloaded months ago... should have just kept that one instead because, if extracting the software alone is this much of a hassle I wonder what other drama I'm gonna encounter when I try to use it program :(

Please help?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I can't help (because I don't have a Mac), but I want to reassure you you can get DS4 back: just reset your download for the purchase for Daz Studio 4 Pro - it will give you the files for DS4 and DS4.5.

edited December 1969

skyss112 said:
    Hi,
    What is the solution for Mac users? I have downloaded DAZ4.5 about 3 times now, moved it all over from an external drive to a new folder and it still won't extract. I thought it was because, I was using a mountainlion and somewhere in the knowledgebase section they suggested that I enable "applications downloaded from anywhere"... did that.. still nothing. I keep getting the same message.

"unable to expand "daz-studio-mac.zip" into "downloads" (Error 2 - No such file or directory.)"

I had the DAZ4 which I downloaded months ago... should have just kept that one instead because, if extracting the software alone is this much of a hassle I wonder what other drama I'm gonna encounter when I try to use it program :(

Please help?

This is a Mac OS problem, not a DAZ problem. Google "unable to expand error 2" and you'll find LOTS of ways to fix the problem. The best way is to download a dedicated ZIP program for your Mac. Which one is up to you.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Oops just saw that you posted it already. Sorry. And thanks a bunch.

edited December 1969

Okay, back... it doesn't seem to work and I am getting the same error with the fixed one.

edited December 1969

skyss112 said:
    Okay, back... it doesn't seem to work and I am getting the same error with the fixed one.

Your problem isn't one that my utility can fix. It is an issue with your Mac. You need to go find a dedicated Zip file extractor for your Mac and use that to extract the zip file.

Kendall

• renecyberdocrenecyberdoc Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

hi where can i get this tool i have one corrupt install file.and i cant get real help on the helpdesk they always tell me to clear my cache and my cookies.
    i downloaded on various computers and with various browsers the file is still corrupt.
    it executes but then hangs in a kind of endless loop see what i mean??:

edited December 1969

do i have to open an account to be able to log into the download page of the tool??.maybe i am blind lol.

edited December 1969

hi where can i get this tool i have one corrupt install file.and i cant get real help on the helpdesk they always tell me to clear my cache and my cookies.
    i downloaded on various computers and with various browsers the file is still corrupt.
    it executes but then hangs in a kind of endless loop see what i mean??:

The link to the utility is in the first post in this thread. HOWEVER, it won't fix your problem. This utility was for issues related to extra garbage written into the files after the switchover. Those errors have long since been resolved. The utility is still available in case someone downloaded something in those first few weeks and never got around to using the content.

Kendall

edited December 1969

hi thanks for the quick reply i wrote to the staff and see what will come out it is the only file that ever was corrupt.i am going to buy a couple of things now and see how they work.my opinion is the file is deat meat lol.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There've been download problems over the past week that were fixed today, so you may want to try again after clearing cache (or using a different browser).

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited February 2013

Hi, I have been having these exact same problems-- I DLed Bryce awhile back and it doesn't execute, and the free Dragon packs today-- the only one that works is Mil Dragon 1.0.

How do I fix this? Because I'm really afraid that I'll end up purchasing an item I can't download, and refunding isn't exactly an option. Please help me while the dragon bundle is still free, PLEASE!

(Also, I'm unable to log into my account with IE for some reason, and I'm not up to installing any other browser-- I normally use Firefox)

Edit: Nevermind. As I had wondered, the brand new Installation Manager fixes this problem. You'd think DAZ would explain that on the DL Manager page, or at least somerwhere -_-

Post edited by IceEmpress on
  • marchartammarchartam Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Thank you for leaving this available i appreaciate it very much